Wednesday 3rd May 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 3rd May 2017

Post by SpinningHugo »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Let's also remember that most pollsters made their methodologies significantly more pro-Tory following the last GE, in response to their supposed failings then.

This may prove justified now, or it could turn out to have been an example of "fighting the last war".
I am not sure that makes much difference now the polls have shifted.

The big adjustment most have made is to ask people how they voted last time and make an adjustment back towards that figure, it isn't a "give the Tories a bit more" adjustment. I'd have to look back at the raw numbers, but I doubt that is hurting Labour much under the current polling numbers.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

http://newsthump.com/2017/05/03/bad-thi ... hancellor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“I know we’ve said many times during those seven years that we would make everything better – and we haven’t done that – but again, and I do hate to sound like a stuck record, but that’s Labour’s fault.

“Let’s not focus on the specifics of why it’s Labour’s fault, because then you’ll realise you’ve had seven years of us saying we know what the problem is and how to fix it, and haven’t actually fixed the problem.

“So, I reiterate, it’s all Labour’s fault. Unless it’s good news, then that bit was all us.”

:lol!:
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Calling out the BBC is arguably even better :)

I see that yesterday's thread concluded with one of Kuennservativeberg's most egregious and shameless Twitter fibs yet.

She is being slaughtered, absolutely slaughtered, for it in the comments underneath - several taking pains to point out "I'm no Corbyn fan, but....."

Are at least some people finally waking up?
Not to put too fine a point on it, that really was a fucking shocker, wasn't it? Even for her. Not even remotely excusable.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

NonOxCol wrote:

I see that yesterday's thread concluded with one of Kuennservativeberg's most egregious and shameless Twitter fibs yet.

She is being slaughtered, absolutely slaughtered, for it in the comments underneath - several taking pains to point out "I'm no Corbyn fan, but....."

Not to put too fine a point on it, that really was a fucking shocker, wasn't it? Even for her. Not even remotely excusable.
The point is, in some narrow technical legalistic sense it might be "justifiable".

But everybody who has been paying even cursory attention to the Tory/Labour campaigns will know that any suggestion they have been "the same" is palpable dribble.

So it is hard to see that tweet as anything other than a deliberate and calculated attempt to mislead.

Which, to state the obvious, is not what the BBC should be about.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

SpinningHugo wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:I thought "too high" there was referring to the Tory figure - I suspect 45% will be tough for them to achieve on the day.

17 points is a return to around the levels we saw before the election was called.

The bigger worry for Labour is the polls being wrong again because of the terrible answers to the "leader" and "economy" questions. But I suppose the polling companies have made even bigger moves to try and correct for that.

Dan Hodges (I know) asks a good question when he says he wants to know why Labour's headline number is the same as in 2015 in the light of the doorstep being more negative. I suspect there must be a fair number voting reluctantly because they dont want a huge Tory majority (ie people a bit like me).

The whole election feels weird to me. Phoney.
Dan Hodges is a Grade 1 twat

From your reply it suggests that you are only voting Green because you are voting for someone else other than Tory reluctantly in order to prevent a big majority

So if you had no constraints you would be voting Tory?

Also, how does voting Green in anyway effect a Tory majority?
ScarletGas
Committee Chair

Post by ScarletGas »

SpinningHugo wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:I thought "too high" there was referring to the Tory figure - I suspect 45% will be tough for them to achieve on the day.

17 points is a return to around the levels we saw before the election was called.

The bigger worry for Labour is the polls being wrong again because of the terrible answers to the "leader" and "economy" questions. But I suppose the polling companies have made even bigger moves to try and correct for that.

Dan Hodges (I know) asks a good question when he says he wants to know why Labour's headline number is the same as in 2015 in the light of the doorstep being more negative. I suspect there must be a fair number voting reluctantly because they dont want a huge Tory majority (ie people a bit like me).

How the hell does Dan F Hodges know what's happening on the doorstep?

He is never out of Westminster or a Sky TV studio!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I think he has done one or two John Harris style "safari trips" outside the M25, with equally predictable - and risible, to anybody who actually knows these areas - results.
ScarletGas
Committee Chair

Post by ScarletGas »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:I think he has done one or two John Harris style "safari trips" outside the M25, with equally predictable - and risible, to anybody who actually knows these areas - results.
Outside the M25 eh?

That must of confused him!
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Just a quick comment about the polls

We have to remember these are being fought on old boundaries and so Labour don't need to win the election and have a higher % to damage the Tories

A 7% lead only gave them a small majority and if Labour can get a few % more than current polls and the LD can get some seats off the Tories in the South then her actual majority may not be as big as some are predicting here

Big poll leads in campaigns do not necessarily translate into big majorities on polling day

I still think May will increase her majority but it is not quite as straightforward for the Tories as some would have you believe
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

NonOxCol wrote:

I got stoned and I missed it. (Well, I missed it anyway.) Any chance of a lazy idiot's guide, please? I'd like to know what everyone's talking about (and I'm not on "Twitter"). I've tried, and failed, to find it.

NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

For PorFavor:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

For non-Twitterers
Kuenssberg (2).PNG
Kuenssberg (2).PNG (48.23 KiB) Viewed 12615 times
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:

Dan Hodges is a Grade 1 twat

From your reply it suggests that you are only voting Green because you are voting for someone else other than Tory reluctantly in order to prevent a big majority

So if you had no constraints you would be voting Tory?

Also, how does voting Green in anyway effect a Tory majority?
No. I am passionately opposed to almost all the policies the Tories are pursuing. So, I disagree with them on

1. Brexit

2. Austerity

3. Education

4. The justice system

5. Distribution of wealth to the poorest

6. Immigration

7. The Environment

And a host of other things. As indeed anyone reading what I write here with an ounce of good faith would realise.

However, I am not voting for a party

1. Led by the former Chair of the Stop the War Coalition. I have listed many times Corbyn's attitudes to the IRA and other things that mean I cannot support a party led by him

2. A party, like Labour, that just voted under a three line whip for Brexit without conditions.

So, given my opposition to Tory policies, how I feel about Brexit, and many other things, the Green party are a much better fit for me.

Again, that you think I am indistinguishable from a Tory says, I think, rather a lot about you and people like you.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-afternoon, everyone
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@NonOxCol and Willow904

Thank you.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

May has gone full tinfoil. Dacre would approve.

She has said all along that she intends to get the best deal. Is she now saying that won't happen because of those pesky Europeans?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://andrewpurkis.wordpress.com/2017 ... le-status/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charity Commission urged to review IEA’s charitable status
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

StephenDolan wrote:May has gone full tinfoil. Dacre would approve.

She has said all along that she intends to get the best deal. Is she now saying that won't happen because of those pesky Europeans?

Right now I think I'd vote for Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz over Theresa May. At least the hyperspace expressway would bring us a swift end.

I'd even choose his poetry over her election broadcast.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Ian Dunt "not impressed"

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I can only assume that Theresa May has something sinister in line for us all. She's likely (certain, we're led to believe) to win some sort of reasonable majority so why this appeal to voters via this "evil foreigners\plucky Brits" crap? She obviously wants an enormous majority for reasons I don't like to guess at. The size of the majority is obviously more important to her than keeping good (or even goodish) relations with the EU which, after all, she'll have to continue "negotiating" with (should she win in June), General Election notwithstanding.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Though an intriguing take on this is that she now knows there WILL have to be a deal (irrespective of the "WE CAN JUST WALK AWAY" bravado so many Brexiters indulge in)

Today's fulminating is, on that reading, a way of obfuscating this. Though even I will admit that Juncker is not an easy figure to love......
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

May expected to challenge right of EU citizens to bring family to Britain

"The inclusion of family immigration rights in the Brexit negotiating guidelines by the European commission sees it as
its responsibility to preserve all existing rights for EU citizens living in Britain even if those rights clash with UK law.

But Conservatives, including, it is assumed, May, have long wanted to restrict EU citizens’ rights to bring their families to
Britain. In a major speech on Europe in 2014, David Cameron said ministers had to “deal with the extraordinary situation”
whereby it was easier for an EU citizen to bring a non-EU spouse to Britain, than it was for a British citizen to do the same.
Tory ministers have long bridled at the fact that the EU’s freedom of movement rules have prevented them from extending
the family migration rule to EU citizens living in Britain."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ses-brexit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's dishonest as hell treating the EU's position as something new and arduous inflicted on the UK and implying the EU stopped the UK exercising control over what's always been within the remit of UK government. The UK could have implemented what other EU nations have in regards to EU nationals and their non-EU family members. Tory government have had seven years to implement any rules already allowed by the EU, they didn't. The UK position now is seeking retroactively altering the status of EU nationals and their families already living, working, studying in the UK.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Dave's speech in 2014 is a nasty reminder of a favourite Tory strategy, blaming the EU. It undermined his 'Remain' position in the EU referendum in 2016.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:I can only assume that Theresa May has something sinister in line for us all. She's likely (certain, we're led to believe) to win some sort of reasonable majority so why this appeal to voters via this "evil foreigners\plucky Brits" crap? She obviously wants an enormous majority for reasons I don't like to guess at. The size of the majority is obviously more important to her than keeping good (or even goodish) relations with the EU which, after all, she'll have to continue "negotiating" with (should she win in June), General Election notwithstanding.
She and her Tory party are mostly scared as hell. Frightened people largely removed from regular daily negotiating, cooperating, haggling, arguing, coming to agreements won't make wise or reasonable decisions, they'll say stupid things, their bluster works sometimes domestically, in the small world they live in, when it doesn't, they shut the gates and do whatever it is Tories do to cope behind doors. The nasty strategy T May's Tory government (or any other UK government) won't work on EU nations, it won't even rile them all that much because what can the UK do to 27 EU nations? Seriously, what can Tory government threaten the EU with that won't land themselves, not the EU, in difficulty?
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

I’m making a rare appearance here to put in a word (or several) in support of Hugo’s presence on this forum, mainly because I’m inclined to take him/her/it (I’ll use “they”) at face value. Please bear with me as I set out my reasons.

I suppose I’m a tribal Labour person, but have voted Lib/Lib Dem a couple of times where they seemed the only party likely to have any chance of defeating the right wing Tory in my constituency at the time. (Think Neil Marten and John Redwood for a flavour of what I mean – for they were the ones!) I was happy with Blair, although increasingly less so as time went on. “Rather my Tory than yours”, was a retort often given to my friends and colleagues – I am by profession an accountant, so their politics would come as no surprise.

It seems to me that Hugo would perhaps recognise this as being similar to their path so far.

Where we start to differ is that I thought Ed Miliband, a thoughtful and decent man, could have been a good PM, certainly better than Cameron and May. We come together again with first impressions of Corbyn: I agree that Corbyn doesn’t have the quickness of thought to exploit unexpected opportunities in PMQs, for instance, or that some of his back story gives an open goal to opponents with no concerns about motives or scruples about personal attacks. I haven’t found him particularly inspiring personally or a great selector of talent for his team – although he’s not had a lot to pick from!

But (and there’s always a “but”), I have mentioned before that my current home is in May’s constituency. I’ve met her on several occasions and she is a wooden as she seems. “Strong and stable”, “coalition of chaos” and “a vote for me” have moved me from being close to despairing about Labour under Corbyn, to feeling that the contrast between her mindless repetition of slogans and his comfortable demeanour on the stump might just swing a few people around. Probably not enough though.

To return to my point, I think we have to ignore the slightly offensive tone Hugo adopts at times and focus on the contribution. They provide a necessary counterbalance to those of us who see good only in Labour and bad only in the Conservatives - although I would prefer to see a bit of the knocking of the former transferred to the latter! They are provocative and draw out strong responses at times, but, despite this, their contribution is, in my view, valuable.

Thanks for reading, if you’ve got this far. I’ll now withdraw into the shadows again!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

No problem, nothing wrong with that contribution at all. And fascinating to see the suspicions of some about our PM confirmed!

Despite my frequent (and at times heated) disagreements with SH, I have never presumed they were/are a Tory*. They obviously regard themselves as being from a left/centre-left tradition, and I know a few people IRL with a similar worldview (some are - like Hugo - ex-Labour, others are still party members)

When he lays off the sneering (and the sometimes unfortunate habit of doing it at very much the wrong moment) he can have genuinely interesting stuff to contribute.

(* I know the rejoinder of some to this will be "so why do they spend all their time attacking Labour/Corbyn, then? Because that's what the Blairite -
for genuine want of a better term - persuasion tend to *do*)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

David Allen Green‏ @davidallengreen 8m8 minutes ago
More
Good luck with Brexit with May in charge, Brexiteers.

Genuinely cannot see how any Remainer could do more to sabotage a successful Brexit.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Also has to be remembered that it is May that is making this election all about Brexit.

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

What with these and UTCs, you can see why they constantly talk up a few Free Schools.

FE Week‏
@FEWeek

Follow
More
Sixteenth studio school confirms it will close
What a mess.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

notnowsonny wrote:I’m making a rare appearance here to put in a word (or several) in support of Hugo’s presence on this forum, mainly because I’m inclined to take him/her/it (I’ll use “they”) at face value. Please bear with me as I set out my reasons.

I suppose I’m a tribal Labour person, but have voted Lib/Lib Dem a couple of times where they seemed the only party likely to have any chance of defeating the right wing Tory in my constituency at the time. (Think Neil Marten and John Redwood for a flavour of what I mean – for they were the ones!) I was happy with Blair, although increasingly less so as time went on. “Rather my Tory than yours”, was a retort often given to my friends and colleagues – I am by profession an accountant, so their politics would come as no surprise.

It seems to me that Hugo would perhaps recognise this as being similar to their path so far.

Where we start to differ is that I thought Ed Miliband, a thoughtful and decent man, could have been a good PM, certainly better than Cameron and May. We come together again with first impressions of Corbyn: I agree that Corbyn doesn’t have the quickness of thought to exploit unexpected opportunities in PMQs, for instance, or that some of his back story gives an open goal to opponents with no concerns about motives or scruples about personal attacks. I haven’t found him particularly inspiring personally or a great selector of talent for his team – although he’s not had a lot to pick from!

But (and there’s always a “but”), I have mentioned before that my current home is in May’s constituency. I’ve met her on several occasions and she is a wooden as she seems. “Strong and stable”, “coalition of chaos” and “a vote for me” have moved me from being close to despairing about Labour under Corbyn, to feeling that the contrast between her mindless repetition of slogans and his comfortable demeanour on the stump might just swing a few people around. Probably not enough though.

To return to my point, I think we have to ignore the slightly offensive tone Hugo adopts at times and focus on the contribution. They provide a necessary counterbalance to those of us who see good only in Labour and bad only in the Conservatives - although I would prefer to see a bit of the knocking of the former transferred to the latter! They are provocative and draw out strong responses at times, but, despite this, their contribution is, in my view, valuable.

Thanks for reading, if you’ve got this far. I’ll now withdraw into the shadows again!
I agree in principle. But it is a fact that many people have been driven away by Hugo (though, to be fair, not him alone). If he doesn't intend that, that's one thing; if he does it's another. How can we ever know?

Either way I have to confess to a feeling of deflation when I return from work to find a Hugo-ridden day compared to a not Hugo-ridden day (though admittedly half the problem lies in the responses to him). Like today for example. It's that tone.

Sorry Hugo - you do bring some interesting points to the board (something I don't pretend to do, being a political airhead). But is it enough to assuage the damage?

What we really need are more voices here. To balance things out a bit. And on that note: Ephemerid et al - would be good if one of you could return daily as special contributor. Now that most of the original nest flyers are at yours you'd only have to be on duty once a quarter or so.

Bargain.

Cheers, TC2
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... l-election" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Theresa May accused European politicians and officials of deliberately misrepresenting the UK position over Brexit in an attempt to affect the result of the general election, as she formally launched the campaign.

Speaking in Downing Street a few minutes after meeting the Queen following the dissolution of parliament, the prime minister said that “some in Brussels” did not want the UK to succeed with Brexit.
And this is some kind of surprise to her?
Sharpest.
Tool.
Drawer.
Not.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Fuck.
Every time I think a Conservative PM has angered me as much as any human being can, another one comes along who does it more.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 15851.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Prime Minister took no questions after her speech to clarify her comments.
It really is like having something out of a sci-fi film run the sodding country.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Johnson - Midwich Cuckoos
May - Dr Who and the Daleks

Others?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Ms May has claimed she “does not recall the account” of her disastrous dinner with the European Commission president in Downing Street last week, where he had reportedly suggested she was “delusional” about Brexit.
If it was me I'd be blaming the Tequila.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/com ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lunch-shaming in schools has no place in the battle against child poverty
Mary O'Hara

(USA)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

(hello Mr Latimer!)
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

tinyclanger2 wrote:

I agree in principle. But it is a fact that many people have been driven away by Hugo (though, to be fair, not him alone). If he doesn't intend that, that's one thing; if he does it's another. How can we ever know?

Either way I have to confess to a feeling of deflation when I return from work to find a Hugo-ridden day compared to a not Hugo-ridden day (though admittedly half the problem lies in the responses to him). Like today for example. It's that tone.

Sorry Hugo - you do bring some interesting points to the board (something I don't pretend to do, being a political airhead). But is it enough to assuage the damage?

What we really need are more voices here. To balance things out a bit. And on that note: Ephemerid et al - would be good if one of you could return daily as special contributor. Now that most of the original nest flyers are at yours you'd only have to be on duty once a quarter or so.

Bargain.

Cheers, TC2

Hello TC2.

I think that most of the original nesters are still here.

Note - the blog isn't mine; it was started on an existing Wordpress account I had, by a bunch of people who had left here and wanted somewhere to get together.
It came about because we were all corresponding by email and it got a bit cumbersome. It made sense to us that we made a place to natter without feeling uncomfortable, which some of us were here.

There are several people who post there regularly who also post here - RobertSnozers, HowSilly, Temulkar, SeeingClearly; Paul; there may be more. I daresay I've forgotten someone.

I can only speak for myself, and as I have told you before in our PMs, this forum has become a place where I no longer feel at home. One of the biggest reasons for that is SH, who has a way of monopolising any thread he deigns to post on and belittling others.
I agree that sometimes the atmosphere is unpleasant because of the replies he attracts - but I can't blame someone for attempting to argue with him. The conversation on ignoring posts one dislikes has been had many times here; it doesn't work for me.

I read the threads here regularly, and as before, I am indebted to HindleA, Roger, AK, and others for their links and expert views.

There are other reasons for not posting here, to do with a few personalities. I won't go into that.

I am not alone in considering SH to be troll. If we really were "speaking in a crowded room" I'd have chinned him a long time ago.

I'm posting this because I have a soft spot for you, TC2. And you deserve an answer to a reasonable question.

Hugs and kisses, Ephie.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10. ... 17.1284053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The UK's planned exit from the EU will leave its national health sector in a very dangerous position. It will also have profound consequences for domestic UK law. The impact may be particularly drastic for patients for whom EU law protects the right to treatment. At a particular risk are patients with rare, ‘orphan’, diseases whose treatments are uniquely enabled at the EU level. We examine the potential effects of Brexit on the orphan sector and identify an opportunity to solve long-standing and intensifying difficulties, especially the pricing of orphan drugs.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Hello Ephemerid!
(I know)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Am just a crazy blind optimist who dreams of a progressive alliance.
At least on the occasions when I don't wake up screaming.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Ouch.
Nick Clegg‏Verified account @nick_clegg 26m26 minutes ago
More
Theresa May's desperate, bizarre statement could have come word for word from Nigel Farage.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/l ... 2d0873d86e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Full list of Labour candidates.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

The Donaeld (illustrated):
Wulfgar the Bard‏
@WulfgarTheBard

Donaeld finds kinging harder than he expected.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

If anybody knew my real personality,intentions and thoroughly debauched lifestyle,I would get banned instantly.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Thanking bins (3) in well timed barricading to stop attempted Tory leafletting,even bins can tell.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/73323/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/73323/1/blogs. ... grants.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
‘What have I done to deserve this?’ The aftershocks of
Brexit for London’s EU migrants

When we asked our research participants, ‘Did you expect the Brexit result?’ most said ‘No’, often emphatically so –
‘Absolutely not’. A very few said that they ‘saw it coming’ but hoped that they are wrong and that the British voters
would not choose something so harmful for both ‘them’ – the Brits – and the immigrants. Our participants, most of
whom had no voting rights (the exception were the Irish), were highly reflective and insightful about British politics,
especially in the contexts of globalisation and the EU. The vote was translated very personally. The immediate
reactions when the result was announced were ‘…shock and horror!…’, like an ‘earthquake’, anger and profound
sadness.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@howsilly sent you a PM as Lenny has gone missing.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

HindleA wrote:@howsilly sent you a PM as Lenny has gone missing.
He never arrived here. I suspect​ the worst. Probably took a wrong turn at Glapwell and is now packing shirts for Sports Direct at Shirebrook without a feather to his name.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/yvette- ... 07580.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Theresa May’s Attack On The EU Is Paranoid If She Believes It And Cynical If She Doesn’t
Too often there is a gap between Theresa May’s rhetoric and the reality. She claimed Parliament was blocking Brexit when in fact three quarters of MPs voted for Article 50. She’s spent years making grand promises on immigration without ever any plan to deliver them - making public anxiety worse as a result. She spent months attacking the European Arrest Warrant only to opt out of it then opt straight back in. She claims she is protecting school budgets when in fact they are being cut. She says she’s helping low income working families, when the IFS confirms they are losing over £2,000 a year each in the next few years.