Tuesday 6th December 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 6th December 2016

Post by HindleA »

Of course you try to close down debate,and your mind,by the "Daily Mail reading"-my mother does,a more generous decent soul you couldn't wish to meet;"intellectually stunted"-not revisiting point made previously suffice to say in lieu of cohesive argument question intelligence;"immoral"-you don't get to deem the definition of that,again in lieu of cohesion denigrate.Even if you are,as you seem to have a great need to convince yourself of,intellectual superior by dint of non responses to a demanded one word limit,I don't see beyond that it serves any purpose.The tag,and thoroughly contested "social democrat" has been/is widely applied/self applied.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Hobiejoe wrote:
Temulkar wrote:Sigh, the ignorance here is astounding, and you people make pronouncements on corbyn as incompetent?

The word is revolutionary, at least Willow teetered around it. The hard left is a revolutionary movement commited to the overthrow of the state. Corbyn is not hard left; never has been and never will be. He is a social democrat (you know democracy the thing some on here have been whining about for months) and quuite a moderate one in the European spectrum of left and right - you know Europe another thing you are all bleating incessantly about, whilst ignoring or dissmissing austerity, as 'yesterdays news'.

Some of you should be ashamed, others here I know will revel in their ignorance, as they do daily.

If you smear the democratic left as revolutionary, you will end up with a revolutionary movement. That is in nobody's interest, but it's where we are headed and not because of Trump or UKIP, but because of people on here and their ilk who try to shut down political discourse with lies and smears. I couldn't have wished for a more perfect example of the mendacious decietfulness peddled by the moderates than Tubby's earlier smear - whether through stupidity and ignorance, or willfully as I suspect.

Tubby and Hugo and the others who peddle this deliberate lie deserve the opprobrium I am pouring over their heads, they are lucky it isnt ordure, because they are wilfully corrupting political discourse as much as any prounouncement by Farage or Trump. They are worse in fact, because they claim to be better whilst being just as guilty as proven liars.

Tubby lied about the labour leader today, a grotesque lie, and one easily dismissed, but it was still a lie, still a smear, however laughable. How many of you are labour members who said nothing as their party was being smeared and lied about, whilst it was left to a green to point out the lie?

So Croeso i Cymru, Tubby, you'll find the welsh wont put up with you englishsplaining our politics, and they will laugh in your face if you start bleating the drivel you have here today.
I take well your point, I almost daily have to point out that Corbyn is not the red blooded revolutionary he's portrayed as. I'm a pub landlord, I really, really suffer in doing so, both financially and in my soul.

And my "consent" - we agree, I just came from the other side of the coin.
It has to be said, and repeated, otherwise the liars win. Ignorance is forgiveable, it can become informed; the liars are genital warts on the political foreskin of humanity, and they must be called out, they must be exposed for their deceit, so everyone can see what they are. Only then can we start to find some semblance of decency in our politics.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not quite getting,you are all Daily Mail reading ignorant,intellectually stunted genital warts as part of decency in politics,but there you go.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

HindleA wrote:Of course you try to close down debate,and your mind,by the "Daily Mail reading"-my mother does,a more generous decent soul you couldn't wish to meet;"intellectually stunted"-not revisiting point made previously suffice to say in lieu of cohesive argument question intelligence;"immoral"-you don't get to deem the definition of that,again in lieu of cohesion denigrate.Even if you are,as you seem to have a great need to convince yourself of,intellectual superior by dint of non responses to a demanded one word limit,I don't see beyond that it serves any purpose.The tag,and thoroughly contested "social democrat" has been/is widely applied/self applied.
Lying is immoral and has been forever, its in the bible and every other religous text as immoral - I didnt define it, human society did - so wrong.

We have a daily male cartoon regularly posted here, I don't recall any complaints about that from you - so hypocrisy.

YOu want me to be polite? I want people to stop lying stop smearing, stop the deciet, stop the bullshit. So Ill make a deal, when I see that happen I will temper my words. I am certainly not apologising it was warranted in the face of decietfullness. As I told you before you have used words with the same meaning on twitter whilst complaining about my vocabulary - So save your concern and moderate your own behaviour. You spent the leadership election on twitter sneering and smearing, you have no moral high ground to lecture me on decency.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

And since the word revolutionary and Labour's contrast as a social democratic party is clause 1 of the party's constitution - which the moderates have been claiming is their justifcation for lying, I would suggest rather than complaining, you learnt about the meaning of the word and its role in the party most on here profess to support.
Last edited by Temulkar on Tue 06 Dec, 2016 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Tem,pretty sure we all got the gist of the parliamentary route,versus overthrow distinction you were alluding to.If I got it,given zero pretence of knowing much about anything,I am sure others did.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

HindleA wrote:Tem,pretty sure we all got the gist of the parliamentary route,versus overthrow distinction you were alluding to.If I got it,given zero pretence of knowing much about anything,I am sure others did.
Really? I must have missed them mentioning it despite my repeateed requests. Can you point me to where tubby said it in the thread please? whats that? you can't... oh dear.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

HindleA wrote:Not quite getting,you are all Daily Mail reading ignorant,intellectually stunted genital warts as part of decency in politics,but there you go.
I didnt say all when I referred to liars as genital warts, I referred to the liars. As I said, I'm not tempering my language until some people on here get the message that lying is corrupting our politics. Frankly its time we stopped the politeness and called out this shit for what it is. Im not pandering to liars or their supporters because they are upset at being called liars. Stop lying and Ill stop calling it out.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

HindleA wrote:I don't throw anything away,I've got bits of brick(caused by collapse during building works),kept,just in case you never know.
We have parts of tiles. But bits of bricks is even better.
V high quality hoarding there Mr H.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Temulkar wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Why do far leftists think the halfwits who vote for Trump are going to vote for them?

Populists are called populists for a reason. They don't care about being consistent, they take the popular bits from everywhere and add racism to it to make it more popular.

Why do modrates term social democrats as 'FAR LEFTISTS' thats just demonstrating your political ignorance. Do you actually understand what the far left is, do you have an iota of undersanding about what a trot actually is? Or is daily mail discourse the limit of your intellectual capabilities?

I mean really, are you actually that politically ignorant?

When a student in my class has been consistently wrong time and time again, yet still bleats like a whiny toddler he is right and the everybody else is wrong in the face of overwhelming evidence tto th contratry, they don't pass the exam. Your failing Politics 2016 quite spectacularly along with Hugo and some others oon here.

HRC lost because she represented everything that the US populationn hated about Neoliberalsim - thats why large numbers of Bernie supporyters ether didnt vote or voted Trump. She couldnt even get her own vote out, pathhetic, just like Milliband, just like Brown.

When you have failed so spectacuularly, a time of reflection would be needed, but the middle way morons havent bothered to learn or listen - they are so overwhelmingly in love with the sound of theirr own voices, that listening to others is beyond them.

Populism does not have to be racist or inconsistent (The grachhii were neither nor was Hampden, the german peasants or comunari) yet more political ignorance on your part. if you abrogate the argument to the racists, then this is what you get. The Labour scabs have left the argument because hey are more concerned with undermining Corbyn than attacking racism in our society - Much like Mr Moderate Kinnock and his assimilation speech just the otehr day.

The vacuous superficiality of the middle way is demonstrated every day on here, and whilst its not the usual suspect today, it is still a failed argumennt, promoted by people who have been proven wrong wrong and wrong again. They stand for nothing, they believe in nothing, they know nothing.

Someone who said Trump couldn't win now spouting off about why he did, yet still manages to get it wrong. Well done you!
Ta.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Temulkar wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Temulkar wrote:The differencce between the far left and social democracy can be summed up in one word, Tubby, do you know what it is?
Magic darts.
That would be two words wouldn't it, Tubby, I mean I get you dont understand political affiliation, but remedial maths?
Crikey.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Tubby lied about the labour leader today, a grotesque lie, and one easily dismissed, but it was still a lie, still a smear, however laughable.
Where?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Tem- totally untrue I have brought up the Daily Mail=thing,previously.You are lying about the time spent sneering/smearing on twitter,equally insulted from both sides.I don't need to learn about words or Labour Party history,thanks.
I don't knowingly lie.You are arguing vociferously on the basis of non support of Corbyn and creating an architecture upon that basis which doesn't exist.Shame.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Temulkar wrote:Sigh, the ignorance here is astounding, and you people make pronouncements on corbyn as incompetent?

The word is revolutionary, at least Willow teetered around it. The hard left is a revolutionary movement commited to the overthrow of the state. Corbyn is not hard left; never has been and never will be. He is a social democrat (you know democracy the thing some on here have been whining about for months) and quuite a moderate one in the European spectrum of left and right - you know Europe another thing you are all bleating incessantly about, whilst ignoring or dissmissing austerity, as 'yesterdays news'.

Some of you should be ashamed, others here I know will revel in their ignorance, as they do daily.

If you smear the democratic left as revolutionary, you will end up with a revolutionary movement. That is in nobody's interest, but it's where we are headed and not because of Trump or UKIP, but because of people on here and their ilk who try to shut down political discourse with lies and smears. I couldn't have wished for a more perfect example of the mendacious decietfulness peddled by the moderates than Tubby's earlier smear - whether through stupidity and ignorance, or willfully as I suspect.

Tubby and Hugo and the others who peddle this deliberate lie deserve the opprobrium I am pouring over their heads, they are lucky it isnt ordure, because they are wilfully corrupting political discourse as much as any prounouncement by Farage or Trump. They are worse in fact, because they claim to be better whilst being just as guilty as proven liars.

Tubby lied about the labour leader today, a grotesque lie, and one easily dismissed, but it was still a lie, still a smear, however laughable. How many of you are labour members who said nothing as their party was being smeared and lied about, whilst it was left to a green to point out the lie?

So Croeso i Cymru, Tubby, you'll find the welsh wont put up with you englishsplaining our politics, and they will laugh in your face if you start bleating the drivel you have here today.
Any time. thanks for dropping in!
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tubby lied about the labour leader today, a grotesque lie, and one easily dismissed, but it was still a lie, still a smear, however laughable.
Where?
Corbyn is hard left. A blatant lie.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

tinyclanger2 wrote:

Any time. thanks for dropping in!
That's ok, Im not going anywhere.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

lying too strong,mistaken.re my previous post.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

A HISTORY OF FTN.
The new blockbuster by TinyClanger.
Coming soon.
To a message board near you.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

V feisty on here today.
Not sure all that rudeness is really necessary, Temulkar, but cheered me up somehow anyway.
Good to see you Tubby.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

HindleA wrote:Tem- totally untrue I have brought up the Daily Mail=thing,previously.You are lying about the time spent sneering/smearing on twitter,equally insulted from both sides.I don't need to learn about words or Labour Party history,thanks.
I don't knowingly lie.You are arguing vociferously on the basis of non support of Corbyn and creating an architecture upon that basis which doesn't exist.Shame.
I apologise if you have brought up the daily male before I certainly havent noticed you doing it.

As for twitter I pointed this out to you before, do you want me to dig up the tweet? We follow each orher remember, I see what you tweet daily. Dont try and claim you werent sneering and smearing during the leadership election.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

tinyclanger2 wrote:V feisty on here today.
Not sure all that rudeness is really necessary, Temulkar, but cheered me up somehow anyway.
Good to see you Tubby.
Its neccesary because its about the only thing that punctures the smug hypocrisy of some on here.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Temulkar wrote:
Good to see you Tubby.
Its neccesary because its about the only thing that punctures the smug hypocrisy of some on here.
I see.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 58946.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Donald Trump wipes off $1bn from Boeing's stock market value with single tweet
Minutes before he sent the tweet, the CEO of Boeing was reported to have expressed doubt about Mr Trump's plans on international trade
He's a card isn't he? The Donald.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

HindleA wrote:lying too strong,mistaken.re my previous post.
Tubby wasnt mistaken when he called corbyn hard lef, he was lying.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Final point,I was suspended from the Labour Party,or more correctly the whole caboodle was suspended,subject to checking,so probably more aware than most about the bollox,exaggerations,false portrayals,created incidences that didn't happen etc.
Naive,I am not,I don't follow a clear path,but meander and make my own mind up.It isn't fucking binary where one side is virtuous and the other traitors and unique liars.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 59336.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Britain could slash environmental and safety standards 'a very long way' after Brexit, Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg says
The MP said standards that were 'good enough for India' could be good enough for the UK
Who didn't see this coming?
Note to Labour: EU protects workers; UK will not.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Temulkar wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Where?
I actually meant you. As I said before it's a tone and an attitude, and you're showing it in abundance. Not just to me either.

Corbyn is kite flying some social democratic stuff now, and fair enough. But he does it much less well than Sturgeon, and regularly gets entangled with people he shouldn't.

I can remember Labour having social democratic leaders. Corbyn wanted them out.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Temulkar wrote:
Good to see you Tubby.
You know nothing about me. What a bizarre thing to say.

Nice dig at me for being English by the way. I thought Plaid Cymru were the ones I had to worry about on that score.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 59336.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Britain could slash environmental and safety standards 'a very long way' after Brexit, Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg says
The MP said standards that were 'good enough for India' could be good enough for the UK
Who didn't see this coming?
Note to Labour: EU protects workers; UK will not.
Thank you for posting this tinyclanger2. I have occasionally tried to draw attention to what a completely unpleasant piece of work Rees-Mogg truly is, but a lot of people are distracted by his quaint, stuffy image. It's things like this which make me unable to laugh him off as others do and why, if Labour are unable to muster the remain vote against him, I may have to do the unthinkable and vote Libdem to try to dislodge him, I hate having him for my MP that much.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Rees Mogg is a horrible piece of work.

It was pre-digital days, so I can't be completely sure I'm remembering it properly. But there'd been a couple of suicides of stressed students in Oxford, and there was basically good natured media interest in these poor young people.

Rees Mogg has a letter in The Times proudly telling everyone that he hadn't done very much work at Oxford.

Horrible.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Good to see you Tubby.
Thank you, nice to see you.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Oh yes, earlier:

I said this:
Corbyn can't even oppose racism without joining up with SWP rape apologists, and then pretending he isn't. Just like he can't even oppose wars in the Middle East without joining up with Putin apologists in Stop The War.
Temulkar answers me with this:
Corbyn and rape apologists? even though the StWC is a multi party organisation.
I'm very clearly referring to the controversy around Stand Up To Racism. It's a front for unrepentant SWP top brass. There was a huge stink about it and Corbyn upset lots of people he shouldn't have done.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

tinyclanger2 wrote:A HISTORY OF FTN.
Coming soon.
How does it end? Spoilers.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Temulkar wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Where?
I actually meant you. As I said before it's a tone and an attitude, and you're showing it in abundance. Not just to me either.

Corbyn is kite flying some social democratic stuff now, and fair enough. But he does it much less well than Sturgeon, and regularly gets entangled with people he shouldn't.

I can remember Labour having social democratic leaders. Corbyn wanted them out.
YOu're quite correct, you didnt directly call corbyn hard left, you merely he inferred he supported rape apoligists Which is actually worse. Since Ive never been a proponent of revolution, Im not hard left either, but then again you've demonstrated remarkable ignorance on that score many times already today.

And I care not a jot if you're english, I said Englishsplain - Saisplain its called around here, but since you are unlikely to speak welsh there would be little point me speaking in my native tounge - a shame really as it rolls off the tounge better. But maybe you're going to make efforts to involve yourself in the community, maybe make an effort to learn our language and culture, maybe try and learn a little about our political history, before making pronouncements on plaid.

''Corbyn can't even oppose racism without joining up with SWP rape apologists, and then pretending he isn't. Just like he can't even oppose wars in the Middle East without joining up with Putin apologists in Stop The War.''
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Oh yes, earlier:

I said this:
Corbyn can't even oppose racism without joining up with SWP rape apologists, and then pretending he isn't. Just like he can't even oppose wars in the Middle East without joining up with Putin apologists in Stop The War.
Temulkar answers me with this:
Corbyn and rape apologists? even though the StWC is a multi party organisation.
I'm very clearly referring to the controversy around Stand Up To Racism. It's a front for unrepentant SWP top brass. There was a huge stink about it and Corbyn upset lots of people he shouldn't have done.
And stand up to racism is a multi party event. SWP is not in charge of it nor is it a front for them, which has been pointed out by many other people at the time the stink was made.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Is Steve Hart a rape apologist?

http://labourlist.org/2016/10/yes-the-s ... hard-left/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Give it a rest Tem, it's getting a bit like this :

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Is Dianne Abbot a rape apologist? She presides over Stand up to Racism after all.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

AngryAsWell wrote:Give it a rest Tem, it's getting a bit like this :

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
No, giving it a rest is why the majority of posters have left the board. Im not putting up with this bullshit. It has to be called out.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

StephenDolan wrote:
Coming soon.
Not so fast Mr Dolan. No spoilers here.

Part 1. In which the flythenest.freeforums.org moves to flythenest.org

Because I have too many things in one small Clanger brain, I can't remember when the original non-nest board (freeforums) was born. But I do remember having to track it down. Then it moved and I had to track it down again.
Joining on that first day of the current incarnation FTN welcomed 24 nesters (accurately non-nesters, but it sounds crap so we won't use it). These included stalwart admins Mr PaulfromYorkshire and the ever-popular Refitman, along with big names including:
Angryaswell, Letsskiptotheleft, Hobiejoe, Danesclose, discordantharmony, rebeccariots2, diGriz, ohsocynical, temulkar, Anatolykasparov, mbc1955, pk1, rearofthestore, StephenDolan, RogerOThornhill, Tubby Isaacs, Technical Ephemera, HindleA and Frightfuloik. Several of these, happily, are still nesting today.
However, if there were any messages posted that day I’ll be damned if I can find ‘em.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

And I care not a jot if you're english, I said Englishsplain - Saisplain its called around here, but since you are unlikely to speak welsh there would be little point me speaking in my native tounge - a shame really as it rolls off the tounge better. But maybe you're going to make efforts to involve yourself in the community, maybe make an effort to learn our language and culture, maybe try and learn a little about our political history, before making pronouncements on plaid.
Over 3/4 have no knowledge of Welsh here. So on balance, English seems like an good choice for explaining. Did go to Gwynedd for holiday and would have been nice to speak a bit to be polite.

I don't like Plaid in the Welsh Assembly, but they've got the right idea about Brexit.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

It's interesting being told off (as a member of the board rather than for anything specific) by someone I've never met and for no good reason. There'll be research on it at some point.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

StephenDolan wrote:
Coming soon.
Hopefully it involves cake.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Over 3/4 have no knowledge of Welsh here. So on balance, English seems like an good choice for explaining. Did go to Gwynedd for holiday and would have been nice to speak a bit to be polite.

I don't like Plaid in the Welsh Assembly, but they've got the right idea about Brexit.
Every child in wales is tauhght welsh to GCSE and before that O level and have been since the early 80s. Everyone who went through the welsh education system has basic understanding of welsh, saisplainaing peoples understanding of welsh, now, how long have you lived here?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:

You may have lost him there.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Temulkar wrote: No, giving it a rest is why the majority of posters have left the board.
It really isn't.

All of this today just reads as 'considerably purer than thou'. I (hope) honestly have no beef with anyone on here and I've never seriously disagreed with anything you've written other than the stuff about learning styles but you should try looking in at today's thread from someone else's perspective and see what it looks like.
I still believe in a town called Hope
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Temulkar wrote:Is Dianne Abbot a rape apologist? She presides over Stand up to Racism after all.
Of course not, nor is Corbyn, nor is Kate Osamor. I've never said they were. They're just careless.

The people who matter are the convenors. Same group of people zip between groups and try and get people attracted by the Corbyn and Abbott into the SWP. Ex members will tell you that.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

adam wrote:
Temulkar wrote: No, giving it a rest is why the majority of posters have left the board.
It really isn't.

All of this today just reads as 'considerably purer than thou'. I (hope) honestly have no beef with anyone on here and I've never seriously disagreed with anything you've written other than the stuff about learning styles but you should try looking in at today's thread from someone else's perspective and see what it looks like.
Have you asked them Adam? I have, and a number of posters names come up again and again.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Temulkar wrote:Is Dianne Abbot a rape apologist? She presides over Stand up to Racism after all.
Of course not, nor is Corbyn, nor is Kate Osamor. I've never said they were. They're just careless.

The people who matter are the convenors. Same group of people zip between groups and try and get people attracted by the Corbyn and Abbott into the SWP. Ex members will tell you that.
So Stand up to Racism isnt a front for the SWP then? And corbyn going to an even presided over by labour MPs wasnt hanging out with rape apologists was he?