Friday 31st March 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 31st March 2017

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Here's Donaeld:
Donaeld The Unready‏ @donaeldunready 8h8 hours ago

Somerset. What is up with those guys? Wrong on so many Levels. #drainthefens #razetheLevels #allthewayto11
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

tinyclanger2 wrote:(Mr Snozers, if you're looking in, look away now):
https://neweuropeans.net/article/1801/h ... erspective" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How can we unite Britain after the Brexit vote - a psychologist's perspective
It is not that Remain leaders failed to provide enough facts. It is that they failed to produce a narrative that could make people feel unified at an individual and national level at a time of profound uncertainty.
I understand the dislike of the term "narrative" if that is what you are getting at, but that claim is still hard to disagree with isn't it?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
daydreamer
Minister of State

Post by daydreamer »

Hi all,

Linking in with TC2's post re: premier league football and Brexit.
https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/statu ... urn false;
Smart has the plans, but stupid has the stories.
daydreamer
Minister of State

Post by daydreamer »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39453338

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39448444
It is clear that the UK will face a tough divorce from the European Union after European Council President Donald Tusk characterised the forthcoming talks as "difficult, complex" and possibly "confrontational". From the outset it is clear that the EU side will control the agenda.
That was underlined again on Friday in an early skirmish over procedure. Theresa May wanted divorce talks to run in parallel with negotiations about a future trading relationship. That won't happen.
Smart has the plans, but stupid has the stories.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
https://neweuropeans.net/article/1801/h ... erspective" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is not that Remain leaders failed to provide enough facts. It is that they failed to produce a narrative that could make people feel unified at an individual and national level at a time of profound uncertainty.
I understand the dislike of the term "narrative" if that is what you are getting at, but that claim is still hard to disagree with isn't it?
It is indeed.

Amber Rudd, it seems hard to believe now, had a go at getting across the idea of amplifying influence through being part of a bigger group, but nobody else much did.

I think the "left behind" areas would have been tough whatever, but there was surely more of a sense that the UK had done well in the Single Market that could have won more votes in the South East. I couldn't believe eg Sevenoaks voting Leave.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

It is indeed.

Amber Rudd, it seems hard to believe now, had a go at getting across the idea of amplifying influence through being part of a bigger group, but nobody else much did.

I think the "left behind" areas would have been tough whatever, but there was surely more of a sense that the UK had done well in the Single Market that could have won more votes in the South East. I couldn't believe eg Sevenoaks voting Leave.[/quote]

There was a radio 5 phone in a couple of days ago, with two 'experts', on remain, the other a Tory git. One woman rang in full of joy about leaving because she was one of the women in their '50s who will have to work for extra years before being entitled to her state pension. Now we're out of the EU, we can put that right?
Can't predict that level of stupid.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Oh Christ. Please.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... hed-16-17/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Communities and Local Government Committee report says that the Government needs to urgently review how social care is funded in the long term and address serious threats to social care provisIon
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

55DegreesNorth wrote:
There was a radio 5 phone in a couple of days ago, with two 'experts', on remain, the other a Tory git. One woman rang in full of joy about leaving because she was one of the women in their '50s who will have to work for extra years before being entitled to her state pension. Now we're out of the EU, we can put that right?
Can't predict that level of stupid.
Not quite as stupid as it first appears.

I'm one of the worst affected by this change and when it was announced in 2010 I wrote to Billy Hague, our MP at the time, to protest. First reply was just flannel so I wrote again and he did, indeed, blame the EU. I think the point was that they wanted to increase men's retirement age from 65 to 66, so had to increase women's as well to comply with EU rules, even though ours hadn't got to 65 yet.

They should have left it alone until equality had been achieved.

edited to correct the date, now I've got the letters out
Last edited by gilsey on Fri 31 Mar, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

This is a classic demonstration of how we got into this mess, govt blaming the EU for everything.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Oh Christ. Please.
Yes, but that was the sort of thing people who voted leave wanted to believe.

The piss poor remain campaign neither made a good job of rebutting such misconceptions or - at least as importantly - giving people other stuff to "believe" in.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

The piss poor remain campaign neither made a good job of rebutting such misconceptions or - at least as importantly - giving people other stuff to "believe" in.
See above - that was what the govt told them.

edited - quote from my letter
"The lower pension age for women before 2020 inevitably means that the increase is faster so that men and women then have an equal retirement age. If no one's pension age went up by more than a year, men would continue to have a higher pension age, which would be illegal under European and the equalities laws."
My bold.
Last edited by gilsey on Fri 31 Mar, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:This is a classic demonstration of how we got into this mess, govt blaming the EU for everything.
Exactly.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

citizenJA wrote:
“We have got a curious situation where many more people in this country would like to train to be nurses than we have nurse training places,” Stevens said.
Is this true, please?
I believe it was true, wasn't that the justification for removing the bursary?
The money available for bursaries was limited, so Osborne abolished it and as many would-be nurses as you like are now welcome to take out loans for their training.

Stevens may be a little disingenuous here?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Carrying on with Stevens, link to the exec summary of the 5 year forward view.
https://www.england.nhs.uk/five-year-fo ... e-summary/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1. Next year the NHS turns 70. New treatments for a growing and aging population mean that pressures on the service are greater than they have ever been. But treatment outcomes are far better – and public satisfaction higher – than ten or twenty years ago.
Cherry-picking stats much? 20 years ago Tories had been in govt for 16 years. Highest satisfaction ratings I believe were in 2010, not 10 but 7 years ago.
3. Perhaps most importantly, we all want to know that the NHS will be there for us and our families when we need it the most – to provide urgent and emergency care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There we have it. Rather like disability benefits for the most needy, we can have the NHS for emergencies. The rest of the time, go private or forget it.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
“We have got a curious situation where many more people in this country would like to train to be nurses than we have nurse training places,” Stevens said.
Is this true, please?
The money available for bursaries was limited, so Osborne abolished it and as many would-be nurses as you like are now welcome to take out loans for their training.

"...many more people in this country would like to train to be nurses than we have nurse training places..."
not enough school places offered in the UK for the number of students who want to learn
not about money, according to him
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Stevens opened his mouth and said
'many more people in this country would like to train to be nurses than we have nurse training places'
I know, right, because the UK is internationally known for its lack of educational learning facilities
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
The claim is entirely true.
As with all psychology - it's all about the stories.

(PS - I am not is any shape or form a psychologist so this is a personal view)
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

gilsey wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
Is this true, please?

From 2010 -2015, the Coalition government cut nursing training places yearly, creating a shortage of homegrown nurses that needed to be filled by nurses recruited from abroad to a much greater degree than was the case when they took over from the Labour government:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... rom-abroad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The NHS is facing such a chronic shortage of British nurses that one in four had to be recruited from abroad last year, new figures from the Nursing and Midwifery Council reveal. The shortfall follows cuts in the numbers of training places in each year under the coalition government. As a result, fewer “home-grown” nurses are coming through the system.
It's almost as if the Tories commitment to reducing immigration to the tens of thousands is a complete and utter barefaced lie, isn't it?
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I've used foul language wishing Tories go somewhere they'd not likely choose to go on their own with haste
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

From 2010 -2015, the Coalition government cut nursing training places yearly...
Yes.
This inflicts intentional hurt on country and people.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

are we there yet?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

f
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

gilsey wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:

See above - that was what the govt told them.

edited - quote from my letter
"The lower pension age for women before 2020 inevitably means that the increase is faster so that men and women then have an equal retirement age. If no one's pension age went up by more than a year, men would continue to have a higher pension age, which would be illegal under European and the equalities laws."
My bold.
Poland's just cut women's retirment age 5 years below men's. Going to be fun seeing that unwind.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Press release
Welfare reforms and £330 million employment package start from April 2017

Hypocritical spite and misanthropy.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

A plethora of lies,even in the press release.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

"After Just Ten Weeks, Trump Teeters on the Brink"
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/31/after-ju ... brink.html
It's important to point out that when someone seeks immunity, that isn't a smoking gun that the person committed a wrongdoing. But these words that Flynn said on "Meet the Press" back on Sept. 25, 2016 are going to haunt him and Team Trump: "When you are given immunity, that means you've probably committed a crime."