Friday 3rd March 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Re: Friday 3rd March 2017

Post by howsillyofme1 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:(see my edit above)
hope they wait until after my holiday in a few weeks (booked before Trump was elected)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

“Walls are hot right now, but I was into them long before [Donald] Trump made it cool,” said Banksy in a statement.
He's a card.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

The government has been accused of misleading parliament over efforts to protect the rights of British nationals already settled in Europe after Brexit.

A coalition of 12 groups representing 32,000 Britons living across Europe said the government had not been in touch with any of them – despite claims officials had engaged with expatriate groups on the issue.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ope-brexit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

ESTA la vista comprades
a bientot
en tot ziens
(turning in for the night)
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

This question of EU citizens is going to be a nightmare to sort out......far more difficult than is thought

We will have to introduce a 'permit' system pretty damn quick with all the infrastructure to cope with the numbers who want to stay

Also we are going to find out how little power the EU has because the treatment of UK citizens abroad post-Brexit will be a national Government decision - there will be no 'EU position' unless we have unanimity across all countries (unlikely?)

The best thing the UK could do is make the unilateral decision to allow EU citizens to stay and that would encourage reciprocal action....we do not want to make this part of a negotiation as it won't move anywhere until there is clarity about the rest of the deal (in my view)
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:ESTA la vista comprades
a bientot
en tot ziens
(turning in for the night)

bonne nuit et mes excuses si je vous ai embêté ce soir
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Thoughtful posts this evening about this place.

I'd love to be back.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA