Wednesday 14th September 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 14th September 2016

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Welcome to page 2 PorFavor.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Nicola Sturgeon: Independence means Scots can avoid the UK's Brexit 'lost decade'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09 ... uks-brexi/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Am expecting Wales and Cornwall to join in shortly.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 90526.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The former Chancellor Ken Clarke has said he will continue to fight Brexit, insisting the EU referendum is "not binding".

The long-standing Conservative MP said Europhilic politicians should vote and speak in the parliament according to their judgment of the "national interest and the interest of their constituents".
I saw that story in the G last night, has anyone seen a link to the whole email?
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-evening, everyone.
No, gilsey, I've not seen the entire e-mail.
I'm catching up.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07v0fvc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to File on Four

"Homes not hospitals"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1504071 ... asking-for" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Labour Press
Labour writes to National Audit Office asking for an investigation into Concentrix and its contract with HMRC.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

gilsey wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 90526.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The former Chancellor Ken Clarke has said he will continue to fight Brexit, insisting the EU referendum is "not binding".

The long-standing Conservative MP said Europhilic politicians should vote and speak in the parliament according to their judgment of the "national interest and the interest of their constituents".
I saw that story in the G last night, has anyone seen a link to the whole email?
In an email leaked to the Guardian, the Conservative grandee bemoaned the fact that most politicians “paid lip service to the supposedly democratic nature of the exercise”.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ot-binding" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's the closest I've got.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 04081.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nigel Farage says promises made by Brexit campaigners were ‘mildly irresponsible’

Of the 350 million quid a week on the NHS pledge, Labour MP Gisela Stuart said “No, the NHS was the example of that if you’re spending that amounts of money and you don’t have control of what to do with it, I would spend it on the NHS.”
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Mildly?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Yes. In the sense that rampant climate change is "mildly" alarming.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://linkis.com/www.mirror.co.uk/new/cRIcc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bungling Defence Minister's "ludicrous" claim of "more ships and planes than ever" utterly demolished
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

JonnyT1234 wrote:[Actually wishing I was striking an ice berg right now. Can't believe I'm actually wanting for summer to up sticks and bugger off for once]
Don't complain. The weather forecast for here for yesterday and today was no rain, sunny, temperatures in the high 20s.

What we got was rain and cloud yesterday, rain this morning, overcast most of the day and a thunderstorm around 4pm followed by thick cloud. Though for a while it was the second or third day this "summer" you could sit outside without feeling chilly. It's amazing how much difference there can be in weather and micro-climate over a distance as short as a hundred miles or so.
I'm getting tired of calming down....
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

My house is exhaling heat....
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TR'sGhost wrote:
JonnyT1234 wrote:[Actually wishing I was striking an ice berg right now. Can't believe I'm actually wanting for summer to up sticks and bugger off for once]
Don't complain. The weather forecast for here for yesterday and today was no rain, sunny, temperatures in the high 20s.

What we got was rain and cloud yesterday, rain this morning, overcast most of the day and a thunderstorm around 4pm followed by thick cloud. Though for a while it was the second or third day this "summer" you could sit outside without feeling chilly. It's amazing how much difference there can be in weather and micro-climate over a distance as short as a hundred miles or so.
Unprecedented atmospheric behavior disrupts one of Earth's most regular climate cycles
A team of scientists has discovered an unexpected disruption in one of the most repeatable atmospheric patterns
September 8, 2016

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 151118.htm
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
JonnyT1234 wrote:
Shailesh Vara, the Conservative, asks about a forthcoming report from Louise Casey about political correctness threatening traditions like Christmas. He says minority communities should respect mainstream traditions.
PLB

Quick dip of toes into the [freezing but lovely, cooling, refreshing... sidetracking] waters in a moment of work respite...

Someone please tell me that the 'report' quoted above is a joke one? And a ridiculous joke one?
Of course it is, its Louise Casey :twisted:

Let's not forget, a favourite of the last Labour government too - and again because she could be relied on to tell them what they wanted to hear.
The War on Christmas has been a concern amongst the more reactionary and, frankly, often racist end of the right since the 1950s it seems.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/War_on_Christmas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm getting tired of calming down....
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

citizenJA wrote:
TR'sGhost wrote:

Unprecedented atmospheric behavior disrupts one of Earth's most regular climate cycles
A team of scientists has discovered an unexpected disruption in one of the most repeatable atmospheric patterns
September 8, 2016

Well that's depressing:
Since the QBO has a strong influence on the North Atlantic Oscillation and thereby north European weather, scientists speculate that the coming winter could be warmer and stormier in that region.(Matson 2016, Newman et al. 2016, Osprey 2016)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

55DegreesNorth wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
September 8, 2016

Well that's depressing:
Since the QBO has a strong influence on the North Atlantic Oscillation and thereby north European weather, scientists speculate that the coming winter could be warmer and stormier in that region.(Matson 2016, Newman et al. 2016, Osprey 2016)
I'm sorry.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Times reporting that there will be an inquiry into Orgreave.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

AK's list of Bitterite traitors released today

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They'll all get behind the leader come his re-election, eh?

A farce. A nasty farce.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

SpinningHugo wrote:AK's list of Bitterite traitors released today

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A farce. A nasty farce.
Yes you are aren't you...
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

SpinningHugo wrote:AK's list of Bitterite traitors released today

A farce. A nasty farce.
Hugo, I am a Green. I make no bones about it. You appear to despise Greens. Your mistake imo - climate change is real and if we don't address it in the immediate future, it will be too late. I am also someone who has on many occasions voted Labour in the past. Broadly speaking I can't see myself voting Labour in future due to the shift to the right under Blair. Of course there are always exceptions, I voted for a local labour candidate last May due to the fact I know him well, he's very much on the left, and totally gets the concerns over Climate Change.

For the main part though, I can't imagine myself voting Labour. Why vote for watered down Tory policies? Although that is what you seem to want. I don't wish to be rude but how in hell do you consider yourself 'on the left'? It seems to me you support Tory free market ideology but occasionally get concerned about what that says about your lack of empathy for others. Maybe you have an embryonic conscience of some description?
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
extankie
Backbencher

Post by extankie »

deleted:)
extankie
Backbencher

Post by extankie »

SpinningHugo wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:We may have a lot of differences on this board, mainly around the current leadership battle

What used to bring us together though was contempt of the values of the Tory party and an understanding that the Labour Party needed to review its positioning to stop being dragged to the right by contined triangulation

Miliband was pretty well respected on here, with an understanding that he had faults but was trying to move in the right direction for us, albeit slowly. Also there was a lot of agreement that the policy framework that was being offered by the right (or 'Blairite') wing of the party was leading nowhere and had cost the party millions of votes.

A repositioning was due and it is this wing of the party that I blame for the problemks we see now. If you oppose Corbyn then it was their actions that caused him to be elected in the fiorst place, if you support him then their policies are unacceptable

The 'Blairite' description is a lazy one though to be honest as Blair has changed his positioning over time and a 1994 Blair is very different to a 2016 Blair

There is one poster on here though who actually sits far to the right of the rest of us...describing themselves as Labour but doesn't seem to have many values and beliefs I equate with Labour and who revels in causing disruption and conflict on here

Days when this person doesn't post are so much more calm but at the moment they enjoy exploiting the differences in the leadership battle, when at the end they don't care.

So then Hugo, I would hope you go back to posting your anti-Labour diatribes on CiF under one of your many names.....you have won to a certain extent as you have caused many to leave this board or be infrequent visitors

The post above is an example of that....a assertion of facts where there are none and also a lack of intellectual capability to cope with the ambiguity of the evidence and data
Fine. Being called a Tory is par for this course.

But which evidence and data am I not engaging with?

indeed there seems to me to be only one poster here who has posted any links to any actual evidence or data at all. Optimistic wishful thinking not actually constituting data.

Links to your own (biased) blog do not count as "evidence" or even "data" ....just your own opinion
"optimistic wishful thinking" seems to be your M.O. And I don`t care if you ARE a lawyer. Spinning indeed.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Tizme1

No. I don;t despise Greens. And no, nobody rational denies climate change, I certainly don't.

As for why bother compromising in politics: because it is required to win. Green voters are temperamentally not compromisers.

extankie

If you look, you'll see higher up the threads that the links I posted were not to my blog (I only write about law really). As it stood at the end of the day, I was the only one who posted any evidence about votes per seat etc.