Tuesday 2nd May 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 2nd May 2017

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Do Mark Zuckerberg’s latest Facebook updates show presidential ambition?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/sho ... hite-house" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Fuck.
Every time things start going well here.
They stop again.
You got something against consistency, then?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Good point.
We need strong and stable bollocks.
All day. Every day.
Right here. And Right now.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Hold on:
George Osborne's Evening Standard editorial says PM's election campaign 'amounts to no more than a slogan'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05 ... -election/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George Osborne's first editorial in the London Evening Standard has suggested that Theresa May's election campaign "amounts to no more than a slogan".

The newspaper's leader piece brands Brexit an "historic mistake" and warns the country to prepare "for more tough days ahead as reality bites."
It also attacks claims made about the strength of Britain’s hand ahead of the Brexit negotiations as “unrealistic”.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Human beings often don't act in their own best interests in many matters. We're each of us living within social, economic,
political environments and we're not independent actors existing apart from structures working on us. Different countries
decide what's allowed and what's not.

The UK allows private entities a huge amount of freedom within national borders. Public relations, advertising, political
action committees, non-profits, charities get to use their resources to influence individual people, influence government
decision-making. The amount of money spent on sophisticated psychological manipulation is huge, selling people
products, ideas, celebrities, politicians, sport, travel, training and education.

People can be influenced into believing what their own experiences and day-to-day reality may contradict. It's not
stupidity, it's part of what it is to be human. We've imagination and curiosity. We'll believe abstractions. We're
story-tellers and listeners.

Our natural altruism, our willingness to cooperate with each other achieving a collective goal is as powerful as
our will to dominate others, keeping more than enough while others have none. The story told is people without
deserve their lack, people with a lot deserve their gain. It's the work of society, community made of individuals,
government deciding what's allowed and what's not allowed.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

The article itself:
http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comme ... 28416.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No one should assume that the referendum gave a mandate to the Government to answer any of these questions about Britain’s future. It did not. A general election victory for the Conservatives could provide more of a mandate, but only if the Prime Minister and her colleagues spell out in much more detail what their intentions are.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

It's enough to make me yearn for a pasty:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 13951.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Prime Minister eating a chip with complete revulsion PA Wire/PA Images
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Still, lesson learned. There is no confirmed evidence that in her brief trip to a chippy in a Cornish fishing village, the Prime Minister either met or spoke to a normal, member of the public. But the trio of chip pictures will be enough.

Tomorrow morning, expect her to be re-hermetically sealed in some factory or other nowhere near you.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

She was near me recently,I didn't know until after,she didn't know where she was.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 13311.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reporters 'locked in room and banned from filming' on Theresa May factory visit
'The level of media control here is far and above anything I've seen before,' says journalist
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

In the photo' that I saw (Guardian) Theresa May was holding the chips in one hand, and a cup of coffee in the other. She didn't think that one through, I thought meself, I thought.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 13311.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reporters 'locked in room and banned from filming' on Theresa May factory visit
'The level of media control here is far and above anything I've seen before,' says journalist
Well, water ma trout! Would you Adam and Eve it?
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Temulkar wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:The polls are no measure of competence in the job

What the electorate are looking at escapes me

Polls suggest May is considered the 'best' PM since records began.......i assume you agree with that

I personally think the electorate are wrong just as I think they were on Brexit and during the years under Thatcher.....

I assume again you agree with their decisions?

The electorate decide who wins the election, just like they did when UKIP received the most votes in the EP election

I don't see that as being a measure of the competence or capabilityu of a leader or a party

I of course don't think that about May. You're being silly.

I am afraid I think Corbyn is a bit dim. Not a flexible thinker. Two indications of this

1. He has been consistently hopeless at pmqs

2. He is completely humourless

That he is useless is not on its own a sufficient reason for not voting Labour. Rather I don't share his long-standing views on, say, the EU, Putin, NATO, the IRA etc. McDonnell is very able but I wouldn't vote for a party led by him either.
1. the first assertion is complete horse shit, even against Cameron he held his own, and he has destroyed May time and time again. I watch it regularly.

2. Again an assertion without any factual basis, anyone who saw him reading Were going on a Bear Hunt to a bunch of kids like an expert can see that he has humour and wit enough to engage them, something most politicians fail disastrously with. Anyone who has seen him interviewed can see he has a dry wicked sense of humour - unless of course you're willfully blind or a tory stooge.

1. Well, it is a view. These things are, of course, matters of opinion. I'd suggest however that my view represents the overwhelming consensus (outside the Canary and CorbynSuperFan). A conspiracy, no doubt.

2. I am afraid I would deny all of that. He is personally quite nice, even if he does hold views I think are barmy. And so he was able to read the children's story nicely, a good sign of humanity. He is no wit however, and has never said anything funny ever of which I am aware. See also PMQs where his complete inability to think on his feet means he never asks a follow up question, sticking doggedly to Milne's script for him.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:I think that most people actually support a "no first use" policy on nukes. Fallon certainly does not speak for even all Tories with his neanderthal take on this.
First use doctrine was a NATO position to deter conventional war in Europe by the Soviet Union, given the perceived superiority of their army. I think it still exists, and America definitely retains it as an option.

I suspect the circumstances under which first use could be invoked by the UK only are tiny.

There is a great article here.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... an/499676/
Release the Guardvarks.
Tizme
Backbencher

Post by Tizme »

They stop again.
Seems a good point for me to drop in and cause further confusion to a Coalition of Chaos. ;)

Greetings all.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Tizme wrote:
They stop again.
Seems a good point for me to drop in and cause further confusion to a Coalition of Chaos. ;)

Greetings all.
A party-mate of Hugo :D

welcome back :clap:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

so anyway:
https://www.indy100.com/article/europea ... le-7712966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The lead Brexit negotiator is trolling Theresa May

There's a couple of mild, no big deal events, going on this year. One of them is the beginning of the process to remove of the UK from the European Union - and the other is a general election.

Theresa May has an interesting approach to campaigning, instead of actually answering questions or making any policy promises, she just seems to be repeating "strong and stable" government over and over again.

The soundbite has become a symbol for mockery for a number of British people.
Tizme
Backbencher

Post by Tizme »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
Tizme wrote:
They stop again.

Greetings all.
A party-mate of Hugo :D

welcome back :clap:
Thank you. We all have our crosses to bear.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

We don't want no coalition of chaos.
We want cake and the finest wines known to humanity
We want them here.
And we want them now.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

SpinningHugo wrote:
Temulkar wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:

1. Well, it is a view. These things are, of course, matters of opinion. I'd suggest however that my view represents the overwhelming consensus (outside the Canary and CorbynSuperFan). A conspiracy, no doubt.
Hmmm - Hugo, CorbynSuperFan is an awesome parody, as you well know.
Release the Guardvarks.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... wance-dies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man who campaigned against cut in widowed parent's allowance dies
Father of two’s death weeks after changes came into force means his family is entitled to £50,000 less than if he had died before 5 April

RIP
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Ever increasing degrees of evil.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

welliebot.jpg
welliebot.jpg (52.48 KiB) Viewed 15084 times
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=there ... uepJUuaMWM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robert Peston‏Verified account
@Peston

Worth reading
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
Tizme
Backbencher

Post by Tizme »

tinyclanger2 wrote:We don't want no coalition of chaos.
We want them here.
And we want them now.

Damn. I've forgotten how to post images. You'll just have to take my word for it that I have conjured up some delicious looking cakes and fine wines for our delight. And rest assured, they are all strong and stable.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Tizme wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:We don't want no coalition of chaos.
We want them here.
And we want them now.

Damn. I've forgotten how to post images. You'll just have to take my word for it that I have conjured up some delicious looking cakes and fine wines for our delight. And rest assured, they are all strong and stable.

Thanks - but I've just over-indulged by eating two custard tarts in quick succession!
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/c ... eadership/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When the Tory MP said for the second time that Ms May offers "strong and stable leadership" for the future, Clive said: "Are we actually stable now? We have a leader, Theresa May, and some would say this is probably the most unstable the country has been in decades.

"Wouldn't it be more stable not to have a General Election?"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39730467" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Strong.
And.
Stable.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Fuerte y estable.
Stark und stabil.
Solide et stable.
Forte e stabile.
Forte e estável.

etc etc
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Anyone here feeling weak and wobbly?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Didn't Coalition of Chaos support the Sex Pistols in the early punk days?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexspence/the ... .qrem73Dwl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Theresa May Hit Back At George Osborne's Claim That She's Got Nothing But Slogans... With A Slogan
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

The Donaeld:
Donaeld The Unready‏ @donaeldunready 9h9 hours ago

Osbjorn has taken up Standard, first day but already doing great job- already plans to make tapestry for it- GREAT! More embroidering truth!
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

SS moustache:
ss moustache.jpg
ss moustache.jpg (6.46 KiB) Viewed 14989 times
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

I am grimly imagining the Labour Party wrap for the day. Perhaps unfairly I envisage a slightly hassled middle aged man or woman saying something like this.

"Hello everybody, so you remember after Dawn Butler's interview and Jeremy's Trident question we asked you to prepare properly for media interviews. Well it seems that Diane didn't read the memo and there was a tiny problem this morning. So anyway I will just leave that out there and move on to the next subject

Now as you will know ICM have claimed polling shows Theresa May has run the best campaign so far. This is I admit a bit of a shock as most media observers had concluded she was behaving like a terrified hermit with an extreme case of agrophobia. However we conclude from this that Lynton is clearly a genius, so we are going to try something.

Broadband and mobile coverage in this country is shocking, so to highlight this Diane is going to tour 35 notspots, one a day where you cannot get a mobile, WiFi or broadband service. She will speak to invited audiences in village halls. Now since we expect this to be hugely popular, for reasons of crowd safety, we have booked the venues under the name Childs Party Milne Family.

Finally to come back to my original point, there are still some supporting speaker slots open on this tour, so if you don't want one please read and learn your brief before the interview."
Release the Guardvarks.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

SS bouncy castle:
SS bouncy castle.jpg
SS bouncy castle.jpg (6.94 KiB) Viewed 14978 times
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

the Bristol:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/p ... a-10342884" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mrs May had an unwelcoming committee to greet her with chants of "Tory, Tory, Tory, scum, scum, scum" as she arrived in Bristol
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

That Europe:
http://www.pravdareport.com/opinion/col ... esa_may-0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The British Prime Minister adopts a puerile, nonsensical, shallow, unprofessional and insulting approach to politics at the highest level by reiterating soundbites
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... om-subsidy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HB Bulletin U1/2017: Upper Tribunal decision concerning spare room subsidy

IE carry on ,Gov.appealing to C of A.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

HindleA wrote:https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... om-subsidy

HB Bulletin U1/2017: Upper Tribunal decision concerning spare room subsidy

IE carry on ,Gov.appealing to C of A.
On 27 April, the tribunal found against the Department and ruled that it is
able to grant a remedy. It decided that it has jurisdiction to recalculate the
Carmichael’s Housing Benefit back to April 2013, without making the
Removal of the Spare Room Subsidy deduction.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Department appealing the decision
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Repeat,as to why

https://nearlylegal.co.uk/housing-law-all/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The DWP might have thought they were seeking to close off one form of FTT decision rejecting bedroom tax decisions, but the result has been an Upper Tribunal decision opening up a whole fresh set of powers for the FTT, not just on the bedroom tax but across a whole range of benefit related secondary legislation.

Where a tribunal finds that the operation of such secondary legislation results in a breach of human rights, it can disapply or ‘not give effect’ to the relevant part of those regulations so as to avoid the breach.

This, surely, is a horrible prospect for the DWP…"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Where's the money coming from?"
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

HindleA wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... wance-dies

Man who campaigned against cut in widowed parent's allowance dies
Father of two’s death weeks after changes came into force means his family is entitled to £50,000 less than if he had died before 5 April

RIP
May the merit of his actions be multiplied ten thousandfold. Blessings for his life.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

HindleA wrote:Repeat,as to why

https://nearlylegal.co.uk/housing-law-all/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The DWP might have thought they were seeking to close off one form of FTT decision rejecting bedroom tax decisions, but the result has been an Upper Tribunal decision opening up a whole fresh set of powers for the FTT, not just on the bedroom tax but across a whole range of benefit related secondary legislation.

Where a tribunal finds that the operation of such secondary legislation results in a breach of human rights, it can disapply or ‘not give effect’ to the relevant part of those regulations so as to avoid the breach.

This, surely, is a horrible prospect for the DWP…"
To quote the great Al Murray's pub landlord.

Oh dear, what a shame, nevermind.
Release the Guardvarks.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... orced-have" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tory candidates are being ordered to have Theresa May's name on their election billboards.

The move is a clear sign of Tory bosses' confidence that Mrs May is a huge vote-winner in the upcoming election.
Group of women in a pub (not metropolitan elite pub) last week talking about how they were going to vote for May because she was doing a "great job" and "smiled" (not like "that left lot").
theresachips_qzmlpr.png
theresachips_qzmlpr.png (227.11 KiB) Viewed 14837 times
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

tinyclanger2 wrote:
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... orced-have" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tory candidates are being ordered to have Theresa May's name on their election billboards.

The move is a clear sign of Tory bosses' confidence that Mrs May is a huge vote-winner in the upcoming election.
Group of women in a pub (not metropolitan elite pub) last week talking about how they were going to vote for May because she was doing a "great job" and "smiled" (not like "that left lot").
theresachips_qzmlpr.png
Bonkers isn't it. She has no charisma, she has no charm, she appears somewhat dim and robotic on the issues of the day. She exudes the empathy of a vulture and, if you want to be trivial, has a very awkward posture. Her smile rather reminds me of something out of the Rocky Horror show.

Yet she is hugely popular with the general public. Yes the opposition is a bit shit, but even so I don't get it.
Release the Guardvarks.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Toyah on May's deeply puzzling popularity:

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Toyah on May's deeply puzzling popularity:

I shall henceforward think of her as Theretha May. Sthrong and Sthable.
Last edited by PorFavor on Tue 02 May, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

stuff costs more and people can't be arsed offering us options because of Brexit uncertainty and pound tanking.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/micr ... source=rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;