Friday 8 th January 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Re: Friday 8 th January 2016

Post by ephemerid »

HindleA wrote:Realise frustration but humbly suggest many are not sitting on their hands,to suggest otherwise does them a disfavour.Many good people doing the best they can.It is usually the ones you will not have heard of,ploughing for others,rather than themselves.Easy for tub thumping ego mania to be mistaken for opposition with a purpose and effect.Behind the scenes you will find the true picture.

I hear you, A. Maybe I'm being a bit unfair.....

But I am frustrated at what I see and hear from the people who should be - IMHO - making a very loud noise.

People are dying while our politicians are being "reasonable".

It happens to be my view that there has been enough debating. I want serious, principled, public, and very noisy opposition.
If that's happening somewhere, I've obviously missed it.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:I realise how far the Torygraph has fallen in recent years - but it currently has a brilliant, almost word perfect piece by Tim Stanley on this week's Labour shenanigans.

Which forces me to ask - WHY IS IT ONLY RIGHT WING JOURNALISTS CURRENTLY SAYING THIS STUFF?

(though tbf away from the dead tree press, that is not *quite* as true - Emma Burnell's effort on LabourList is also well worth reading, for those who haven't already)
That's a very good piece by Tim Stanley. Thanks for the tip off. And some of the comments BTL - from conservative supporters as well - are interesting. They don't like what's going on either. One of them thanks Stanley for using the term Labour right rather than moderates. A refreshing departure.
Working on the wild side.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:cja, I saw that yesterday, fabulous isn't it.
It is.

I'd intended it a bit ironically as that article was the most popular
on the G, at least it was this morning. The information and news
reported here on flythenest is arguably more important than an
owl's picture taken in Montreal several days ago.

I've never made a secret of my fondness for owls. Labour having
not been returned to government in 2015 dashed my slender hopes
of receiving my owl. I thought it a good policy. I understand it was
a mischievous joke and not a real promise.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:I realise how far the Torygraph has fallen in recent years - but it currently has a brilliant, almost word perfect piece by Tim Stanley on this week's Labour shenanigans.

Which forces me to ask - WHY IS IT ONLY RIGHT WING JOURNALISTS CURRENTLY SAYING THIS STUFF?

(though tbf away from the dead tree press, that is not *quite* as true - Emma Burnell's effort on LabourList is also well worth reading, for those who haven't already)
Left wing journalists have volunteered their labour providing food and flood catastrophe relief throughout the country.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

The sun is currently shining in Stoke!
Beautiful!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Baroness Hollis forensic demolition with a smiling face;Clive Betts,equally forensic.The former in the Lords,the latter late at night against braying and an increasingly inebriated audience.It is there.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

citizenJA wrote:The sun is currently shining in Stoke!
Beautiful!
Enjoy it while it lasts citizen. We had a couple of hours of it this morning - and it was wonderful. We're back in Niagra now.

As an indication of how wet it has been here ... I used my car for the first time in about 10 days this morning. I went to start it up and found that the entire steering wheel was covered in a light green silky mould. Lovely.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

What is Hunt doing in your car,no suitable tree to hide behind?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Michael Rosen has posted some interesting comments BTL on the Kuenssberg live resignation 'scoop' story in the G. He focuses on the 'trust agenda' that the BBC has and presenters and programme makers are meant to abide by.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ScarletGas wrote:On the Doughty/Kuenssberg issue I see the Westminster "bubble" are out in force with an argument based on that's her job and defending the actions of the BBC pretty strongly.

Firstly I think it shows how far the journalistic "profession" has fallen in recent years when they can even think let alone elucidate this reasoning. The BBC (and therefore her) role is to report the news not create it and it is the latest in a long line of incidents where La Kuenssberg has wanted to be front and centre of the story rather than just reporting it.

I do and actually have felt for some time that reporters actually see themselves as personalities rather than just independent purveyors of facts. Maybe this has something to do with the 24/7 news cycle and press previews where TV journalists ask newsprint journalists for their opinion on publications of other journalists! Whatever it is its a disappointing and may I say dangerous development on many levels.

Of course we have always had personality journalists and I have no objection to this genre where opinions are clearly defined by the individuals background as right/centre/left or from wherever however this is an age where this is clouded by establishment figures (and make no mistake the press are part of the establishment) colluding to benefit a chosen party.

This in my view is where the BBC and La Kuenssberg have, in their haste to break a scoop,forgotten their role as impartial journalists not to create news.Incidentally from what I have read when first contacted at 9am Doughty was only considering resigning.So what happened between then and 12.25.It does not take a Honours graduate in politics to understand the effect this would have on PMQs five minutes later and Kuenssberg and the Daily Politics team are canny operators.

So the defence from the BBC is also flawed when it states that the reshuffle was the biggest story of the week. In whose eyes? To most I would suggest the reshuffle was a pretty way down a long list of important stories (unless you never got your backside out of Westminster)

As to Doughty himself I will waste only a few words. For someone who is shallow enough to want his 5 minutes of fame based on some immature,petulant reaction instead of working hard to improve the lot of those constituents who put him there...............Bah!I have wasted to many words and time on him already!
Many thanks for this post. It can't be said or posted too many times. Keep writing and talking, everyone, others won't know what they don't hear or see. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have people from all over posting here and linking their information, news with documentation. That's a general thank you as well as a specific thanks to you, ScarletGas.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Who can know what current government get up to for real and not have it
get their back up? Less than a quarter of the electorate, on the outside.

http://www.ukpolitical.info/2015.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Owen Jones ‏@OwenJones84 2h2 hours ago
What we should be talking about: the number of tenants in serious arrears jumps by 13.8% in just three months http://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/j ... ember-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Good for the Labour MP saying we are not doing enough to get humanitarian aid to the people under siege in Syria. She's saying that if aid agencies aren't given access in the next couple of days the UK should be organising RAF drops of food etc.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Politico Daily ‏@Politico_Daily 41m41 minutes ago
Labour's @SarahChampionMP echoes @timfarron's call yesterday for the RAF to drop food aid to the besieged Syrian town of Madaya
It's Sarah Champion. She's definitely one of the MPs that are plugging away at the most important issues and injustices.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Labour's @SarahChampionMP echoes @timfarron's call yesterday for the RAF to drop food aid to the besieged Syrian town of Madaya
It's Sarah Champion. She's definitely one of the MPs that are plugging away at the most important issues and injustices.
She *is* good, isnt she? And to think the local party in Rotherham didn't originally want her.......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
She *is* good, isnt she? And to think the local party in Rotherham didn't originally want her.......
Whyever not?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
One to watch I reckon...Hard working and an all round nice person.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

HindleA wrote:Baroness Hollis forensic demolition with a smiling face;Clive Betts,equally forensic.The former in the Lords,the latter late at night against braying and an increasingly inebriated audience.It is there.

Points taken - yes, it IS there. But it's not enough and it is not making much difference.

There is a horrible facet to Munchausens' Disease by Proxy - in which people (usually parents) inflict injures on others (usually children) in order to produce symptoms which require medical attention and attract sympathy - called "La Belle Indifference".
This takes the form of the victim becoming passive recipients of both the injuries and the invasive medical procedures conducted to diagnose/treat them - the victim appears to feel little pain and tolerates all manner of abuse, well-intentioned or otherwise.

It often seems to me that the majority of our politicians are content to sit passively in both Houses while a few doughty campaigners register their protests (forensically or otherwise) but say and do nothing to stop what is basically abuse.
They KNOW that 569 suicides of people with mental illness have been attributed by coroners to the WCA; they KNOW that IDS/DWP refuse to release full statistics on other suicides and known untoward deaths. They give every appearance of indifference.

Maximus has failed to train its' staff. Half of them have not even completed what passes for "training" - which, as we know, is nothing more onerous than instruction on how to apply the LIMA system, and takes a matter of days.
Maximus, like Atos, has failed to attract health care professionals with qualifications registered with our statutory bodies - all that is required is a "registerable" qualification, obtained anywhere; and in many cases the staff concerned have chosen not to complete the necessary examinations/supervised practice that would allow them to work in the NHS. But they're good enough for this.
Maximus, like Atos, has failed to meet its' targets; failed to produce reports which are functionally literate; failed to assess accurately, fairly, in person or by correspondence only, to the extent that appeal rates are as high as ever and most of them are won by the claimant (even allowing for the draconian Mandatory Consideration of Review).

CAB has stated that it deals with more complaints about ESA and the WCA than any other issue. By June 2014, it had dealt with 1.5 Million cases. That's 250,000 people for every year since ESA was introduced.
Bearing in mind that not all claimants who appeal, or have problems with ESA, use the CAB, the number is likely to be far higher.

Maximus currently has a backlog of 290,000 people waiting on average 29 weeks for their first WCA. They will all be on the lowest possible rate of the benefit for at least 16 weeks longer than they should be. That is a saving for DWP in excess of £140 Million PA.
Higher rates are only paid after the WCA if the claimant proves their incapacity for work, never backdated to week 13 of the claim when the WCA should have taken place. Sgnificant savings are being made on the backs of sick people.
Maximus will, by 2020, have been paid £1.6 Billion. The savings expected from this are £1.0 Billion. Even if they are achieved, which is by no means a done deal, the cost to the taxpayer is massive. That £0.6 Billion would pay the higher rate of ESA to 6 Million people for a week. The current ESA caseload is less than that. It hasn't changed - despite all this - for years.

I would love to know how Sue Marsh feels about all this. "Customer Experience" does not appear to improving, does it?

And - your good people notwithstanding, HindleA - I want to hear much more outraged noise from those who claim to represent us and who claim to oppose the Tories. I remain resolutely unimpressed.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Merseysidë police are looking for this man Mike Kellaway in relations to countless thefts of stealing dogs and then sending the owner a picture of himself with the dog demanding a ransom of around £5 to £10 (as seen in this picture) he is a truly sick man he has been known to torture these poor animals just for his own satisfaction and will kill them if the ransom is not met poor chip didn't make it but we can help spread awareness to catch this horrible man and hopefully make sure he doesn't strike again. police are warning people not to approach this man as he is extremely dangerous but to call crime stoppers on 0800 999 999 if anyone has seen this man or knows his whereabouts. he also goes by the street name of big mike
12369199_10207111287334862_82924734397394912_n.jpg
12369199_10207111287334862_82924734397394912_n.jpg (91.07 KiB) Viewed 4732 times
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

London takes just one week to breach annual air pollution limits

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... ion-limits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"London has already breached annual pollution limits just one week into 2016,
and only weeks after the government published its plans to clean up the UK’s
air.

The UK has been in breach of EU pollution limits for five years now and last spring
was ordered by the Supreme Court to publish an action plan on how to tackle the
major health crisis.

That plan was published in December, but London, Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool,
Cardiff and Edinburgh and other major cities will still be in breach of NO2 limits
for at least another five years, despite the measures.
"
(my emphasis)

How can we solve this? Individuals currently have literally no alternative of getting
where they need to go and we all have no alternative but to breathe air available.
Lives are lost and health daily compromised and that's a fact.

Individual vehicles aren't the problem. Individual vehicles aren't the problem.
Millions of them emitting pollution add up, becoming the problem.
Vehicle Licensing Statistics: Quarter 1 2015

At the end of quarter 4 2014 there were 35.6 million vehicles licensed for use on the roads in
Great Britain, of which 29.6 million were cars.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... elease.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(my emphasis)

edited when I noticed I was repeating myself without intending to do so
Last edited by citizenJA on Fri 08 Jan, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:Merseysidë police are looking for this man Mike Kellaway in relations to countless thefts of stealing dogs and then sending the owner a picture of himself with the dog demanding a ransom of around £5 to £10 (as seen in this picture) he is a truly sick man he has been known to torture these poor animals just for his own satisfaction and will kill them if the ransom is not met poor chip didn't make it but we can help spread awareness to catch this horrible man and hopefully make sure he doesn't strike again. police are warning people not to approach this man as he is extremely dangerous but to call crime stoppers on 0800 999 999 if anyone has seen this man or knows his whereabouts. he also goes by the street name of big mike
Despicable.
Oh, god, this is too insane.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Reading council's bid to avert biggest budget cut in its history

Deputy leader of Reading Borough Council Tony Page joined a delegation to Westminster to argue against the extra cuts

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local- ... t-10702288
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Grumps ‏@GrahamGrumps 2 hrs2 hours ago

#LauraKuenssberg. There are some #Tory MPs thinking of resigning over EU. Can you track them down and persuade them to do so on air? Thanks.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

George Osborne’s ‘cocktail of threats’ will leave us with a hangover

The chancellor promised 2015 would be the year government
borrowing would hit zero, but we’re facing a noxious economic
brew of his own making

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -borrowing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"...Osborne didn’t talk up these “threats” in last year’s autumn statement. He didn’t raise
them at the summer budget. They were hardly a centrepiece of his election campaign.
Quite the opposite. He’s spent a fair few years now talking up how clever he has been,
and how good everything is going to be. This was a result of his “long-term economic
plan”. But there’s never been a “long-term economic plan”. Just the short-term politics
of austerity. The result is Osborne serving up a rather unpleasant domestic cocktail of
his own making.

If Osborne’s “march of the makers” had ever got out of the parade ground,
this deficit with the rest of the world – our “current account” deficit – might
have been shrunk. Instead, manufacturing exports have slumped and
manufacturing output is decreasing, with manufacturing output still below
its level of seven years ago, before the crash."

- John McDonnell
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Clare Hepworth OBE Retweeted
Angry Striver ‏@ae_parry 25 mins25 minutes ago

@Odbe34 @Hepworthclare

The link [BBC] to make a complaint is down. Too much traffic.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Outraged noise is all very well...I take your points,merely suggest not to take perceived lack of noise as lack of concern/effort,sometimes a quieter way is more effective .I am quiet of nature,I am biased;we each have our own way.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Join Farage in his protest get him to buy you a pint ,wait sufficient time,and share it with him.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... mpts-alarm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UK trade deficit prompts alarm as exports fall
Analysts say narrowing trade gap from £3.5bn to £3.2bn was powered by a big drop in oil imports and UK exports are not improving
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Couple who supplied workers to Sports Direct charged over slavery
Pair arrested as part of investigation into human trafficking and charged with causing another person to perform forced labour

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... are_btn_tw
Ooops.
Maeght
Committee Chair

Post by Maeght »

nickyinnorfolk wrote:Peter Hitchens in the Mail. Hitchens can sometimes be eccentric in his views (for example he regards Cameron, despite all the evidence pointing to him being a dogmatic and far right Thatcherite, as a closet leftist) but here he hits the nail on the head.
The identifiable sycophants of David Cameron in the media are dedicated to attacks on Mr Corbyn, attacks so relentless that you would think there was nothing else to write about, that the economy was fine (rather than poised on a precipice) that the NHS was perfect (rather than in increasingly deep difficulties) and that the Prime Minister’s attempts to escape his EU referendum pledge (a hopeless, illogical tangle) were going well. Not to mention disasters visible to me daily such as the hopeless delay on the electrification of the Great Western mainline, miles behind timetable and mountains of money over budget. Let’s forget HS2 and the Heathrow expansion, or the relentless slither towards a Scottish secession, and the utter failure of all attempts to control our borders.

No, the most important thing in politics turns out to be whether Mike Who swaps jobs with Brenda What, and if Stan Nobody has quit his non-job as deputy minister for Tramways and Fine Arts, in protest at the easing out of Albert Whatsit from his non-job as Shadow Secretary of State for Wind Farms.

Billed for weeks as the ‘revenge reshuffle’, it was supposed to be a sort of Westminster version of the Red Wedding in ‘Game of Thrones’, with the Shadow Cabinet corridor knee-deep in blood and littered with grotesque political corpses and the weltering, obscene figures of the dying, crying ‘treachery!’ and ‘murder!’ What, I wonder, was the source for this fantasy? I don’t think Mr Corbyn talks much to the Parliamentary Lobby, who he rightly recognises are not his friends.

The actual event (in which great crowds of reporters hung about stairwells and lift-shafts trying to find something, anything interesting to write about) involved Jeremy Corbyn boring a few colleagues half to death with conciliatory, polite conversations, and getting rid of a few people from (unpaid, unimportant) jobs because they disagree with him about major policy issues. Well, I never. A party leader who wants allies in his Shadow Cabinet.

Well, I never, a party leader whose authority comes from the old-fashioned left-wing party membership clashing with a new-fashioned left-wing Parliamentary Party whose authority comes from their endorsement by the media and the money men who decide who’s top in politics.

For the first time in my life, this country is actually coming to resemble the Marxist caricature of crude money and power, concentrated in a power elite, versus the disdained people – a caricature that has never hitherto been true at all and which does not prove that the Marxists were right.
This was just sooooo good. Thank you for quoting it.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Oh, would you look at this, Andrew Tyrie, Tory MP for Chichester and chairman of the
Treasury select committee...
"Andrew Tyrie...has redoubled his criticism of the Office for National Statistics (ONS)
for falling behind its international peers and jeopardising policy decisions with poor
quality data.

Tyrie’s committee heard evidence from Sir Charlie Bean, the former Bank of England
deputy governor, as he prepares a report for government into the quality of UK
economics statistics.

Bean told the cross-party group that the nation’s number crunchers “could do better”,
had suffered a loss of expertise when their main office was moved to Newport in Wales
and that a new generation of statisticians should be more pro-active in producing figures
that reflect a rapidly changing economy.

Tyrie was more forthright, reiterating the committee’s long-standing concern that ministers
and Bank of England policymakers were having to work with statistics tarred by poor data
collection and production, or “rubbish in, rubbish out statistics”, as the Conservative MP
put it."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... statistics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(my bold)
"The government has asked Bean to lead a review of the country’s
economic statistics, and he is due to report back around the time
of George Osborne’s budget in March."
Not 'rubbish' at all, Tyrie, I think you're name-calling without evidence
in order to undermine the work of a body trying to do their job.
Sir Andrew Dilnot, UK Statistics Authority, letter to York MP
explaining government's flood defences spending claim

https://www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk/ ... -43643.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's one example of the ONS explaining government procedure.
Much to the embarrassment of Tory government.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Afternoon all.

Hope to be around a bit more again, we seem to have got a fix to the frustrating internet connection problems via a new router. Fingers crossed it'll be more than temporary or I'll blow a gasket.

Am trying to get up to speed with the Kuessenberg story - is the Guardian the best place to get full info or is there a link anywhere else someone can recommend please ?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Bye bye BNP
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... mpts-alarm

Analysts say narrowing trade gap from £3.5bn to £3.2bn was powered by a big drop in oil imports and UK exports are not improving
Of course, it's all connected, current government policy all 'round has put the country and people in the sh**. Austerity from Osborne, JHunt, Smith, Dave, all the rest - decimated local authorities budgets, cutting projects to mitigate flooding and other disasters, departments in charge of UK infrastructure without funds, without staff, NHS trusts and staff starved, social care isn't available, no teachers, no maintenance, no manufacturing, no homes for regular people, no spare rooms, pensions cashed out for survival, of course the UK trade deficit is alarming due to exports fall! No improvement, no kidding! Hey, come on...this won't do for four more years, it really won't.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: It's Sarah Champion. She's definitely one of the MPs that are plugging away at the most important issues and injustices.
Whyever not?
Big row about the candidate for the 2012 by-election - a lot of members said she wasn't "local" and boycotted the selection meeting.

It was one of the few times party HQ overtly intervened in such things in the last parliament, but arguably justifiably so given what came to pass subsequently (and I am convinced they had at least some idea what was going on there, or at least a sense that all was not well)

More detail should be fairly easy to find with a google, I suspect ;)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:Afternoon all.

Hope to be around a bit more again, we seem to have got a fix to the frustrating internet connection problems via a new router. Fingers crossed it'll be more than temporary or I'll blow a gasket.

Am trying to get up to speed with the Kuessenberg story - is the Guardian the best place to get full info or is there a link anywhere else someone can recommend please ?
I'm delighted to read you, yahyah and look forward to your posts.
Apologies, I'm a recipient of information here on the Kuessenberg
BBC story, not good for sources on that topic.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I don't suppose the BBC are reporting it :)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Bonnie Greer ‏@Bonn1eGreer Jan 7 Ile-de-France, France

Reports of #tumbleweed appearing in the streets of #Cardiff as #Osborne outlines his plans for #Wales
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ITV news last night had an interview with the CEO of Bisley Office furniture - he described the EU market as stagnating and the non EU market as dropping away. He felt there had been a distinct lack of support from the government.

ITV news often seems better to me than the BBC these days. Tom Bradby has both more balance and more pzazz for a start.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

yahyah wrote:Afternoon all.

I got the story from here. There's a link to a cached version of the BBC liveblog where it is boasted that Kuenssberg "sealed the deal"
https://alittleecon.wordpress.com/2016/ ... n-doughty/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way, I have no idea how to spell the lovely Laura's name and quite frankly can't be bothered to check. Someone so rude doesn't deserve the courtesy.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Hunt's Cunning Stunt: A Guide
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/roshana ... _hp_ref=uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A must read. Here's a sample ...
... I happened to find their strategy briefing document stuffed behind the ladies loo in Waterloo station cradled by an empty bottle of Lambrini. Weird. See below:

- Attack your doctors: Already working flat out well beyond their hours, ignore the higher than average suicide rate and highest drop out rates since records began. Imply that their 'lack of vocation' and the 'fact they are not prepared to work seven days' is the blockage (Never mind that they already do). Keep repeating 'we need a seven day NHS' as though it doesn't already exist. Ignore the fact that doctors want to improve care across seven days, and can provide many suggestions for how to do so based on what is actually happening in hospitals at 1am on a Sunday night; they are the problem and they are not really there. Keep repeating this. Repeat the lie so much that real patients decide not to go to hospital on weekends, delaying treatment for serious conditions. Look directly into the camera. Repeat 'we need a seven day NHS' without clarifying what on earth you mean.

- Bend the statistics: Use very limited studies done by your mates to claim 'more patients die at weekends'; even though this is not true, repetition again is key. Ignore the fact that actually fewer patients die at weekends and that the most patients die on Wednesdays. Claim 'variations in any care system can be fixed without actually knowing WHY they occur'...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

David Allen Green ‏@DavidAllenGreen 17m17 minutes ago
Breaking: Foreign Office to correct parliamentary record after false description of content of MoJ-Saudi MoU.

Just confirmed by @MoJGovUK

David Allen Green ‏@DavidAllenGreen 14m14 minutes ago
A FCO Minister told MPs that Saudi MoU on judicial cooperation was not an agreement on judicial cooperation. It turns out FCO were wrong...
Plonkers. The exchange between Andy Slaughter and Grayling was surreal.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

ITV news last night had an interview with the CEO of Bisley Office furniture - he described the EU market as stagnating and the non EU market as dropping away. He felt there had been a distinct lack of support from the government.

ITV news often seems better to me than the BBC these days. Tom Bradby has both more balance and more pzazz for a start.
I've had a look in at the comments below the McDonnell article in the G today. Tory supporters are up a tree,
lots of diversion attempts, followed by abuse. Facts speak for themselves - Osborne and the Tory government
have done precisely the wrong things if they wanted good for country and people. I agree with others who've
recently written it's a hard thing reading comments below the line on the Guardian these days. I choose
carefully. Thank you all for your patience and help.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Thought provoking read from Craig Murray. Works around Danczuk, Assange, gender balance in the shadow cabinet and the 'top' jobs and even has a fresh update on Jess Phillips.

And check out the interesting comment BTL - about 4 or 5 down.
Feminism a Neo-Con Tool
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... /#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

nickyinnorfolk wrote:
For the first time in my life, this country is actually coming to resemble the Marxist caricature of crude money and power, concentrated in a power elite, versus the disdained people – a caricature that has never hitherto been true at all and which does not prove that the Marxists were right.
No Peter, that's not a "Marxist caricature" it's one of your pet caricatures of what Marx said and what a Marxist analysis actually is for consumption by the plebs. Meanwhile Marx's surplus value theory, analysis of capitalism's internal contradictions and society in terms of class conflict is 100% "establishment" approved, they just fight the class war from the ruling class perspective.

But you know that of course.
I'm getting tired of calming down....
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Thought provoking read from Craig Murray. Works around Danczuk, Assange, gender balance in the shadow cabinet and the 'top' jobs and even has a fresh update on Jess Phillips.

Feminism a Neo-Con Tool
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... /#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good comment indeed, about him actually arguing against a straw man of feminism.

Murray is a nasty bit of work. Argued with him once about Labour being complicit in vote corruption. He had no evidence at all. But he got beaten in Blackburn by Jack Straw.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Fri 08 Jan, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

His whole schtick is also tedious.

What? You mean when you appointed me an ambassador, it meant I couldn't just say stuff I wanted?

Pseudo-radical, perfect fit for the SNP.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Thought provoking read from Craig Murray. Works around Danczuk, Assange, gender balance in the shadow cabinet and the 'top' jobs and even has a fresh update on Jess Phillips.

Feminism a Neo-Con Tool

Did you mean Rob G's comment ?
'In recent months there’s been a big drive by the Establishment and corporate media to discredit child sex abuse whistleblowers, and one can’t help wonder if Danczuk is a victim of this.'

Danczuk is the victim of one thing only, that is himself and his own behaviour. (that's two things !)
As to the rest of his comment '' there’s been another big VIP child sex abuse scandal brewing over Christmas, with the police refusing to halt their inquiries, despite pressure from on high.

I can’t give any links to back-up what I’m saying here, because no one is reporting it yet. It’ll probably break in the next week or so; that is, if the totally rotten and corrupt police state Britain allows it.
'' that's the sort of post often used by conspiracy theorists. Occasionally they are correct, the law of
averages means every now and again they are.

Can feel a very tiny amount of sympathy for some of Murray's thoughts re Blairites but he loses me at 'an army of feminists'.
Last edited by yahyah on Fri 08 Jan, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... ous_attac/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The decision to put Julian Assange in a cell over ludicrous sexual offence allegations is a politically motivated act that must be resisted. Assange has never been in hiding from the police, and there is no reason at all to believe he would abscond if granted bail.
Yeah no reason at all.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:His whole schtick is also tedious.

What? You mean when you appointed me an ambassador, it meant I couldn't just say stuff I wanted?

Pseudo-radical, perfect fit for the SNP.
Spot on Tubby.