Wednesday 5th April 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 5th April 2017

Post by HindleA »

http://www.24housing.co.uk/opinion/wast ... r-nothing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wasted Help To Buy: Money for nothing
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Only picking up via twitter-what you cannot irrefutably state is that people moved into work because of the cap,87 % are not expected to work,contrary to propaganda you can be capped in work,sufficient hours exempts you (although shenanigans over open claim to WTC)if you genuinely do,of course you will receive more in benefits.Might as well state people were incentivised to be subject to the cap ie.fluid/changing circumstances.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news ... -uk-raise-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;“hidden”-55-esa-cut-under-25-year-olds-minister

DR UK raise “hidden” 55% ESA cut for under 25 year olds with Minister
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 05 Apr, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Receivers of ESA/UC as of December '16 according to Stat Xplore until your brain explodes 3,686,no further delineation nor age profile as far as I can see/tell.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

HindleA wrote:Only picking up via twitter-what you cannot irrefutably state is that people moved into work because of the cap,87 % are not expected to work,contrary to propaganda you can be capped in work,sufficient hours exempts you (although shenanigans over open claim to WTC)if you genuinely do,of course you will receive more in benefits.Might as well state people were incentivised to be subject to the cap ie.fluid/changing circumstances.
Poor Bruce, though. He looked excited when he thought he'd found a job that would make him better off - before he rang round child minders and discovered literally none of them work on Saturdays and he had to turn it down. Snotty Tory MP who kept popping up to tell us how fair and sensible the benefit cap was probably hadn't thought of that. Alison Garnham from CPAG provided some balance and was very good. Nobody managed to offer a satisfactory explanation as to why kinship carers were subject to the cap.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Pre emptive strike

[youtube]nauLgZISozs[/youtube]
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I refer you to my evidenced based description of Tories.I am rather proud it is far too polite,but why lower yourself to their level.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Reaction so far to Labour's announcement of VAT on private school fees to fund free school meals for all primary pupils has been mixed to say the least.
Laura McInerney‏Verified account
@miss_mcinerney

I mean, if you're going to raise a billion quid from this (which I doubt), you can do better than spend it on sandwiches for the well off
Not the greatest of ideas.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

More from that Godawful facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/519949641500248/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not hard to find anti-Semitism, unchallenged.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:More from that Godawful facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/519949641500248/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Remember how Sqwawkbox was declaring Emily Thornberry was considering challenging Tom Watson and how much support she was getting from Corbyn supporters ?

Have a look at her Facebook page, specifically at the replies to her post where she declares that Livingstone should have been expelled.

Labour's Compliance dept would have a field day with the abuse being aimed at her.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

There's some good news.

George Galloway‏Verified account
@georgegalloway
I have studied @jeremycorbyn attack on Ken today & his reference back to the NEC for a new witch- hunt against him. For me, this is the end.

The end of what?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

RogerOThornhill wrote:Reaction so far to Labour's announcement of VAT on private school fees to fund free school meals for all primary pupils has been mixed to say the least.
@miss_mcinerney

I mean, if you're going to raise a billion quid from this (which I doubt), you can do better than spend it on sandwiches for the well off
And the impact on Pupil Premium which relies on parents signing up for Free School meals could be catastrophic. If you don't have to sign up for a FSM why would you bother?

just gives schools a headache as they have to chase round parents to get them to sign the damn form.

:roll:
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

As always, Andy Jolley is the man to listen to on FSM.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Sam Freedman doesn't think much to a FSM policy either

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

pk1 wrote:

Remember how Sqwawkbox was declaring Emily Thornberry was considering challenging Tom Watson and how much support she was getting from Corbyn supporters ?

Have a look at her Facebook page, specifically at the replies to her post where she declares that Livingstone should have been expelled.

Labour's Compliance dept would have a field day with the abuse being aimed at her.
Dense people on there.

I did find this article though.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/04/opini ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Reaction so far to Labour's announcement of VAT on private school fees to fund free school meals for all primary pupils has been mixed to say the least.
@miss_mcinerney

And the impact on Pupil Premium which relies on parents signing up for Free School meals could be catastrophic. If you don't have to sign up for a FSM why would you bother?

just gives schools a headache as they have to chase round parents to get them to sign the damn form.

:roll:
The SNP has got popular partly through this sort of universalism, maybe that's what they're thinking. But they can explain the money that they don't spend on other, better stuff as "Westminster". That's not going to be open for Labour.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://notthetreasuryview.blogspot.co.u ... elson.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The contradictions of Fraser Nelson

J.Portes.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Journalists seem very sensitive as regards being held to account/challenged on inaccuracies.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

HindleA wrote:Journalists seem very sensitive as regards being held to account/challenged on inaccuracies.
???
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

OpenSeas wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Dense people on there.

I did find this article though.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/04/opini ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why don't they get down to their local CLP? Attend their first ever meeting. Meet some of the people. Their problem is isolation. Bedsit-bound Facebook clicking does not political activism make.

(The Tory voters who joined up as a piss take should probably keep away from the CLPs. It's like that thing where you gatecrash a wedding reception, pretending to be on the guest list.)
Trust a Tory to turn up uninvited, for a freebie..... :lol:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@ pk1

In particular,the incredibly ill-informed Nelson referenced in previous link,but not uncommon.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

pk1 wrote:

Yes, but these people are tolerated by the cabal running the party. Compliance are seen as the enemy because they keep the true believers out. Jackie Walker wasn't barred from holding office in Momentum despite her comments and Labour expulsion. Although she was knifed by Lansmann in his get the imaginary Trots coup.

That Facebook group is a prime example of the dangers of social media bubbles. I loved the guy berating Corbyn for criticising Livingstone.

I have seen some shockingly anti semitic comments from those - of the left in the last day or so. Really offensive stuff, usually of the - it is all a Blairite plot, Ken was just stating facts, what about Israel variety (as if you can't object to Ken and view the government of Israel as behaving unacceptably).

How did we let these people in, and how do we get rid of them? I rather suspect the Internet means we can't.

Incidentally kudos to Angela Rayner, who is the first of the core group to speak up and demand Ken's expulsion.
Release the Guardvarks.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

HindleA wrote:@ pk1

In particular,the incredibly ill-informed Nelson referenced in previous link,but not uncommon.
Yeah. Nelson can sometimes be perceptive, but I don't see why he doesn't just admit he was wrong.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... es-uk-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NHS risking people's health by rationing test strips, Diabetes UK says
Diabetes charity finds patients face restrictions on test strips prescribed, which they need to monitor blood glucose
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Leading to far more expense of course.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

HindleA wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... es-uk-says

NHS risking people's health by rationing test strips, Diabetes UK says
Diabetes charity finds patients face restrictions on test strips prescribed, which they need to monitor blood glucose
The whole diabetes service round here is slowly collapsing as funding is diverted elsewhere. I guess more people will end up in hospital as a result.

A decision so stupid you could stick a blonde wig on it and call it foreign secretary.
Release the Guardvarks.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Indeed.