Tuesday 13th September 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
extankie
Backbencher

Re: Tuesday 13th September 2016

Post by extankie »

HindleA wrote:I am a total tea-a-holic,gallons of the stuff.
got to go with coffee, drank far too much military "tea" in the 70`s..ruined it for me....:)
go with the cake though...or bisskits:) (shared with dog)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Weird how sound travels,the church bells striking every quarter sound nowhere near where near where it actually is
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Have to avoid buying biscuits,I demolish packets at a time,having no dog to share them with.
extankie
Backbencher

Post by extankie »

HindleA wrote:Have to avoid buying biscuits,I demolish packets at a time,having no dog to share them with.
My dog says no problem, you can share any you get with him. :)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Or should I say large boxes of "broken" biscuits,which are far cheaper and quicker to eat,not having to open packets.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

What is his name?
extankie
Backbencher

Post by extankie »

HindleA wrote:What is his name?

Aiko..apparantly means "little one"..he`s 10.5 stone....
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Bloody hell,heavier than me.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ory-values" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Priti Patel plans foreign aid overhaul based on 'core Tory values'

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... committee/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... tee-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HS2 project's costs and timetable in urgent need of clarity, MPs warn
Parliament and public ‘still in the dark’ about high-speed rail project’s future, public accounts committee report says

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... hed-16-17/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Government has promised significant benefits to taxpayers in return for their investment in HS2, expected to run to more than £55 billion.

Despite this, Parliament and the public are still in the dark about crucial details – not least when the railway will open, how much it is expected to cost and precisely where it will go.

The announcement at the weekend that HS2 Ltd chief executive Simon Kirby is leaving the company adds to the uncertainty enveloping a project on which strong and stable leadership is vital.

Lack of clarity over plans for HS2 in South Yorkshire highlights what is at stake for communities and local economies, and why government must explain its intentions and the basis for its decisions in a transparent manner.

The public must be confident the grand vision for HS2 does not blind the Government to the finer points which have implications for many people’s lives now and in the decades to come.

Similarly, local authorities must know central government’s intentions to ensure they can plan effectively for regeneration and maximise the potential for growth near HS2 stations.

The Government is due to announce its decision on the 2b route this autumn and we urge it to seize this opportunity to address the concerns set out in our Report."
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37350750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Care workers sue council contractor in minimum wage battle