Friday 26th September 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 26th September 2014

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Increasingly obvious that their driving motivation is "anybody but Labour/Ed".
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:So, are the Guardian going to come out for kippers?
Point-scoring not pint-sinking at Ukip conference
As energy and conviction drains from main political conferences, some of it is flowing into Nigel Farage’s ragged insurgency
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... gel-farage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It wouldn't surprise me. Nothing does about that rag now. I feel like I lost an old friend when I realised just how turgidly awful it had become.
Not if their editorial is anything to go by:
The Guardian view on Ukip conference: Nigel Farage’s phoney flutter
Ukip has come north to offer itself as a party for blue-collar voters. It is a fraudulent offer
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ey-flutter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr Farage said that the NHS would be safe in Ukip’s hands. This is simply incompatible with the classic Tory tax-cutting agenda that he then announced a few hours later, in which inheritance tax would be scrapped and those on skilled workers’ salaries would get a 5p income tax cut. The figures do not add up, and the gap between income and spending would widen still more if the flatter tax regime the party favours as a goal, with a further 5p cut in the top rate of income tax, ever came into force. Mr Farage is selling a lie.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
There isn't one. And no, there wasn't one pre-2010 either. Try 50% in education or training.
And up to age 30. It was already at 43.6% when the promise was made.

Look at this lying Tory bollocks.
A spokesman for the Conservative Party said: "This shows what a complete and utter nonsense setting a target is.

"The only criteria for going to university should be the quality of the candidate as judged by an admissions tutor.

"It is ridiculous to try to shovel people in by lowering the academic threshold. We would leave it to the good sense of admissions tutors to decide who they want in their university."
Who suggested overruling admissions tutors from Whitehall?
Or indeed lowering enterance requirements?

And the sodding numbers are going down!

The promise was "higher education"- which is a bit ambiguous, but would surely mean more than just universities.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/n ... 86.article" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Tories launch their first election giveaway.

And to do this they're exempting housebuilders from some taxes and selling brownfield land cheap.

Hmm... am I wrong in thinking that they receive some large donations from housing developers?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Jeremy Hunt won't be happy. He doesn't like people messing with markets.

He dissed old man Miliband for that.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

BBC Newsnight ‏@BBCNewsnight 8m
UKIP's Stuart Wheeler: "Our policies, except for a few, are very, very similar to the Conservatives" #newsnight
Whoops a daisy!
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
BBC Newsnight ‏@BBCNewsnight 8m
UKIP's Stuart Wheeler: "Our policies, except for a few, are very, very similar to the Conservatives" #newsnight
Whoops a daisy!

Are You thinking what I'm thinking (TM) :toss:
Release the Guardvarks.
giselle97
Committee Chair

Post by giselle97 »

RobertSnozers wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:HM Passport Office to be abolished and boss to lose job, says Theresa May
Home Secretary chooses day of Parliament recall to announce major changes to the Passport Office, following "summer of chaos" which saw thousands of holidaymakers thwarted by passport delays.

Another Tory wheeze that didn't go according to plan then.
See also NHS Property Services. A screw up of gargantuan proportions which would be another indicator of the incompetence of the government if the media would be bothered to look into it.
Morning all.
Sorry Robert but what's that about NHS Property Services please?
(My first post using a tablet - which has convinced me to go out and buy a laptop!).
Happy to be called a Labour Party Tribalist as I don't consider it as an insult in the grand scheme of things!