Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th September 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th September 2016

Post by PorFavor »

I'd been refreshing Page 2 for some time. Nobody told me . . .
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote: I'm In two minds on this - on the one hand it is the biggest issue we face but on the other conference only lasts a few days and the combined brilliance of the Three Stooges haven't yet come up with any answers so it might be wise to leave it.

having said that, they do need to sort out their immigration policy which is in all kinds of mess right now.
Isn't Labour supposed to be a political party? Isntbthis the biggest current pitical issue by far?

I supposecLaboyrs position doesn't matter in practice, but this is a joke.
So what would be the point of trying to work out what Brexit means when the government don't seem to have the slightest clue?

I'm all for discussing policies but this would be an utter waste of time - let's wait for the government to come up with some firm proposals.
Surprised there hasn't been more debate on here about May letting Cameron down over the EU referendum, but then I remembered that Brexit was all Corbyn's fault
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote: I'm In two minds on this - on the one hand it is the biggest issue we face but on the other conference only lasts a few days and the combined brilliance of the Three Stooges haven't yet come up with any answers so it might be wise to leave it.

having said that, they do need to sort out their immigration policy which is in all kinds of mess right now.
Isn't Labour supposed to be a political party? Isntbthis the biggest current pitical issue by far?

So what would be the point of trying to work out what Brexit means when the government don't seem to have the slightest clue?

I'm all for discussing policies but this would be an utter waste of time - let's wait for the government to come up with some firm proposals.

To have a debatebon Labours position.

Should there be a 2nd referendum once terms known?

Should there be restrictions on free movement, or should we stay in the single market?

You know, the hard stuff, and not platitudes about how Labour supports retention of workers rights and environmental protection.

I'd want it made clear that the position of Umynna, Reeves and Reynolds does not represent party policy.
Last edited by SpinningHugo on Sun 25 Sep, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

danesclose wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote: Isn't Labour supposed to be a political party? Isntbthis the biggest current pitical issue by far?

Surprised there hasn't been more debate on here about May letting Cameron down over the EU referendum, but then I remembered that Brexit was all Corbyn's fault
Not a story as already well known.

The stuff about Johnson (who is an astonishing chsncer) is more interesting. That May made this person foreign sec is very surprising.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

To my mind Labour is avoiding talking anything that might mean they have to come out against a xenophobic, little england, populist mindset. It seems they would rather be in power doing the things they should oppose rather than have someone else in power doing them.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

HindleA wrote:As a matter of interest why is a post from the disablist detritus of humanity infecting the forum?I have no idea if his a Tory,what he is a cowardly bullying bastard,and irredeemably thick with it.
Because we are too tolerant? Because we have now become split and weaker for it? As may have been the intention. Not without assistance mind.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

danesclose wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote: Isn't Labour supposed to be a political party? Isntbthis the biggest current pitical issue by far?

Actually I have made quite a bit of comment on the Brexit situation over the last three months. And continue to do so.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

it's like living in the middle of lord of the flies.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

SpinningHugo wrote:
danesclose wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote: So what would be the point of trying to work out what Brexit means when the government don't seem to have the slightest clue?

The stuff about Johnson (who is an astonishing chsncer) is more interesting. That May made this person foreign sec is very surprising.
Corbyn's alleged "lukewarm" feelings about the EU are well known, yet that hasn't stopped people on here banging on about it, so please don't give me that nonsense about May.
Regarding Johnson, the fact that he's that twisted is even more well known, so less of a story
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

DC - am guessing you don't mean to do this, but would appreciate not being tarred with same brush. Contributing to a forum does not mean one agrees with all posters on it (and nor should it)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

John McDonnell was completely wrong to call Esther McVey a"stain of humanity". She is, in fact, a "stain on humanity".
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

My eyesight's getting worse. He (J O'D) said "stain of inhumanity".
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Disablist arseholes are disablist arseholes,zero to do with tolerance or not of political difference,I call it out wherever it rears its ugly head it is not predicated on what wing you are or claim to to be that poster targets by anonymity and encourages others to to enjoin.Lowlife.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

where have all the posters gone
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

long time passing
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:long time passing
:rock:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I don't have words, sometimes.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

Ooh, Are we playing Chinese whispers?
If so, McDonnell said a 'Strain of inhumanity',
(pass it on...)
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Perhaps Labour don't want to discuss Brexit because they've just wasted 2 months being completely distracted by an idiotic leadership contest for no good reason and, consequently, haven't had a chance to even begin to think about what they should be doing.
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

danesclose wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
danesclose wrote: Surprised there hasn't been more debate on here about May letting Cameron down over the EU referendum, but then I remembered that Brexit was all Corbyn's fault

Corbyn's alleged "lukewarm" feelings about the EU are well known, yet that hasn't stopped people on here banging on about it, so please don't give me that nonsense about May.
Regarding Johnson, the fact that he's that twisted is even more well known, so less of a story
As how Corbyn has voted on every EU treaty since 1975 is a matter of public record, there is no alleged about it.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... ource-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hollywood has faced criticism from some fans of the show for remaining with Bake Off as it moves to Channel 4. A friend told the Sunday Mirror that the baker said his loyalty was to the show, not the broadcaster. “His heart belongs in that tent, and the show lets him work with ordinary people who share his love of baking,” they said.
If he looked hard enough he might find some "ordinary people" outside of "that tent".

Good lord, the patrony (if that's a word).
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... llel-lives" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Immigrants must not lead 'parallel lives' in UK, says Chuka Umunna
As Owen Jones put it "a Cornish farmer, a London supermarket worker, a Manchester business owner and a Northumberland ex-miner" all lead "parallel lives". What is the man (umnna) on about?

(trying to repress unfunny jokes about Blondie/DH)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 28721.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brexit negotiations "mind bogglingly" complex
and here was me thinking it would be a "doddle"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Disabled family forced to sleep on sofas for years as authorities can't get them house they need

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 74286.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Johnson also aired his views on when the UK should leave the EU, despite No 10 sources making clear last week that this was a decision for May alone.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rr-lansley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Did I miss the bit where we went back to the divine right of kings/queens and Theresa May was crowned the new Brenda?