Saturday 29th April, Sunday 30th April & Monday 1st May 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 29th April, Sunday 30th April & Monday 1st May

Post by gilsey »

howsillyofme1 wrote:Iain Dale just seems to be assuming all the UKIP voters will vote for the Tories....I think this seems to be what is being picked up in the national polling too

Will this actually hold true though when it comes to voting day - especially in Labour areas where ex-UKIP voters may not be so keen on Tory social policies

Will have to watch this space.....
He's got Hartlepool going Tory, I find that very hard to imagine, would be interested to know what Hindle thinks.
I think UKIP could take it.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

It's been said a greater Tory majority won't alter EU 'Brexit' negotiations.
I'm inclined to agree with that.
In d’Ancona's latest daft warbling, he insists a bigger Tory majority will strengthen T May's negotiation stance.
If it doesn't matter how many Tory's sit on T May's front bench, does it matter who gets returned to government at all from the EU's point of view?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Marching for Europe placards:
http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/culture ... -1-4946442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1. EU citizens as bargaining chips
2. Whingeing liberal elitist snowflake (and proud)
3. Brits abroad as bargaining chips
4. More austerity over Brexit fears
5. 5% spike in price of food
6. Hate crime up 50%
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

The Donald:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 10781.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Donald Trump describes US constitution as 'archaic' and 'really bad'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@gilsey
Only now go by what my local correspondent thinks in weekly updates as a 92 year old (remainer,uncommited but usually Labour,liked Mandy(as MP in dealings),not overly fond of the departing Wright,dislikes relentless Corbyn attacks,thinks UKIP have a chance,thinks pressure from them and increasing discord with Wright the reason for his leaving.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:The Donald:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 10781.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Donald Trump describes US constitution as 'archaic' and 'really bad'
Are US Presidents allowed to question the validity of the US Constitution in such a manner? It's treason, isn't it? Some thought did go into setting up checks, balances, what-if-we-inadvertently-elect-a-nut
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

An Ed fan or not, you have to admit that he does do that Twitter rather well...
Ed Miliband‏Verified account @Ed_Miliband 24m24 minutes ago
More
Strong & Stable Gov 1 (2015):PM resigns, manifesto shredded, Scottish independence threat, election called, man buys shed. Fancy the sequel?
:lol:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Mr A's shed is better obv (back by popular demand):
shed.jpg
shed.jpg (159.62 KiB) Viewed 12361 times
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Closing in the polls (real or otherwise) removes any complacency from the blue vote.

BTW I noticed NicholasB was back at the other place last week.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 11006.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Former UK ambassador to Ireland is applying for Irish citizenship because of Brexit
Sir Ivor Roberts says he wants an Irish passport to hold onto his EU citizenship
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Just watching the news, I notice that Theresa May has "absolutely no plans" to raise taxes.

Funny, I seem to recall there being similar...er...promises the last three times they went and raised the rate of VAT afterwards.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Just watching the news, I notice that Theresa May has "absolutely no plans" to raise taxes.

Funny, I seem to recall there being similar...er...promises the last three times they went and raised the rate of VAT afterwards.
not forgetting the absolutely no plan to call a snap election
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

citizenJA wrote:It's been said a greater Tory majority won't alter EU 'Brexit' negotiations.
I'm inclined to agree with that.
In d’Ancona's latest daft warbling, he insists a bigger Tory majority will strengthen T May's negotiation stance.
If it doesn't matter how many Tory's sit on T May's front bench, does it matter who gets returned to government at all from the EU's point of view?
Not sure - they've still got to negotiate with whoever's in charge, so presumably the intended process will stay the same. At the very least they'd get to spend time with Keir Starmer instead of David Davis . Labour's brexit objectives are different to Tories (kind of like Brexit with Benefits), so there should be some differences in approach. I think Labour have said they'd have a meaningful vote at the end of it, presumably with the option of further talks or staying in EU, rather than jump off a cliff. That might affect any 'deal' offered.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/16301054" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Don’t Be Fooled By The Spin - Labour Is Offering A Clear Alternative To A Tory Hard Brexit"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Somehow I fail to find the reassurance in my PM feeling the need to clarify this:
http://www.euronews.com/2017/04/30/ther ... ent-galaxy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’m not in a different galaxy. What this shows is that there are going to be times when these negotiations are going to be tough,” she said.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Have we seen this new Twitter account?

:D
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Hadn't seen this.
Philip Collins‏Verified account @PCollinsTimes Apr 28
More
I am usually a strong defender of politics but this empty, choreographed, stale, boring Tory campaign essentially implies we are all idiots.
Yep.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Hadn't seen this.
Philip Collins‏Verified account @PCollinsTimes Apr 28
More
I am usually a strong defender of politics but this empty, choreographed, stale, boring Tory campaign essentially implies we are all idiots.
Yep.
Tories want people annoyed, fearful, anxious and feeling patronised.
Greater likelihood of many people turning away from any and all political engagement.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

RogerOThornhill wrote:An Ed fan or not, you have to admit that he does do that Twitter rather well...
More
Strong & Stable Gov 1 (2015):PM resigns, manifesto shredded, Scottish independence threat, election called, man buys shed. Fancy the sequel?
Then you read the responses from young 'Lydia Suffield' and see why he didn't win.

TL DR: People are selfish c**ts.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

It will backfire
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

NonOxCol wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:An Ed fan or not, you have to admit that he does do that Twitter rather well...
More
Then you read the responses from young 'Lydia Suffield' and see why he didn't win.

TL DR: People are selfish c**ts.
I agree but take consolation it's only a few dozen people tops posting crap like that
It's objective is demoralisation, nothing more, nothing less
The more knowledge, information we learn opens up hope, different ideas, ways to counter the tedious lulling
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Apparently Ian Hislop called out BBC pro-Tory bias on HIGNFY this weekend! A clear indicator of how far it's sunk since 2010.

Can I also recommend the Twitter feed of 'Stabledoor Metaphor', particularly a long thread from
last night (Sat) about why 'strong and stable' will resonate with a certain kind of voter.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Somehow I fail to find the reassurance in my PM feeling the need to clarify this:
http://www.euronews.com/2017/04/30/ther ... ent-galaxy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’m not in a different galaxy. What this shows is that there are going to be times when these negotiations are going to be tough,” she said.
Image "imgur"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I've nothing to offer besides a hope that you all might eventually become sane.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 06826.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bed-ridden stroke victim told to use food banks after DWP admin error leaves him without benefit
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/t ... o-10329116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thousands of people who score 'zero points' for disability benefit win fight to get it back

More than 13,000 people rejected for disability benefit after scoring "zero points" on their assessment have had the decision overturned, new figures show.

Campaigners warn Anybody that has followed from initial conception warned the inevitable consequence would be an assessment process for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) which is "broken" and has "deep and widespread" failures.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Jeremy Cliffe from the Economist tweets about May and Junker's pre-negotiations - a long twitter stream, the only way I can get it all in the link is to pull up his standard stream so go to the bottom and work your way up

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeremyCliffe/
"I leave Downing St ten times as sceptical as I was before" Juncker told May as he left
(That is far from the worst of it)
I still believe in a town called Hope
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Among the articles linked to further above, the other point to make about negotiations is the idea that leaving the EU has never been the point of this, it was just a step on the way. The point was destroying the 20th century welfare state and wider social contract - privatising or just abolishing every aspect of social security except to a level a long way below the bare minimum, introducing insurance based healthcare, removing employment protection. This is what labour should be campaigning about - we know these negotiations are going to fail, so let's be loud and clear about where that will lead.
I still believe in a town called Hope
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... ing-16-17/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Inappropriate to use the Local Housing Allowance rate, says Committee

The Government should scrap plans to base rent allowances for supported housing tenants on rates used for claimants in the private rented sector, the Work and Pensions and Communities and Local Government Committees conclude in a joint report on the future of supported housing.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/housing-net ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ig-economy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... nce-16-17/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gig economy" companies free-riding on the welfare state

Benefit cap "starting to bite" across Britain

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... nce-16-17/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"As the benefit cap starts to bite across Britain it looks from the evidence we’ve seen so far like a drastic cut to income for people who are really unable to cut their living costs any further. The evidence does not show us that being plunged further into poverty encourages or helps people to find work, and the vast majority of those hit by this cut are already recognised as unable to work at the moment. It is very hard to see any benefit from the benefit cap."
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Salivating ignorant twattism is popular"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

adam wrote:Jeremy Cliffe from the Economist tweets about May and Junker's pre-negotiations - a long twitter stream, the only way I can get it all in the link is to pull up his standard stream so go to the bottom and work your way up

"I leave Downing St ten times as sceptical as I was before" Juncker told May as he left
This is from February but explains May's delusion very well.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Good Morfternoon

(Bank holiday cover for PorFavor)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

HindleA wrote:"Salivating ignorant twattism is popular"
Though an interesting - and widely missed - detail from recent polling is that benefit cuts are becoming *less* popular.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Think I'd better take a break from doing crosswords for a bit,trying to work out the answer to "semi-skimmed milk"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

HindleA wrote:
Benefit cap "starting to bite" across Britain

"As the benefit cap starts to bite across Britain it looks from the evidence we’ve seen so far like a drastic cut to income for people who are really unable to cut their living costs any further. The evidence does not show us that being plunged further into poverty encourages or helps people to find work, and the vast majority of those hit by this cut are already recognised as unable to work at the moment. It is very hard to see any benefit from the benefit cap."
Utterly damning from the committee, hope we hear plenty more about it from Labour.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... ing-16-17/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apologies if Hindle's already posted this link.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/john-he ... mg00000004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Country’s 11Million Private Renters Need A Consumer Rights Revolution - Labour Will Give It To Them
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

adam wrote:Jeremy Cliffe from the Economist tweets about May and Junker's pre-negotiations - a long twitter stream, the only way I can get it all in the link is to pull up his standard stream so go to the bottom and work your way up

Here it is in 1 - 30 & it's absolutely extraordinary :shock:

pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

20 years ago today, millions were electing Labour to oust the Tories.
Attachments
18198303_414530005572778_8259910055978694376_n.jpg
18198303_414530005572778_8259910055978694376_n.jpg (76.23 KiB) Viewed 12030 times
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Ex-Manchester United defender, Patrice Evra, has a message of cheer for everyone:

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

We could certainly have done with him at his peak this season!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... t-midlands" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tory candidate defends spending up to £1m on West Midlands mayor campaign
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:We could certainly have done with him at his peak this season!
Quite. Gawd only knows how we get through to the end of this maddest of seasons with no fit defenders & Rashford taking all the set plays despite having the far better free-kick & corner taker, Rooney, on the pitch :?
pressureuk
Backbencher

Post by pressureuk »

citizenJA wrote:
"Unlike “affordable”, “social” or “key worker” schemes, municipal housing was intended to be universal, and for 35 years has been under continual attack. Private renting, in hugely insecure circumstances is increasingly dominant in the big cities. ...return to unambiguous, publicly owned council housing, available to everyone who wants and needs it, rather than those with the time for housing co-ops or the wherewithal for community land trusts. ...build the sort of democratic structures of collective ownership...."
- Owen Hatherley
I've been told by a number of people that I don't 'deserve' my council flat and that 'these places should be for vulnerable people only'. I tried to explain that having whole estates full of vulnerable people usually end up as sink estates and that having a mixture of people was better.

Next I was told I should be paying 2/3 of my salary for something further out of town like everyone else. I asked why me paying more rent and therefore having less to spend in the economy a good thing? ::silence::

Naturally these same people are paying less than me for a mortgage on their own larger place, bought with help from rich parents. :toss:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

seeingclearly wrote:
HindleA wrote:Not wheelchair accessible

Looks likes a portaloo with pretensions to me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-afternoon, everyone
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Average weekly take-away outlet leaflet update: 3.2 (a rise of .3 on same week last year)
Charity bag steady at 3
solar panels drop to .6
double glazing .4
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Everybody enjoying the sunny weather then, I assume?

It went cloudy here just a few minutes ago.......