Thursday March 2nd 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday March 2nd 2017

Post by HindleA »

The sickening deliberate pursuance and targeted nature of pure misanthropy should repulse all,IMHO.That it obviously doesn't,saddens me beyond words.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

StephenDolan wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:He should look like he's up to the big league. Gordo did.
Osborne would've run rings around Merkel and Putin? How about May? Hammond? Leanne Wood? I'm assuming you think yes because they've not been criticised in the same manner.
Leanne Wood is a parish pump politician, doesn't even pretend not to be. Compare with Salmond, for instance.

May is hopeless. Hammond knows he's playing a duff hand. McDonnell thinks this a great chance to stick it to the man.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I recall hilarious Liz Truss criticizing Mandelson for not getting behind Brexit. Centrist (in UK terms) technocrats don't want anything to do with Brexit, and she can see it.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

A bit of a heavy read, but this bit on the patent system jumped out:

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2017/02 ... attlefield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Cameron put in an awful lot of work supporting the idea of the court. British judges were heavily involved in developing its procedures. When it was decided that the court would be split into three locations, Cameron succeeded in making sure one of them – which will rule on pharmaceuticals and life sciences - was in London.
I wasn't aware he was doing this, and apparently making decent progress.

Why didn't he make far more of it? What a coward.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:A bit of a heavy read, but this bit on the patent system jumped out:

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2017/02 ... attlefield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Cameron put in an awful lot of work supporting the idea of the court. British judges were heavily involved in developing its procedures. When it was decided that the court would be split into three locations, Cameron succeeded in making sure one of them – which will rule on pharmaceuticals and life sciences - was in London.

I'm surprised by it too.
"...when the agreement setting up the unified patent was written it was actually an international treaty rather than an EU regulation. It's this key fact which seems to have given the government the confidence to think it can still press ahead.

That, however, is where the good news for May ends, because while the agreement setting up the unified patent court was an international treaty, the agreement on the unified patent itself comes from an EU regulation. And then there are those other rather significant problems: namely, that the court agreement relates only to EU member states and that it will bring its members under the ECJ interpretation of European law."
Will it be possible for T May and Tory government to get exemptions for this? Tory government getting all they want and need out of 'Brexit' while regular people get handed the invoice for it all.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

All these Court cases are doing painfully slowly is to make the Government put exemptions/regulations in that Webb et al said was too difficult.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

McCluskey getting properly stuck in on Brexit. He's gone up in my estimation, and I hope he beats lightweight "immigration only benefits the rich" Coyne.

I'm encouraged by McCluskey getting away from Corbyn too. Hope he stays at a distance if he wins re-election.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

citizenJA wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:A bit of a heavy read, but this bit on the patent system jumped out:

I'm surprised by it too.
"...when the agreement setting up the unified patent was written it was actually an international treaty rather than an EU regulation. It's this key fact which seems to have given the government the confidence to think it can still press ahead.

That, however, is where the good news for May ends, because while the agreement setting up the unified patent court was an international treaty, the agreement on the unified patent itself comes from an EU regulation. And then there are those other rather significant problems: namely, that the court agreement relates only to EU member states and that it will bring its members under the ECJ interpretation of European law."
Will it be possible for T May and Tory government to get exemptions for this? Tory government getting all they want and need out of 'Brexit' while regular people get handed the invoice for it all.
Good work. I was struggling with the article by then.

I reckon the ECJ promise will be kicked into touch. Can't get everything we wanted, blah, blah, we've kept out the immigrants, vote for us. Lots probably will.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Home ownership in England at a 30-year low, official figures show
English Housing Survey finds private rented sector doubled in size since 2004, with ownership at lowest level since 1985

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/ ... gures-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The numbers are stark. I posted a bad graph containing correct information regarding UK home ownership rates yesterday morning. From 73.3% home owners in 2008 to 63.5% 2016. People don't own their own homes, they're renting. They're renting from private landlords. That is bad. I don't care much about home ownership. I do care about secure tenancies, safe and affordable housing. House prices are inflated and that's not the fault of regular people, it's a privately-owned monetary system's world, we just have to live in it. That system blew up property prices and sold us debt.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Repeating if missed,all here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistic ... ine-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:McCluskey getting properly stuck in on Brexit. He's gone up in my estimation, and I hope he beats lightweight "immigration only benefits the rich" Coyne.

I'm encouraged by McCluskey getting away from Corbyn too. Hope he stays at a distance if he wins re-election.
Yeah, I can't stress enough how important it is for everyone to recognise regular people living in other countries have everything in common. I don't write 'working people' because work isn't the only thing of value people do. That's an aside. My point is don't blame immigrants for decreasing living standards and lower wages. 'Brexit' will suffocate the opportunities of UK people.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Crapita, from the business live blog
Shares in the outsourcing group Capita are down 9% after the company revealed a 33% fall in annual profits and said its chief executive Andy Parker was stepping down.

It follows confirmation that the company, which operates the London congestion charge, is to be relegated from the FTSE 100 because of a sharp fall in the share price.

Parker commented on his departure:

2016 has been a difficult year for Capita but the Company is now a simpler, more focussed group with a clear service offering and growth strategy, and a plan to achieve a stronger balance sheet.

We have achieved a great deal but going forward it is time for a new leader to take Capita through the next steps to renewed and sustainable organic growth.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Repeating if missed,all here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistic ... ine-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Private renters spend a significantly greater proportion of their income on their housing costs than social renters or those buying with a mortgage. On average, those buying their home with a mortgage spent 18% of their household income on mortgage payments whereas rent payments were 28% of household income for social renters and 35% of household income for private renters.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Report.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm so angry.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:Crapita, from the business live blog
Shares in the outsourcing group Capita are down 9% after the company revealed a 33% fall in annual profits and said its chief executive Andy Parker was stepping down.

It follows confirmation that the company, which operates the London congestion charge, is to be relegated from the FTSE 100 because of a sharp fall in the share price.

Parker commented on his departure:

2016 has been a difficult year for Capita but the Company is now a simpler, more focussed group with a clear service offering and growth strategy, and a plan to achieve a stronger balance sheet.

We have achieved a great deal but going forward it is time for a new leader to take Capita through the next steps to renewed and sustainable organic growth.
Compost, think compost. Renewed, organic growth from sh**.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

The FT had something in 2010 about how outsourcers were licking their lips at the new government. Funny, because I thought New Labour had outsourced it all already.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Europe Elects‏ @EuropeElects Feb 28
More
France: Only 47% of PS (S&D) supporters would vote for PS (S&D) candidate #Hamon in first round of Presidential election (Ifop poll).
The PS have some ongoing problems, but that's not very good given that Hamon is supposed to be exciting and radical.

I'm wondering if we're going to see a social democrat-centrist revival. Looks like the SPD in Germany are doing better. Labour need to get somebody in who can push those sorts of buttons better.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
Amber Rudd authorises more powerful Tasers for police

Home secretary authorises Taser X2 for police in England and Wales despite concerns over deaths and serious injuries (Guardian)
Horrible woman. Increasingly frightening government.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... for-police
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Europe Elects‏ @EuropeElects Feb 28
More
France: Only 47% of PS (S&D) supporters would vote for PS (S&D) candidate #Hamon in first round of Presidential election (Ifop poll).
The PS have some ongoing problems, but that's not very good given that Hamon is supposed to be exciting and radical.

I'm wondering if we're going to see a social democrat-centrist revival. Looks like the SPD in Germany are doing better. Labour need to get somebody in who can push those sorts of buttons better.
The SPD is doing better under Schulz, who is some way to the left of his predecessors.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Right, but he's an establishment face, experienced in the EU. It's hardly the spirit of Trump, is it?

Good to see Wilders dropping and Le Pen's first round lead almost gone. Populists are only popular till they hold power. Trump's holding power and is an international joke.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Clueless Evening Standard has glib fool, Kate Hoey, as the unfortunate target of hard leftists.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics ... 76811.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A poster BTL puts them right.
Hoey is no "centrist" nor is she being targeted in some Momentum inspired left-wing campaign. She is universally detested across the Labour party and by all wings of the party - not least for her Brexiteering (supping champagne with Farage whilst cruising up the Thames), accepting donations from UKIP paymaster Aaron Banks, but also her reactionary views on hand guns, grammar schools, hunting, etc. I'm surprised it has taken the Vauxhall party so long to boot her out. If she wants to espouse UKIP-views, she should go join them. The sooner she, and the similarly revolting Gisela Stuart, are deselected the better.

Kate Hoey a centrist? She is a horrid little old beastie that is not in politics for the people.
And don't give me this wave of anti liberalism bull, people vote for change, usually because they want things to be better for themselves, stupid people vote blindly for change and you end up with Trump and Brexit. And Kate Hoey is in it very much for herself. Centrist my arse.

Centrist? She campaigned for leaving the EU, promulgating all the "alternative facts" which that campaign uttered. Meanwhile her constituents voted nearly 80% for Remaining in the EU. She consorted with fascists and assisted in the passage of funding to a competing political party. She took donations from Arron Banks, principal funder of UKIP. She is an active supporter of hunting with dogs, which is overwhelmingly rejected by her constituents and almost all of the country. She's opposed to the smoking ban and gun control. All in all, I don't think you need to be a Momentum member to want rid of her
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... c-tensions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sweden has voted to reintroduce military conscription by 1 July after struggling to fill army ranks on a voluntary basis, citing increased Russian military activity in the Baltics as one of the reasons for the policy U-turn.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

The Electoral Commission has been urged to investigate whether Nigel Farage’s Brexit campaign broke election law by not declaring the role of a firm of “psychographic” social media strategists used by Donald Trump.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... t-campaign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

and finally:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 07986.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MPs take 13 minutes to double Royal family income and approve £360m Buckingham Palace refurbishment
A tiny, adhoc committee of MPs waives through huge expenditure
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Right, but he's an establishment face, experienced in the EU. It's hardly the spirit of Trump, is it?
In some respect Schulz is arguably comparable to a certain E S Miliband (remember him)

Despite what was posted here earlier today, who overall gave him more grief during his leadership? The hard left, or the Blairites??
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

When I said finally, I didn't mean it.
Mr Steel:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jer ... 08246.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There’s an innocent charm to some of the calls for Jeremy Corbyn to stand down, especially on the grounds he has a bad image in the media. Because if history teaches us anything, it’s that if Labour had a different leader, the press would be lovely to them. The Sun would declare gracefully, “At last Labour has seen sense and selected the far more electable Clive Lewis, who unfortunately has a squidgy nose and wants to abolish the army and replace it with a falafel, and will use public money to build a mosque in space, and his hobby is waterboarding the Duchess of Cambridge and he wants to ban Boxing Day and make Vera Lynn apologise to the Germans. Here’s a picture of him mocked up to look as if he’s got fox mess in his hair.”
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Mr Steel wrote:Maybe part of the problem is the obsession with who the leader is, which ignores the bigger question for Labour, which is why, across the West, parties that used to win elections by promising to moderate the excesses of big business, can’t seem to get elected any more.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:and finally:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 07986.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MPs take 13 minutes to double Royal family income and approve £360m Buckingham Palace refurbishment
A tiny, adhoc committee of MPs waives through huge expenditure
Don't pay rent and they their is allowance doubled
Meanwhile, their fellow disabled countrymen/women are hounded, harassed and denied enough to remain alive
Last edited by citizenJA on Thu 02 Mar, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Someone somewhere ought to come up with a vaguely coherent alternative to all this, or it doesn’t really matter who leads Labour as they’ll keep getting stuffed, and in twenty years we’ll be going, “he’s hopeless. The Dalai Lama has to resign. Susan Boyle, it’s your go.”
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Right, but he's an establishment face, experienced in the EU. It's hardly the spirit of Trump, is it?
In some respect Schulz is arguably comparable to a certain E S Miliband (remember him)

Despite what was posted here earlier today, who overall gave him more grief during his leadership? The hard left, or the Blairites??
Who gave E S Miliband more grief during his leadership? I genuinely don't know. Let's talk with any who did and hear where they're at now. If it were me, I'd have the decency to beg forgiveness.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Mr Steel wrote:Maybe part of the problem is the obsession with who the leader is, which ignores the bigger question for Labour, which is why, across the West, parties that used to win elections by promising to moderate the excesses of big business, can’t seem to get elected any more.
Their opponents cheat and steal elections, that's why. Democracy is over, I guess.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the- ... -paul-gray" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

News story
The Personal Independence Payment (Amendment) Regulations 2017: statement by Paul Gray
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

I really didn't get the "Blairites sunk Ed" stuff. There weren't really any hard left about to cause any trouble. Though a few like Abbott, Skinner and Katy Clark managed to fuck up the Fiscal Charter vote by rebelling and reading out Osborne's script. I think that was a big problem.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

DWP lying to LA’s and Supreme Court re Bedroom Tax changes

https://speye.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/ ... x-changes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Apparently,announcement on going ahead with 18-21 ban on HB,tomorrow.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-39143396" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ministers' U-turn over 'bonfire of children's rights'
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I should say I think Ed was centrist. I'm not suggesting putting Liz Kendall in charge.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.24housing.co.uk/news/tenants ... rolls-out/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tenants terminating tenancies as Universal Credit rolls out
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://dpac.uk.net/2017/02/un-report-20 ... nce-wrong/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Government has responded to the petition – “Force the government to act on the eleven recommendations of the UNCRPD report”.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

HindleA wrote:http://dpac.uk.net/2017/02/un-report-20 ... nce-wrong/

Government has responded to the petition – “Force the government to act on the eleven recommendations of the UNCRPD report”.
The UK is a strong parliamentary democracy,
except where we want to exclude Parliament/the judiciary/the willofthepeople/delete as appropriate where it suits us
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Someone somewhere ought to come up with a vaguely coherent alternative to all this, or it doesn’t really matter who leads Labour as they’ll keep getting stuffed, and in twenty years we’ll be going, “he’s hopeless. The Dalai Lama has to resign. Susan Boyle, it’s your go.”
How's no hard Brexit, no Trump? Coherent.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

All-powerful Theresa dispenses with normal rules of human interaction
John Crace
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nteraction" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Parliament warned of threat to democracy over Brexit law changes
Great Repeal Bill could hand ministers power with scant scrutiny, says Hansard Society

https://www.ft.com/content/732473de-fe7 ... 00c5664d30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

My first football memory was Celtic winning the European Cup so RIP Tommy Gemmell.I think all.the team were born within twenty miles of Celtic Park,or something like that.

[youtube]i31RBFSpqbk[/youtube]
Last edited by HindleA on Thu 02 Mar, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -cuadrilla" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shale gas firm Cuadrilla brands anti-fracking activists 'irresponsible'
CEO Francis Egan complains about protesters ‘harassing’ contractors supplying Preston New Road site in Lancashire

The chief executive of Cuadrilla, a leading fracking company, has complained at what he calls intimidation and harassment by “irresponsible” activists protesting at a shale gas site the firm is constructing in Lancashire.
Two suppliers subcontracted to supply material for the site, one for stones and one for cement, have ended their relationship with Cuadrilla’s civil engineering contractor after protesters blockaded their businesses.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Memo for Mr H:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=beard ... BoAQsAQIGQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:Parliament warned of threat to democracy over Brexit law changes
Great Repeal Bill could hand ministers power with scant scrutiny, says Hansard Society

https://www.ft.com/content/732473de-fe7 ... 00c5664d30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tory government will tell us we wanted it that way
'The Will Of The People'
triumph of the people
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight, everyone
today was a hard day
love,
cJA
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

beard.jpg
beard.jpg (7.69 KiB) Viewed 11002 times
http://www.boredpanda.com/world-beard-m ... y-austria/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(world beard and moustache championships)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I've never advanced further than what is generally described as bumfluff.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-nort ... 7-39128501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NI Assembly election: Polling stations close