Tuesday 4th April 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 4th April 2017

Post by tinyclanger2 »

seeingclearly wrote:Well, you are all happy with Brexit and knocking Corbyn, while the true nature of what is happening behind the statistics seems to escape you, even though a stream of excellent posts on the things that are damaging real humans in our country seem to pass you by. I assume from the lack of interest in even discussing such things except in the terms your heavenly twins set that I am in fact persona non grata here, in spite of having been an early member of this site. And in truth I never regarded this as a matter of war, but only of reinhabiting a space lost.

I will admit to not being a 'detail' person, preferring to observe the wood rather than a single tree. But to all those looking at and for statistics rather than people to verify what is happening to us all, I suggest that you look for pieces that explore the articles that recount the ONS difficulties with lack of statistics that should be provided by government, and the frustration of statisticians. I also recommend a visit to the wholly bizarre populist end of the ONS where statistics on everything unuseful and unusable for anything other than amusement can be found.

If I can locate it I wiil post one such frustrated statisticians piece on this subject. If not I will probably stay away until such time as your new leaders provoke me into speaking again.
Brexit has unleashed hatred and division. To me this is imperative; to others not. That's OK. Many issues are important, but to different people in different measure.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

And next year,a targeted removal from those that must have worked.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

... are.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

A bit tired today,been helping next door neighbour with garden which involved a lot of digging,lifting large boulders etc.My terms of hourly fag/tea infusion and home made curry were met.Second day of three.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

HindleA wrote:Depends on what you mean by targeted pension changes,I with no dependents,responsibilities,restrictions etc,would have gained,the vast majority have had theirs gutted.Bereavement pensions are contingent on sufficient NIC on a sliding scale/age of survivor,at least a recognition of decades of contribution-in our case sufficient for a full State pension was acknowledged,despite the propaganda Governments,and particularly Tory ones don't give a stuff about contributions and will limit,deny effect.as appropriate on political machinations.
Targeted stuff that raises the incomes of the poorest. 14% are in poverty.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

From the IFS

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/8942" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This increased benefit to pensioners came at the cost of an increase in spending of roughly £6 billion a year in 2015–16 compared with earnings indexation, and roughly £4 billion relative to CPI indexation, over the period since April 2011.
That's a lot of money. Corners are being cut to make it more affordable- not least from services like social care for pensioners.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Did we have this?
No signed 'future' Brexit deal within two years, says Theresa May
The UK will adopt 'third party status' in order to conduct trade negotiations after the two-year Article 50 process, says the PM.
http://news.sky.com/story/no-signed-fut ... y-10824347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'm clear that by the point at which we leave the EU, it's right that everyone will know what the future arrangement, relationship, partnership between us and EU will be. That's the sensible thing, it's a pragmatic way to look at it."

It is that outline of a future arrangement which will be done in two years, not a signed deal.
This sounds like a bit of a change.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@Tubby to be read ironically as alternative definition of targeting,I would have happened to have gained whilst those needing it more and harder to adjust (the vast majority) lose out and pointing out the NIC contingency thing and further shredding of contributory effect-which is one of my many gripes,not least because the pretence is otherwise.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Marine in English @Marine2017_EN
Smart #protectionism is not about taxing anything and everything, it's clever protectionism concerning effective targets.
Christ, she's shit. I don't know why she doesn't just stick to the racism.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

HindleA wrote:@Tubby to be read ironically as alternative definition of targeting,I would have happened to have gained whilst those needing it more and harder to adjust (the vast majority) lose out and pointing out the NIC contingency thing and further shredding of contributory effect-which is one of my many gripes,not least because the pretence is otherwise.
Don't look at me, I'm buying my contributions!
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

seeingclearly wrote:Well, you are all happy with Brexit
There was me thinking it made a nice change to have (most of) a day here without remoaning!

Here's a great rant on the subject and I'd guess most of us agree with it. Apologies if we've had it before.
Triggering Article 50: A bleak and bitter day for our country
http://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.co. ... itter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@Tubby Excuse my garbled waffling.It made sense in my head,something goes awry on posting.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

As ever
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I was economically inactive=Full time carer and in work.

Stats-eh?
Last edited by HindleA on Tue 04 Apr, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:From the IFS

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/8942" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This increased benefit to pensioners came at the cost of an increase in spending of roughly £6 billion a year in 2015–16 compared with earnings indexation, and roughly £4 billion relative to CPI indexation, over the period since April 2011.
That's a lot of money. Corners are being cut to make it more affordable- not least from services like social care for pensioners.
I think you're stretching it a bit to link elderly social care with the triple lock. Tories have chosen to cut the one and stick with the other for entirely separate reasons imo.

Triple lock's surely irrelevant for the next couple of years at least, inflation will be >2.5% due to the fall in sterling?
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

SH.As I restate no serious person of good faith.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

SpinningHugo wrote:This is not good

http://labourlist.org/2017/04/ken-livin ... ther-year/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You can say that again.

According to Ken he didn't say Hitler was a Zionist.

He said Hitler supported Zionists.

Which for some reason is supposed to be ok.

Plus it was all a plot by Zionist Labour MPs and The Jewish Chronical.

After the verdict he said, to the media, he apologised for the offence Labour MPs caused by claiming he said Hitler was a Zionist when he actually said etc etc....

But apparently peddling anti semitic bullshit is fine in Corbyn's Labour Party.

So Ken - Hitler - Livingstone will be back.

In other news, Corbyn makes a basic factual error on life expectancy, thus derailing his entire speech, and Labour are 20 points behind a mid term, second term utterly shit government.

To quote the great Ed Miliband - Omnishambles.
Release the Guardvarks.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Did we have this?
No signed 'future' Brexit deal within two years, says Theresa May
The UK will adopt 'third party status' in order to conduct trade negotiations after the two-year Article 50 process, says the PM.
http://news.sky.com/story/no-signed-fut ... y-10824347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'm clear that by the point at which we leave the EU, it's right that everyone will know what the future arrangement, relationship, partnership between us and EU will be. That's the sensible thing, it's a pragmatic way to look at it."

It is that outline of a future arrangement which will be done in two years, not a signed deal.
This sounds like a bit of a change.
A bit of a change, in the same way Pompeii was a minor geological incident.

Maybe Fox stating common values with an alleged murderer (in return for a vague sniff of trade) is finally bringing reality home to her.
Release the Guardvarks.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

They've redefined CLP?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

May and her Ministers,continuing on from the previous maladministration repeatedly and knowingly lies in the Commons.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

HindleA wrote:May and her Ministers,continuing on from the previous maladministration repeatedly and knowingly lies in the Commons.
Indeed. Indeed. Indeed. :evil:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not sure if my grammar and sentence construction is correct I am sure that is of great diversionary import.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:To quote the great Ed Miliband - Omnishambles.
Deleted
Which minor mistake, not basic fact checking or allowing Livingstone to carry on, or being 20 points behind in the polls?
Release the Guardvarks.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

violent snowflake‏
@spacecommunism

Follow
More
so WE'RE generation snowflake but just this week generations above us have been "humiliated" by "pink" passports & are upset by "egg hunt"
Well quite.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:To quote the great Ed Miliband - Omnishambles.
Deleted
Which minor mistake, not basic fact checking or allowing Livingstone to carry on, or being 20 points behind in the polls?
Good night.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

UN CRDP.

Link to

List of Issues in relation to initial report of U.K.

http://tbinternet.ohchr.org/_layouts/tr ... /1&Lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited to put in the missing link.
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 05 Apr, 2017 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Read that as " anti semiotic bullshit"

A sign to go to bed.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... port-warns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Public health cuts will lead to more sick people, report warns

Terrible grammar