Friday 17th March 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 17th March 2017

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

SpinningHugo wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote: I *do* think there is a good chance he will be gone before then but let's not get sidetracked by that for now ;)
A "genuine chance" is rather different from your confident predictions in the past that he will certainly be gone.

The aim is the transformation of the Labour party. On its own terms, the Corbyn movement is an enormous success. Why quit?
Not sure if I have ever used that word, tbh. Very few things in this world are *totally* certain.

(even a Tory win at the next GE with Jez still in place - I admit that is overwhelmingly likely, however)

I think the chances of Labour having a new leader in a 2020 contest are still very high - IMO if there is movement on the PLP threshold it would be close to a done deal.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Posted "not" in support of Osborne (as I have been accused of being), but as another view of his - still held - power hungriness (to reiterate I do NOT support him, but have felt for a long time that he will succeed May, with someone like Redwood being the stalking horse who sets the battle going).

"Because Osborne was so loyal to Cameron, it is perhaps not as widely appreciated as it should be just how much against the idea of holding the referendum he was. In the campaign, unlike Mrs May, whose fights for Remain were half-hearted at best, sabotage at worst, he fought hard but failed. But whereas Cameron has wandered off the stage, he has stayed and remains of the view that Brexit will be a disaster. London is a Remain city. Business has many many concerns about Brexit. The Standard will play an important role through the process. If he is true to his beliefs and, more importantly, to the readers, he will use the paper to put the kind of scrutiny on the government Brexit strategy that the Brextremist Lie Machine papers are refusing to do.

He can also, if he has guts, fight to change the media culture. As Tom Watson rather wittily tweeted, Osborne is now the only editor totally supportive of the changes proposed after the Leveson Inquiry. He should fight for Leveson 2. He also shares the antipathy most decent people feel to the way the Mail covers our national life, and distaste for the way Mrs May allows its editor Paul Dacre to set her agenda. He is again in a position to do something about it and show a different approach."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/you-shouldnt-w ... it-1612256" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Beg to differ in the strongest terms as to his decency.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Taken me nearly 5 hours to get from Manchester airport to Galway (not including an hours delay to the flight) I'm thankful that my hotel has a late bar.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

HindleA wrote:Beg to differ in the strongest terms as to his decency.
well said Hindle!

People have died because of his economic policies, and remember he was a senior member of a Government selling weapons to Saudi Arabia to use on civilians

Amazing that some people, supposedly calling themselves Labour supporters are so ready to rehabilitate such an odious individual

All is forgiven if you are a Remainer though I guess (although why anyone believes a word he says is perplexing)

Shame that the same people are not quite so tolerant of their own party leader!

Perhaps if he replaces May then the can find a home in the Tory Party
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

No decent person would utter "curtains closed,sleeping off a life on benefits" in the context of DLA "reforms",lying as to being an out of work benefit and ease of receipt,with intent.A propagandist feeding into and off the worst prejudices of people.Little surprise he legitimised the "product of the welfare state" Wail headlines given it was his schtick.