Wednesday 26th October 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 26th October 2016

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 81241.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Theresa May accuses her Brexit critics of ‘frustrating the will of the British people’
Hadn't realised I'd stopped being a Brit. Someone should've said.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 79931.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brexit: Thousands of Vauxhall jobs at risk as owner General Motors takes $400m loss from pound value crash
More consequences of the will of the British people.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Have I mentioned I'm clairvoyant?
No, but I knew you were going to say that.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... er-funding" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exxon knew of climate change in 1981, email says – but it funded deniers for 27 more years
A newly unearthed missive from Lenny Bernstein, a climate expert with the oil firm for 30 years, shows concerns over high presence of carbon dioxide in enormous gas field in south-east Asia factored into decision not to tap it
Wondering what's most divisive cultural construct. Money or Religion. Not that they're entirely unlinked.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Have I mentioned I'm clairvoyant?
You didn't have to - I know.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Por Favor - you mentioned getting your Labour membership renewal notice.
You may not want to reply, for obvious reasons, but did you mention it because it isn't a foregone conclusion that you will be opting for renewal ?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... into-power" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A party that favours direct democracy, complete government transparency, decriminalising drugs and offering asylum to Edward Snowden could form the next government in Iceland after the country goes to the polls on Saturday.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Ofsted ‏@Ofstednews 28s29 seconds ago

Ofsted is bringing EY inspections in-house. Read Gill Jones @NurseryWorld blog: "These changes will be seamless." http://ow.ly/Oix9305yDUM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Excellent - EY was the only one still using external providers.

Outsourcing is dead as far as Ofsted is concerned.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

yahyah wrote:Por Favor - you mentioned getting your Labour membership renewal notice.
You may not want to reply, for obvious reasons, but did you mention it because it isn't a foregone conclusion that you will be opting for renewal ?
I remember chatting to you about this a while ago when I said I was considering quietly lapsing into the background. Cheshire cat-like. Still in a mild quandary - but I certainly haven't leapt to renew and I usually do. I'm a bit boracic at present and renewal has certainly slipped from my list of "must dos". It used to be on it.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Quite understandable PF. Thanks for the reply.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -hairstyle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

uhm.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 81241.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Theresa May accuses her Brexit critics of ‘frustrating the will of the British people’
Hadn't realised I'd stopped being a Brit. Someone should've said.

Brexit means Exbrit. For a good number of us, it would appear.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

PorFavor wrote:
yahyah wrote:Por Favor - you mentioned getting your Labour membership renewal notice.
I remember chatting to you about this a while ago when I said I was considering quietly lapsing into the background. Cheshire cat-like. Still in a mild quandary - but I certainly haven't leapt to renew and I usually do. I'm a bit boracic at present and renewal has certainly slipped from my list of "must dos". It used to be on it.
While I understand your hesitancy PF, the Labour Party will be much poorer for your departure. There must still be a PorFavor shaped hole in the Labour Party.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

ExBrit is rather good. I feel we should get it out there somehow.
I believe there are means these days.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

From the Commonwealth Fund, a report about US healthcare insurance costs shouldered by regular people fortunate enough to have
employment and access to healthcare insurance company membership. And everyone in the household gets a card with their name
on it to prove they've healthcare insurance.
The Slowdown in Employer Insurance Cost Growth: Why Many Workers Still Feel the Pinch
Incomes are not keeping pace with employees' premium costs and deductibles

Table 5
Average Employee Premium Contribution and Deductible as Percent of Median Household Income, by State, 2006, 2010, and 2015.

http://e.infogr.am/5e23bc29-ae66-4ca3-8 ... ?src=embed

Source: S. R. Collins, D. C. Radley, M. Z. Gunja and S. Beutel, The Slowdown in Employer Insurance
Cost Growth: Why Many Workers Still Feel the Pinch
, The Commonwealth Fund, October 2016

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publica ... ost-growth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In 2006, 5.8% of US median household income went toward their employment-based health insurance premium
contributions and deductibles (health care costs paid by households before health insurance starts paying out).

In 2015, 10.1% of US median household income g o n e with nothing but plastic cards embossed with family
members names from a healthcare insurance company to show for it.

Healthcare cost coverage from expensive healthcare insurance company card-markers begins after 10.1%
of family income is g o n e. Maybe. If the medical condition is covered by card-makers, maybe.

The entire report is linked above. Understand this, please. Average family healthcare insurance premiums in the US are over
$17,000 a year. No healthcare has been accessed yet. That money pays for the healthcare insurance cards. According to the
same data, US median household income is over $57,000. The differences between the US states is astounding. Some of the
data indicate amounts far higher than I've posted. Outlandish. Waste, waste, waste - nothing more than healthcare insurance
king pins pimping fortunes off of people needing healthcare and their healthcare providers.

Universal national healthcare coverage. It's more economical, efficient and produces a healthier population.
God damn private healthcare insurance companies. Straight to hell.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

tumbleweed or what?
(and I wasn't even here, so it's not me)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

or is it?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I love the Labour party and I hate the Labour party.
It's like ...
erm ...
The only option.
WHILE MAINTAINING THE OPTION ON A NOT ENTIRELY RACIST, EVIL TRIUMPHALIST IMPERIALIST ALTERNATIVE.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:tumbleweed or what?
I was so angry after having looked at the astounding data from the report I linked above I shook. It took time to calm myself enough
to make the post. Take a look at the information linked when you're prepared to read about how a tremendously wealthy nation
managing moon landings can't fucking figure out how to provide decent, affordable public services for their people. So, they let
people die. Or pay. And pay some more. More than anyone should have to pay. Universal healthcare coverage is successful.
Not for a few making money off doing nothing but preventing people from affordable treatment from healthcare providers, true.

Pardon my French
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

THIS MAN LEARNT 45 LANGUAGES IN JUST THREE SECONDS
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

citizenJA wrote: Pardon my French
Apologies for the levity because I agree, but:

At least you can do the Brexit negotiations for us.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... s-liam-fox" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Liam Fox has accused the EU of putting politics over prosperity by threatening to take a hard line on the terms of post-Brexit trade with Britain.
coming from any Brit (including me) this is a joke.

Gildas was right. We're ####ing useless.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

citizenJA wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:tumbleweed or what?
I was so angry after having looked at the astounding data from the report I linked above I shook. It took time to calm myself enough
to make the post. Take a look at the information linked when you're prepared to read about how a tremendously wealthy nation
managing moon landings can't fucking figure out how to provide decent, affordable public services for their people. So, they let
people die. Or pay. And pay some more. More than anyone should have to pay. Universal healthcare coverage is successful.
Not for a few making money off doing nothing but preventing people from affordable treatment from healthcare providers, true.

Pardon my French
The species has a long way to go. But the only evolutionary way for us is as a moral entity (ie: not survival of the fittest but of something else). At the moment we are battling between the two. Post WW11 we were closer to the latter than we are now.

Perhaps we are in an iterative phase.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... e-pinknews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Cameron gets award for introducing same-sex marriage

sorry but no

not only for the obvious tearing apart of and potentially bankrupting the country (apparently a minor misdemeanour) but also:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... l-partners" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by tinyclanger2 on Wed 26 Oct, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:I love the Labour party and I hate the Labour party.
It's like ...
erm ...
The only option.
WHILE MAINTAINING THE OPTION ON A NOT ENTIRELY RACIST, EVIL TRIUMPHALIST IMPERIALIST ALTERNATIVE.
Labour made the National Health Service (NHS) happen. Council housing, affordable, secure, safe and pleasant housing, Labour helped make that happen. Tories wouldn't have done it.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

yes yes. I'm off.
Until next time.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
citizenJA wrote: Pardon my French
Apologies for the levity because I agree, but:

At least you can do the Brexit negotiations for us.
Oh, very well.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Evening all.

Just back from second gig in a row and one more to come tomorrow (OK, today now)

There's an awful lot of edu types pretty shocked at Gove's vote face on grammar schools - and even more about his suggestion that he always wanted them but the LibDems stopped him!

He's lost a lot of respect that he had - not from me because of his (and Gibb's) attitude to "council-run schools". If you weren't in one of his favoured academies or free schools then you might just as well not have existed.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

It appears that Operation Squirrel continues apace, tossing up this delicious irony...

"The RAF Typhoon fighters will be sent to join the Baltic Air Policing Mission to offer reassurance to the Black Sea allies, the MoD said. It will be the first time RAF planes have been dispatched to patrol Romanian airspace."

A move that will no doubt be most heartily welcomed in the editorial pages of the Express and Mail.