Weekend Edition - Sat.20th.August/Sun.21st.August 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Weekend Edition - Sat.20th.August/Sun.21st.August 2016

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

I'll wade in - I thank people for posts for all sorts of reasons; "thanks" doesn't necessarily equate to "I agree with what you've said". "Thanks" is not (for me, anyway) the same as the old Guardian "recommend" (although some posts I used to recommend because I considered them worthy of attention on account of the thought that went into them and not necessarily because I agreed fully, or even in part, with the sentiment contained in the post).

citizenJA often thanks people, I think, for making the effort to post. Which is an inclusive sort of thing to do.

Edited - typo
Last edited by PorFavor on Sun 21 Aug, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

citizenJA wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:So, to me there is not one Labour Party at the moment and until we try to deal with it then it will fester
This is your opinion. There isn't more than one Labour party now. Asking others to tell you which Labour party they support doesn't make sense.
I know it is my bloody opinion......that is what this is all about and I have explained to you why I think it is the case.

I will repeat again, there is constitutionally one Labour Party, there is at the moment though at least two camps who want different things. They either reconcile or they need to do something to change it......just saying 'there is one Labour Party' is just ignoring the facts as they stand now (in my opinion)

Most things on here are opinion and that is what makes debate interesting

If you don't accept it you don't have to but at the same time it also helps explain why I disagree with you.....

Sheesh.....
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Temulkar wrote:An article Ive done on the leader of the Diggers - William Everard.

http://jemahlevans.wixsite.com/jemahlev ... Revolution" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good story. So much history connected to Reading and yet we learnt little if any about it at school. My g.grandmother was married at St Giles, as was my son. And I have g.g.g. grandparents lived and were buried in Bradfield. And we knew Everards whose garden joined onto ours :)

I mooched around the St Giles churchyard once. It's much reduced in size now. Vaguely recall when looking through their early burial records that someone was executed for being a witch and was buried there? Maddening I can't remember for sure.
I read the early Town council records which were fascinating, but before a certain date they're in Latin and I never mastered more than a few words of that. I only knew enough to be able to [very] roughly translate copyhold deeds.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

The Labour party PLP have, between them, some 9 million votes obtained at the last election, a mandate from Labour voters that puts Corbyn's members mandate a bit in the shadows.
The 170+ in the PLP have worked with Corbyn and know the man personally - one-to-one. Their collective opinion of a person they know and have tried to work with is that he is failing in the job he was elected to do.
Members on the outside know nothing of him personally, other than via mems & idealistic hopes of salvation so often found on FB & twitter.
My opinion - for what its worth - is that I will take the word of those who know him and how he operates (along with written reports of how he has failed) over those who have brilliant photo shop skills.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.

I'll wade in - I thank people for posts for all sorts of reasons; "thanks" doesn't necessarily equate to " "I agree with what you've said". "Thanks" is not (for me, anyway) the same as the old Guardian "recommend" (although some posts I used to recommend because I considered them worthy of attention on account of the thought that went into them and not necessarily because I agreed fully, or even in part, with the sentiment contained in the post).

citizenJA often thanks people, I think, for making the effort to post. Which is an inclusive sort of thing to do.

Thankyou for this PF

Personally, I don't think it is the case as if you look there has been a selective 'liking' recently and that particular post was particularly provocative

But if so, I will leave it at that......and defer to your wisdom :)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
Nobody's ever done that before!
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Tim Montgomerie ن ‏@montie 13h13 hours ago
He nominated him. Traded on his popularity to beat @TessaJowell. And now turns on him. Such an opportunist
Crikey! Some scathing stuff about Khan this morning.

Worth remembering Montgomerie joined in with some of the most odious politicking during the mayorship election, when it suited him to bolster Goldsmiths pathetic campaign.

Twitter is basically full of twats, mostly, it isn't the electorate, it is one vacuous echo chamber for all sides, it doesn't win elections.

Hi Let'sSkip :hug: Hope the garden didn't get battered in the wind and rain.

''Turns on him'', ''Betrayal'' it's all like something out of a mafia movie isn't it ?
<gravelly voice like Marlon Brando's> ''you swore allegiance to Jeremy, now you disrespect him by thinking someone else should lead the family ?''
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Temulkar wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
Temulkar wrote:An article Ive done on the leader of the Diggers - William Everard.

http://jemahlevans.wixsite.com/jemahlev ... Revolution" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"They really were the Sex Pistols of the English Reformation!"
I love your writing, you have such a way of putting things as to make them come alive. This period of history is not one I've had an interest in, but you have changed that.
Thanks
I thought it might be a welcome distraction from Labour's leadership woes. here's another less political but far more tragic, I think. And a womens story rather than a mans which is also important.

http://jemahlevans.wixsite.com/jemahlev ... 612---1684" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another good read, are you going to put these in a book? "Short History's of....." kind of thing?
Would be a great reference book for people new to the period
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

OK. I am going to have to respond.

Corbyn resigned as you wanted.
Members vote on new leader. A New Leader gets elected with majority support from the Members (collective - not member, individual).
PLP get bored of their new plaything a year or two down the line. Have a vote of no confidence. A New Leader resigns.
Members vote on new leader. Another New Leader gets elected with majority support from the Members.
PLP get bored of their new, new plaything a year or two down the line. Have a vote of no confidence. Another New Leader resigns.
Members vote on new leader. A Newer Leader gets elected with majority support from the Members.
PLP get bored of their new, new plaything a year or two down the line...

Good luck to you when that's exactly what you are supporting. "I'm a member, please feel free to pay fuck all attention to anything I think. Here, take my £s. Carry on."
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.

I'll wade in - I thank people for posts for all sorts of reasons; "thanks" doesn't necessarily equate to "I agree with what you've said". "Thanks" is not (for me, anyway) the same as the old Guardian "recommend" (although some posts I used to recommend because I considered them worthy of attention on account of the thought that went into them and not necessarily because I agreed fully, or even in part, with the sentiment contained in the post).

citizenJA often thanks people, I think, for making the effort to post. Which is an inclusive sort of thing to do

Edited - typo
Same here.

I often thank people who have made me see another point of view, or express something I may not agree with but express it well. Or because they've made me laugh.
Sometimes I thank people to show support for them, particularly if they are getting pasted for daring to hold a view, or others are trying to use the weight of their [obviously vast ;)] intellect to subtly try to shut them up.

I thank people who express different opinions too sometimes. What is it they say on Twitter about something not necessarily being an endorsement ?
Last edited by yahyah on Sun 21 Aug, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

ohsocynical wrote:

Good story. So much history connected to Reading and yet we learnt little if any about it at school. My g.grandmother was married at St Giles, as was my son. And I have g.g.g. grandparents lived and were buried in Bradfield. And we knew Everards whose garden joined onto ours :)

I mooched around the St Giles churchyard once. It's much reduced in size now. Vaguely recall when looking through their early burial records that someone was executed for being a witch and was buried there? Maddening I can't remember for sure.
I read the early Town council records which were fascinating, but before a certain date they're in Latin and I never mastered more than a few words of that. I only knew enough to be able to [very] roughly translate copyhold deeds.
Reading was pretty much left like downtown Aleppo after the English Civil War, and completely rebuilt. I cover the siege quite a lot in my book. Only a third of the population remained by 1646, 20% of the houses wer undamaged - still with roofs - the steeples of the three churches were all shot down, the holy brook all filled in and the breweries all burned out. 350 years ago, that brutalised Syrian kid sat in an ambulance, was a berkshire lad in the ruins of his town. Makes you think doesn't it.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

AngryAsWell wrote:The Labour party PLP have, between them, some 9 million votes obtained at the last election, a mandate from Labour voters that puts Corbyn's members mandate a bit in the shadows.
The 170+ in the PLP have worked with Corbyn and know the man personally - one-to-one. Their collective opinion of a person they know and have tried to work with is that he is failing in the job he was elected to do.
Members on the outside know nothing of him personally, other than via mems & idealistic hopes of salvation so often found on FB & twitter.
My opinion - for what its worth - is that I will take the word of those who know him and how he operates (along with written reports of how he has failed) over those who have brilliant photo shop skills.

On the first point, I don't consider the number of voters to be particularly relevant to this argument. MP are elected as representatives of the party, and evidence would suggest that if they stood as independents in the vast majority of cases the official party candidate would win.

Perhaps we could invite open primaries for all seats and the party leadership - now that would be an interesting proposition

For the moment though we are talking about something that is the decision for the electors in theis election...ie the membership, or at least most of them

As to the argument on the MPs - that is a fair one and one that should be considered. All I would say from my own involvement in politics that these types of votes take on a life of their own.

The 170 MPs would have expected Corbyn to lose so how many jumped on a bandwagon?
What 'persuasion' has been used? We here a lot from the media on supposed 'bullying' from Corbyn but I have also heard, anecdotally, that there was more going on from the other side to get the numbers up - especialyl those who weren't really bothered

In the end if that is your reasoning for voting against him then who can argue against it....
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:The Labour party PLP have, between them, some 9 million votes obtained at the last election, a mandate from Labour voters that puts Corbyn's members mandate a bit in the shadows.
Hear! Hear!
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

PorFavor wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:
Nobody's ever done that before!

Don't be so modest!
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Good to hear you in full voice JA.
Have been worried about you lately.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Okay. YahYah, PK, Angryaswell. CJA. You win. I'll leave the site. I'm sick to death of your sanctimonious, spiteful, snide remarks. I've tried blocking you but I can't stomach you any longer.

If the future of Labour depends on voters such as yourself you're welcome to it. And God help the country.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Edited down to one phrase

Sometimes I thank people to show support for them, particularly if they are getting pasted for daring to hold a view, or others are trying to use the weight of their [obviously vast ;)] intellect to subtly try to shut them up./quote]

Pathetic!

Who gets pasted for holding a view?

It is all this playing to the 'oh poor me' from certain posters

I am continually challenged to explain why I think what I do and happy to respond. I, an others, have no greater right to be correct.

People being challenged is not 'being pasted'? If they want to have an opinion then they need to be prepared that someone may disagree.

Oh, and on the original subject I am still waiting for pk1 to explain what posts they were referring to?
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

ohsocynical wrote:Okay. YahYah, PK, Angryaswell. CJA. You win. I'll leave the site. I'm sick to death of your sanctimonious, spiteful, snide remarks. I've tried blocking you but I can't stomach you any longer.

If the future of Labour depends on voters such as yourself you're welcome to it. And God help the country.
That would be a shame, Ohso. Can't you just tune out or ignore posts you find offensive? After 33 years teaching in inner city secondary schools, I'm immune to critical comments and irritating people. In truth, I think everyone who posts on this site has something to say, even the tinkers who are trying to stir things up.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

55DegreesNorth wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Okay. YahYah, PK, Angryaswell. CJA. You win. I'll leave the site. I'm sick to death of your sanctimonious, spiteful, snide remarks. I've tried blocking you but I can't stomach you any longer.

That would be a shame, Ohso. Can't you just tune out or ignore posts you find offensive? After 33 years teaching in inner city secondary schools, I'm immune to critical comments and irritating people. In truth, I think everyone who posts on this site has something to say, even the tinkers who are trying to stir things up.
Hear! Hear!
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

howsillyofme1 wrote:I don't think Anatoly was off the mark, reading the article

From the 'original' source

A third of Labour voters said they did not know where the party stood on the referendum just a week before polling day
Did they look? It was fairly easy to find Corbyn was campaigning on remain - never noticed anything from Johnson though.
Since some of the Labour MP's were actually for leave, this may also have caused some confusion
Knowing Corbyn was euroskeptic (as am I) actually gave his words for remain MORE weight for people watching him speak - as he was the only politician trusted to give an accurate answer to reasons to stay in the EU without adding spin, and things like the rights that we get from the EU were also things I used when campaigning for remain.
My Labour MP was also remain, and the local labour activists were out on the streets a lot (my area voted remain) Why is Corbyn getting slammed when the Labour leave MP's don't get mentioned by the PLP.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

Non political post.
A very mixed year in the garden. Brassicas almost completely destroyed by pests, but beets thriving. Great crops of courgette, radish, spring onions, mange tout and the best tomato crop ever. Lettuce almost all bolted for some reason. Apples and plums looking great, a bunch of sweet peas every day and dahlias I'd stop people in the street to show them, but zinnias and sunflowers were crap. Gardening, cycling and hillwalking are the therapies I need to get over British politics and the shenanigans at St James's Park.
JustMom
Committee Member

Post by JustMom »

I hope you don't leave ohso,you would be much missed,by me at least.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

JustMom wrote:

I love Ohso and would miss her too.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

ohsocynical wrote:The Government launched this scheme declaredly to help people save the large exchange deposit required to buy a home.
"But what unsuspecting first-time buyers are now horrified to discover is that under the scheme rules they cannot use the bonus as part of this deposit."

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/co ... uy-scandal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, ohso, I'd better show my lads that, they've taken out such ISAs.

Shall be dipping in and out, am in the midst of decluttering. I say decluttering but there's an element of replacing too, which just adds to the mess. Anyway just logged in for above response but have got other open tabs from preceding links so thanks for the earlier discussions too, notably the EU implications. I agree that most fallout shall be the resultant reduction of joint research, projects and investment ultimately leading to lesser employment and opportunity. As suggested before many of those affected shall be none the wiser and possibly voted for exit.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Re: Weekend Edition - Sat.20th.August/Sun21st.August 2016

Post by yahyah »

What's got OhSo's upset ? I've just seen her quote in 55's post, not the original because I don't bother with them anymore because all she seems to post is 'anti-Smith smears or opinions.

Fed up because this isn't an echo chamber ?

If people trounce out, it is their responsibility.

Spite comes in all forms - constantly posting rubbish about a potential future Labour leader, or calling them a snivelling sack of shit are other examples.
Last edited by yahyah on Sun 21 Aug, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

yahyah wrote:What's got OhSo's upset ? I've just seen her quote in 55's post, not the original because I don't bother with them anymore because all she seems to post is 'anti-Smith smears or opinions.

And all you do is post anti-Corbyn opinions or smears

And I agree with her about some of the snidey comments and posts

Nothing on anything of substance just bemoaning how awful everyone is on here, and how wonderful posters are who agree with you and how nasty all those who support Corbyn are

but then perhaps you just don't see it
JustMom
Committee Member

Post by JustMom »

Ohso has not written any so called ant smith posts,unless they were directed at her.
What I have seen is a determined bullying by yahyah pk and angry.
All these so called corbynista bullying is rubbish,I have seen nothing but politeness by most posters,then the aggressive posting by the above trio.
Don't bither doing the same to me,I'm off also.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

yahyah wrote:What's got OhSo's upset ? I've just seen her quote in 55's post, not the original because I don't bother with them anymore because all she seems to post is 'anti-Smith smears or opinions.

Fed up because this isn't an echo chamber ?

If people trounce out, it is their responsibility.

Spite comes in all forms - constantly posting rubbish about a potential future Labour leader, or calling them a snivelling sack of shit are other examples.

need I say more

from someone who was going on about leaving the board and finding another where 'her friends' could go and post instead of on here
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

citizenJA wrote:
JustMom wrote:

How sad that she now puts you in the enemy camp with all us horrible people. Most bizarre.
Just because you have your own views about Corbyn and the future of the party.

You are one of the sweetest, most generous people I've ever come across on the festering sewer that is the internet. If OhSo can't see that, then it is very sad.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

yahyah wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
JustMom wrote:

How sad that she now puts you in the enemy camp. Most bizarre.
Just because you have your own views about Corbyn and the future of the party.

You are one of the sweetest, most generous people I've ever come across on the festering sewer that is the internet.

you mean because they agree with you on Corbyn and the future of the party?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Did you not see OhSo called Smith a lying snivelling sack of shit Just Mom ?
Or how she deliberately sabotaged Owen Smith's thread before Refitman deleted her posts there ?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

JustMom wrote:Ohso has not written any so called ant smith posts,unless they were directed at her.
All these so called corbynista bullying is rubbish,I have seen nothing but politeness by most posters,then the aggressive posting by the above trio.

Bullying ? Seriously ?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

JustMom wrote:Ohso has not written any so called ant smith posts,unless they were directed at her.
Could you please point to a single aggressive post I have made?
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

and how many posters have left here because of you yahyah....ever given thought to that?

But you wouldn't would you.....
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

55DegreesNorth wrote:

Which 'tinkers' are those ? ;) People you disagree with by any chance.?
Who is a 'tinker' will depend on how you see things.
One person's freedom fighter is another's terrorist.

But hats off to you - a lifetime in teaching deserves respect.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Crikey. This is like being on a tech board during the worst days of Windows versus Mac.

Delete all that are applicable:
Micro$oft blows.
I hate Apple Crapintoshes.
Open(ly) Sucks.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

AngryAsWell wrote:
Could you please point to a single aggressive post I have made?
Not agreeing is an act of bullying and aggression apparently.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

JonnyT1234 wrote:Crikey. This is like being on a tech board during the worst days of Windows versus Mac.

Micro$oft blows.
Open(ly) Sucks.
You ought to be doing stand up - your posts the other day really made me laugh, and the speed of your response razor sharp. Radio 4 comedy could do with you writing a show.
Have you ever thought of it.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

yahyah wrote:
JonnyT1234 wrote:Crikey. This is like being on a tech board during the worst days of Windows versus Mac.

Micro$oft blows.
Open(ly) Sucks.
You ought to be doing stand up - your posts the other day really made me laugh, and the speed of your response razor sharp. Radio 4 comedy could do with you writing a show.

so why are you carrying on doing it then.....?

Start posting substantial posts rather than all this random nonsense focused on other posters rather than your own opinions

I have seen pretty much nothing relevant to 'Daily Politics' from you today......
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

yahyah wrote:

Micro$oft blows.
Open(ly) Sucks.
I know my jokes are terrible but... Oh god, are they that terrible?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

55DegreesNorth wrote:Non political post.
A very mixed year in the garden. Brassicas almost completely destroyed by pests, but beets thriving. Great crops of courgette, radish, spring onions, mange tout and the best tomato crop ever. Lettuce almost all bolted for some reason. Apples and plums looking great, a bunch of sweet peas every day and dahlias I'd stop people in the street to show them, but zinnias and sunflowers were crap. Gardening, cycling and hillwalking are the therapies I need to get over British politics and the shenanigans at St James's Park.

Am envious, glad you've had some good results to balance the poor.

I tried courgettes, just a couple of plants. Have had one four inch courgetter - the rest eaten by slugs and pooped on by bats.

My eight cavolo nero plants are now beautiful pieces of lace, eaten by something.
Sweet peas and cosmos very late because of the bad weather.

We had two hours of hill walking this morning - came back feeling calm and sanguine and wind blown.
That didn't last long after logging on !
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
yahyah wrote:

Micro$oft blows.
Open(ly) Sucks.

Sorry, I realise suggesting Radio 4 comedy is to damn you with faint praise !
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
yahyah wrote:

Micro$oft blows.
Open(ly) Sucks.
Must admit the recent "new" comedy 6:30 slot is abysmal - all of them, one by 2 women another by some blokes with public school boy humour and the one based in Hull.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Wow, so those of us not wanting Corbyn as leader of our party are bullies now are we ? That's a new one on me. Never in all my 56 years have I been accused of bullying before ! As for painting CJA as a bully - give your head a wobble !
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Weeping.

PS. I know someone who knows someone who knows Kevin Bacon who knows someone who writes 'comedy' for BBC Radio 4. I'll leave that line of work to them seeing how close a friend they are to me.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Anything by Liz Truss [not the Tory] is awful too.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

yahyah wrote:Anything by Liz Truss [not the Tory] is awful too.
A very redundant [not the Tory] there.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

lovely isn't it

People are leaving the board, and ohso is not the first, due to certain people. I wouldn't as I think there is an argument to be had

No all happy together slapping each other on the back and declaring others are wrong to call them bullies.....and seeming to base it all on opposing Corbyn

There are plenty on here who do not support, or support reluctantly, Corbyn

I wouldn't call you bullies, I would be far less polite

Instead of all this irrelevant nonsense you like to post and snidey comments, perhaps you can start discussing things of substance - something that is severely lacking in your posts

It is not often that I would like to see Spinning Hugo come along but his contribution would be far more value adding

All pk1 has done is come along on one of her infrequent visits, tell us the board is full of crap without actually saying anything of interest
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Maybe two threads tomorrow ?

''Corbyn is wonderful'' and ''Red Tory traitors, bullies and running dogs post here''

Only joking.

Husband wants attention now. He thinks I'm mad to interact with people about politics on the net.
He may be right.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

JonnyT1234 wrote:Weeping.

PS. I know someone who knows someone who knows Kevin Bacon who knows someone who writes 'comedy' for BBC Radio 4. I'll leave that line of work to them seeing how close a friend they are to me.
I hope you have told someone, who knows someone, whoknows Kevin Bacon, who knows someone who writes comedy for BBC that my book is fucking hilarious!!

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.