Tuesday 6th June 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Re: Tuesday 6th June 2017

Post by tinybgoat »

thanks for feedback on ads, sadly now mainly getting retirement adverts, maybe it changes in the evening, but was giving details of school cuts earlier. Hmm, Suppose it could depend on network provider.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cassetteboy on TM
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Social media users mocked the Tories' "strong and stable" slogan after a party advertising van overturned on a windy motorway.
Nobody was injured in the accident.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 76136.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"What Great Britain needs is strong and stable voters."
- Ernst Woltering
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Majority of British voters agree with Corbyn's claim UK foreign policy increases risk of terrorism
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 76276.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

In surprise news, she's now going to tear up human rights laws to protect us from terrorism.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Night night.
Goodnight, PorFavor
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

NonOxCol wrote:In surprise news, she's now going to tear up human rights laws to protect us from terrorism.
Theresa May: “...I can tell you a few of the things I mean by that: I mean longer prison sentences for people convicted of terrorist offences. I mean making it easier for the authorities to deport foreign terror suspects to their own countries. And I mean doing more to restrict the freedom and the movements of terrorist suspects when we have enough evidence to know they present a threat, but not enough evidence to prosecute them in full in court. And if human rights laws stop us from doing it, we will change those laws so we can do it.”
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 75856.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brexit: EU power grab on UK's €930bn clearing business would be ‘severely detrimental to Europe'
FIA has 'grave concerns' that a forced relocation would 'fragment markets, raise costs for end users, and weaken the stability of the financial system'
“So, this proposal in Europe to repatriate euro clearing to the eurozone, is nothing more than a real nasty piece of economic nationalism and protectionism.”
Brits say EU looking out for itself after Brits elect to abandon the project "not fair"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/s ... cda918115e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Coogan Backs Jeremy Corbyn As He Prepares To Speak At Labour Rally
Comedian says the Tories are ‘taking the p***.’
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

“The Tory tactic was to try to make this a choice between Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn, but this has backfired as people - and I readily admit to being one of them - have started to listen to what Jeremy Corbyn says rather than what other people have been saying about him.”
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

"Ye who suffer woes untold,
Or to feel, or to behold
Your lost country bought and sold
With a price of blood and gold.
Let a vast assembly be,
And with great solemnity
Declare with measured words that ye
Are, as God has made ye, free . . .
Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few".
For the Many, not the few.
Vote Labour.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

“If she is re-elected as prime minister on Thursday, I warn you.

I warn you that you will have pain–when healing and relief depend upon payment.

I warn you that you will have ignorance–when talents are untended and wits are wasted, when learning is a privilege and not a right.

I warn you that you will have poverty–when pensions slip and benefits are whittled away by a government that won’t pay in an economy that can’t pay.

I warn you that you will be cold–when fuel charges are used as a tax system that the rich don’t notice and the poor can’t afford.

I warn you that you must not expect work–when many cannot spend, more will not be able to earn. When they don’t earn, they don’t spend. When they don’t spend, work dies.

I warn you not to go into the streets alone after dark or into the streets in large crowds of protest in the light.

I warn you that you will be quiet–when the curfew of fear and the gibbet of unemployment make you obedient.

I warn you that you will have defence of a sort–with a risk and at a price that passes all understanding.

I warn you that you will be home-bound–when fares and transport bills kill leisure and lock you up.

I warn you that you will borrow less–when credit, loans, mortgages and easy payments are refused to people on your melting income.

If she wins on Thursday–

– I warn you not to be ordinary

– I warn you not to be young

– I warn you not to fall ill

– I warn you not to get old.”

Neil Kinnock. Bridgend, Glamorgan, 7 June 1983
I still believe in a town called Hope
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
“The Tory tactic was to try to make this a choice between Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn, but this has backfired as people - and I readily admit to being one of them - have started to listen to what Jeremy Corbyn says rather than what other people have been saying about him.”
I don't think T May's letters are getting the kind of reception she was after
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archi ... +Report%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Opinium’s final poll: CON 43%, LAB 36%, LD 8%, UKIP 5%
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Survation put out their final poll for Good Morning Britain this morning (showing topline figures of CON 42%, LAB 40%, LDEM 6%, UKIP 3%
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

adam wrote:“If she is re-elected as prime minister on Thursday, I warn you.

I warn you that you will have pain–when healing and relief depend upon payment.

I warn you that you will have ignorance–when talents are untended and wits are wasted, when learning is a privilege and not a right.

I warn you that you will have poverty–when pensions slip and benefits are whittled away by a government that won’t pay in an economy that can’t pay.

I warn you that you will be cold–when fuel charges are used as a tax system that the rich don’t notice and the poor can’t afford.

I warn you that you must not expect work–when many cannot spend, more will not be able to earn. When they don’t earn, they don’t spend. When they don’t spend, work dies.

I warn you not to go into the streets alone after dark or into the streets in large crowds of protest in the light.

I warn you that you will be quiet–when the curfew of fear and the gibbet of unemployment make you obedient.

I warn you that you will have defence of a sort–with a risk and at a price that passes all understanding.

I warn you that you will be home-bound–when fares and transport bills kill leisure and lock you up.

I warn you that you will borrow less–when credit, loans, mortgages and easy payments are refused to people on your melting income.

If she wins on Thursday–

– I warn you not to be ordinary

– I warn you not to be young

– I warn you not to fall ill

– I warn you not to get old.”

Neil Kinnock. Bridgend, Glamorgan, 7 June 1983
His "thousand generations" speech which kicked off the 1987 campaign remains *the* outstanding piece of oratory by a British politician in my lifetime.

Easy to forget how good he could be now.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I can't help thinking that we'll be bitterly disappointed come Friday Morning...not sure I want to stay up and witness it.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Alan Sugar's had a pop at Corbyn in the fail. Says he'd probably bugger of to the Bahamas if Labour win and is backing May, even though he's a remainer.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

To survive is to spite them
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/06/bar-chain ... y-6690014/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brewer attempting to boost youth vote:
Brewdog (never heard of them) will hand out free beer to anyone who can prove they've been to the polls.
(proof being photo/selfie taken outside poll station).
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

RogerOThornhill wrote:I can't help thinking that we'll be bitterly disappointed come Friday Morning...not sure I want to stay up and witness it.
I honestly have no expectations of anything good this time - any chance of them (my expectations) has just been worn away. I think labour have had a much much much better campaign than anyone could reasonably have imagined and I think the tories have been a lot more atrocious than anyone could have imagined but I still imagine they'll win.

I said a couple of days ago, but will repeat, that the likelihood is that she'll win their best majority since Thatcher, and despite the fact that when she called the thing she was expecting a thatcheresque landslide, any victory will be hailed as a win, anything involving gaining about 6 or 7 seats will be the biggest conservative mandate in a generation, and they'll get on with doing whatever they choose. The only thing a small majority might bring - and this is said in an extremely lighthearted and general tone and not seriously or specifically at all - is that it's about time that somebody other than Labour MPs started dying in office and maybe they could actually lose a small majority over time. But they'll fuck everything up in the meantime.
I still believe in a town called Hope
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

RogerOThornhill wrote:I can't help thinking that we'll be bitterly disappointed come Friday Morning...not sure I want to stay up and witness it.
Last time we were kicked in the stomach by the exit poll at 10pm, do you think it'll take till morning?

I won't be staying up late anyway, long drive home on Friday.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

[youtube]Xm_9hro7wDk[/youtube]
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

China and California sign deal to work on climate change without Trump
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... hout-trump" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

And it's....

APOLOGISTS FOR TERROR (Mail - picture of "troika" i.e. JC, JM, DA)

JEZZA'S JIHADI COMRADES (Scum)

VOTE MAY OR WE FACE DISASTER (Express)