Thursday 13th October 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Re: Thursday 13th October 2016

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Is that what the ferret is for?

NB. You can't poach what has already gone. So it's fair enough.
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

George Orwell - ''Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear''.
SH may want to have that printed on a t-shirt.
Last edited by yahyah on Thu 13 Oct, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Am off sick and reading this by mistake. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 102014.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
got it off 't internet. seems like a lot of work
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

It really is like Lord of the ####ing Flies.

Either way the choice was terrible.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Donald Tusk tells the UK: It's hard Brexit or no Brexit - City A.M.
https://apple.news/A9mprlopoOkqmnJivJV2QpA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Falling all over themselves to give us a better deal than we already have.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Not sure we got very far with question 1 or indeed 2. But there you go.
Question 3 beckons - and tomorrow we will be addressing:
3. Of the options it is still considering, would any involve the European Commission continuing to police and enforce the UK’s compliance with Single Market regulations? I will try to uncover something relevant.

Seeing Clearly - you're encouraged to offer your thoughts.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Regarding the trade deals question - I've unearthed this:
https://www.theguardian.com/small-busin ... rade-deals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the run up to the EU referendum we ask a panel of experts to answer your questions on how the vote could affect small businesses. This week they consider the impact on imports and exports: Europe accounts for half of the UK’s exports.

If we leave the EU, how might that change our trade with Europe and worldwide?
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Not sure we got very far with question 1 or indeed 2. But there you go.
Not to worry. Neither has the government.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Perhaps we'd be better off generating our own list of 170 questions - one per day (including a retrospective one for yesterday).

1. Can the govnt confirm that under any Brexit scenario, the people of Britain will still be able to access that vital source of vitamin B12 (particularly to vegetarians) that is Marmite.
2. Has the government considered testing all of its citizens to produce a map of the genetic distribution of non-post-glacial-neolithic "British" genes across the country. As per the example of https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... ite-brits/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which revealed a west African gene in a bunch of (very surprised) white yorkshiremen back in 2007.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Perhaps we'd be better off generating our own list of 170 questions - one per day (including a retrospective one for yesterday).

1. Can the govnt confirm that under any Brexit scenario, the people of Britain will still be able to access that vital source of vitamin B12 (particularly to vegetarians) that is Marmite.
2. Has the government considered testing all of its citizens to produce a map of the genetic distribution of non-post-glacial-neolithic "British" genes across the country. As per the example of https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... ite-brits/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which revealed a west African gene in a bunch of (very surprised) white yorkshiremen back in 2007.

The Marmite 'Mergency is now over, I hear on the news. I also heard the bloke from "Next" (sorry - can't remember his name )talking a load of twaddle about our prospects under "Brexit". It was like listening to David Davis. (Yes, it made that much sense.)
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Perhaps we'd be better off generating our own list of 170 questions.
Questions for the government.

1. Why?
2. Seriously, why?
3. Really?
4. How?
5. Why? (with a different intonation to 1)
6. When?
7. Why?
[.../continued on Page 71]
I still believe in a town called Hope
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

@tinyclanger2
Before I forget - I know I've benefited from your posts about Oxford and Cambridge attendance and perpetuation of inequality. Over the course a year or more, I've thought of your work while researching on my own though I may not have been consciously aware I was doing so. I realised after reading your post this morning I've greater understanding than I had before I gave it thought. Thank you. Apologies - I've not written this well. I didn't want to forget and not post it. It's an example of how valuable our exchanges are to me.

I'm very tired at the moment. I like my spouse to come home to an organised environment after his work day. I've worked harder than usual.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

adam wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:Perhaps we'd be better off generating our own list of 170 questions.
Questions for the government.

1. Why?
2. Seriously, why?
3. Really?
4. How?
5. Why? (with a different intonation to 1)
6. When?
7. Why?
[.../continued on Page 71]
8. Which one of you Tory bastards gets the invoice for this boondoggle?
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

citizenJA wrote:8. Which one of you Tory bastards gets the invoice for this boondoggle?
http://whatdoesborisowe.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe they should add another £66 billion to that...
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:Perhaps we'd be better off generating our own list of 170 questions - one per day (including a retrospective one for yesterday).

The Marmite 'Mergency is now over, I hear on the news. I also heard the bloke from "Next" (sorry - can't remember his name )talking a load of twaddle about our prospects under "Brexit". It was like listening to David Davis. (Yes, it made that much sense.)
I've waded into the morass that is below the line at the other place.

We've all got to remember an essential thing. Food doesn't grow in grocery stores. I include myself in that reminder because I'm
human living in an urban environment. My environment isn't separate from me, what skills it takes to live in an urban environment
are different from skills required living a different way, in different places. My thinking is conditioned by my daily routine. Happens
to everyone. A self-sustaining community takes all kinds of work, years of informed planning, avoiding starving to death prior the spuds harvest,
for example.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:8. Which one of you Tory bastards gets the invoice for this boondoggle?
http://whatdoesborisowe.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe they should add another £66 billion to that...
At 66 billion a year it's just over 2 grand a second. Maybe the Telegraph will take him back.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://consult.justice.gov.uk/digital- ... ibunal-es/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Proposal on the provision of court and tribunal estate in England and Wales

Having considered carefully all responses to the consultation, we have made a decision to close 86 court and tribunals and retain 5. 64 sites will close as proposed in the consultation, with a further 22 closures taking place but with changes to the original proposals
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 59071.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Scottish Government will publish draft legislation on holding a second independence referendum next week, Nicola Sturgeon has said.
Oh god, not again.

Inevitable, but I can't stand it all over again. More hideous divisive shite for years. Brilliant.
Constitutional matters are reserved to Westminster, so she can't hold a meaningful referendum. In fact, the Presiding Officer should rule any such legislation incompetent.

Worst thing to happen was the rebranding of the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Executive as the Scottish Government - it isn't.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Thanks EWL. Am getting to the end of my tether. Constant division. And thus we are ruled.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

HindleA wrote:https://consult.justice.gov.uk/digital- ... ibunal-es/

Having considered carefully all responses to the consultation, we have made a decision to close 86 court and tribunals and retain 5. 64 sites will close as proposed in the consultation, with a further 22 closures taking place but with changes to the original proposals
Christ. If I understand the words at the link correctly they are going to replace a justice providing infrastructure with a website?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Thanks EWL. Am getting to the end of my tether. Constant division. And thus we are ruled.

I wonder how that mate of Alec Salmond is? What was his name? Developed golf courses in Scotland, or something. Donald somebody.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PorFavor wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:Thanks EWL. Am getting to the end of my tether. Constant division. And thus we are ruled.

I wonder how that mate of Alec Salmond is? What was his name? Developed golf courses in Scotland, or something. Donald somebody.
Precisement.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
HindleA wrote:https://consult.justice.gov.uk/digital- ... ibunal-es/

Christ. If I understand the words at the link correctly they are going to replace a justice providing infrastructure with a website?
Closing courts - now that's a novel way to save money without causing problems:
Solemn cases at Dundee Sheriff Court are being delayed as a result of the closures of neighbouring sheriff courts, The Courier reports.
Figures show that after Arbroath and Cupar courts closed in 2014, and business transferred to Dundee and Forfar, 21 per cent of solemn cases were delayed – up from five per cent before the closures.
Solicitor Billy Boyle said: “It is getting worse and it will continue to get worse. The delays in prosecution are very bad evidentially but also emotionally for people who are involved in them.
http://www.scottishlegal.com/2016/07/29 ... -closures/
And look which party's complaining:
Scottish Conservative shadow justice secretary Douglas Ross, who obtained the figures from the Scottish Government, said SNP ministers had been warned of the impact of “this unnecessary and unpopular round of court closures”.
“Now we’re seeing exactly that, with a third of cases taking longer than the 26-week target timeframe to conclude,” he said.
“That’s not good enough for the victims of crime, and it’s clearly left the remaining courts with an increasing backlog.”
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/po ... ervatives/
You couldn't, as they say in the tabloids, make it up!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"The government is committed to modernising the way in which justice is accessed and delivered."
This from current government is nothing less than sinister.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
PorFavor wrote:

Precisement.
Great business decision... err...
The latest accounts filed to the UK authorities for Trump’s two resorts, in Aberdeenshire and Turnberry in Ayrshire, also show he has sunk more than £102m ($125m) of his own money into both businesses, despite losing increasing sums on both investments. The accounts suggest he may never make a profit on either resort, although the Trump family insist Turnberry will return to profitability in the short to medium term.
Still, an honest assessment of the business...?
There is also an apparent discrepancy between the accounts and his filings last year to the US Federal Election Commission (FEC), the regulator which controls election spending.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ort-losses

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :lol: :lol:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/ca ... austerity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MPs have been told that the adult social care system is “unsustainable” without significant further resources, with one council revealing that the number of adults it supports has plunged by nearly half since 2010.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Cut #investment ie.benefits/services=costs (do not disappear) passed on and multiplied.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/ca ... austerity/

MPs have been told that the adult social care system is “unsustainable” without significant further resources, with one council revealing that the number of adults it supports has plunged by nearly half since 2010.
(my bold)

What happened to the other half formerly receiving support from their council, please.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Cut #investment ie.benefits/services=costs (do not disappear) passed on and multiplied.
Agreed. It's how not to do it.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

citizenJA wrote:

(my bold)

What happened to the other half formerly receiving support from their council, please.
This ..

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... rs-housing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

cja-Councils work to eligibility thresholds-by heightening them there is a reduction over time.Governments know a little help saves countless as a preventative measure so lessening the need for more help,later on.Government has stipulated by legislation that Councils only support the two highest groupings to make it nationally applied.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:
citizenJA wrote:

(my bold)What happened to the other half formerly receiving support from their council, please.
This ..

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... rs-housing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've seen the occupant of that doorway and sleeping bag in Manchester, I think. The image linked below.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/4f8fb18a ... 794540ffb5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Why the Article 50 case may be the most important constitutional case for a generation

http://jackofkent.com/2016/10/why-the-a ... eneration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:cja-Councils work to eligibility thresholds-by heightening them there is a reduction over time.Governments know a little help saves countless as a preventative measure so lessening the need for more help,later on.Government has stipulated by legislation that Councils only support the two highest groupings to make it nationally applied.
Is government wicked, incompetent or careless? Why do I ask? There's no need for me to ask. It can be a little of both or one or two or none and still people suffer needlessly.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:Why the Article 50 case may be the most important constitutional case for a generation

http://jackofkent.com/2016/10/why-the-a ... eneration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I certainly think so.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Mr citizen and I celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary today.
We send our love to you, friends.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

citizenJA wrote:Mr citizen and I celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary today.
Congratulations to you both, may you stay happy and (in honour of Bob the Bard) Forever Young

xxx :heart:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Am engaged in distracting self from country degenerating into racist hellhole. Ironic that the complaint has long been about immigrants /foreigners whatever the term at the time "coming over here and taking our jobs" and now they don't even need to come over. Companies are just packing up and moving to Europe - or just deciding not to expand. European banks poaching traditional UK business. You can't blame them but it doesn't help.

And then of course the Brexiteers and their Union Jacks. And Sturgeon declaring another round of independence malarkey. As you may notice (at least PorFavor might) I'm irked by it all. The 1% don't even have to try very hard to divide us up - we do it all for them.

It's a bummer.

Turning thoughts to question 3 for tomorrow.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Cja-to be fair,my interpretation,twist to make a point, attempt to make portable wherever you lived,I question at what level this was set
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

‘One Day Without Us’ – mass boycott to support UK immigrants

http://news.lightful.xyz/index.php/2016 ... ts-strike/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Twitter

https://twitter.com/1daywithoutus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"The fourth wedding anniversary is said to be the year of linen, silk, fruit and flowers, with couples giving each other gifts within those themes. Modern practice, however, is to give one another electrical appliances. The gemstone is a blue topaz and the flower is a geranium or hydrangea."

Happy Anniversary
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

to be honest though, we've got bigger fish to fry
Global TB epidemic prompts fresh warnings amid drug-resistance crisis
World Health Organization slams ‘dismal’ response after governments pledged to virtually eradicate the most deadly disease on the planet by 2030
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 59546.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Concentration span limited ability to focus on question 3 for long.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Will try again
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:
citizenJA wrote:Mr citizen and I celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary today.
Congratulations to you both, may you stay happy and (in honour of Bob the Bard) Forever Young

Thank you!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Cja-to be fair,my interpretation,twist to make a point, attempt to make portable wherever you lived,I question at what level this was set
Ah, I understand you. Good. That's less horrid, at least this little bit.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:to be honest though, we've got bigger fish to fry
Global TB epidemic prompts fresh warnings amid drug-resistance crisis
World Health Organization slams ‘dismal’ response after governments pledged to virtually eradicate the most deadly disease on the planet by 2030
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 59546.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes. Environmental degradation and the potential for worldwide pandemic are really quite enough for any and all species to handle. But no. We've got to endure Trump, Tories and Brexit (not a comprehensive list) too. Just swell, you know?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Happy anniversary!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

citizenJA wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

Thank you!
BOB DYLAN - "Wedding Song" - Not the best version but I'm not very good on YouTube so can't find the one I want, this one is a bit fast and sharp.
Its the words that matter though :)
For you & Mr CJA

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by AngryAsWell on Thu 13 Oct, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

It's no good. Question 3 fries my brain. It is the same as the others and I find it perplexing. Perhaps one of the good citizens of the world who post and/or lurk here will bring clarity tomorrow.
Last edited by tinyclanger2 on Thu 13 Oct, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.