Friday June 9th 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Friday June 9th 2017

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I do like a nice conspiracy theory (in moderation)
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

It's like the Tories are locked in a game of bullshit bingo they can't break out of.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote: Election fraud and the like.
Talking of which I see the dimwits of South Thanet went and voted Mackinley back in despite the fact that he was on a criminal charge.

And with an increased majority too.

:roll:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Incidentally, a bit sad that Neil Carmichael lost his seat - he'd been a pretty good Edu Select Committee chair.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

At last.
James Hargrave‏ @onlygeek 2m2 minutes ago
More
So Labour have finally won Kensington by 20 votes. Wow!
:clap:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

EXCELLENT
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Nay, make that:

'KIN' EXCELLENT
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Independent Live Blog
Labour have won in Kensington for the first time in the constituency's history. After multiple recounts, the result has finally been declared after Emma Dent Coad won the seat by just 20 votes.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Well why not?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Incidentally, that got rid of the deeply average Lady Victoria Borwick - one of Boris' mates on the London Assembly who gave that up to run for MP. Two years on...she's gone.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Kensington - Labour win

Labour - Emma Dent Coad 16,333 (+11.1)
Tory - Victoria Borwick 16,313 (-10.1)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng ... -full-2017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

crazy
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote: Election fraud and the like.
Talking of which I see the dimwits of South Thanet went and voted Mackinley back in despite the fact that he was on a criminal charge.

And with an increased majority too.

:roll:
Labour quite competitive there now, though - *if* there is any rerun election.......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Have we had this about the Tories ability to push thorugh anything just because it was in their manifesto?

David Allen Green‏ @davidallengreen 1h1 hour ago
More
Replying to @davidallengreen
So: May not only threw away a working commons majority, but also lost benefit of Salisbury Convention to get things through Lords.

Ha ha.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night. For now, at least.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.indy100.com/article/electio ... paign=i100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A video of Jeremy Corbyn being jeered by Tory MPs for asking a question about police cuts is being shared online.
The donation funded blog Skwawkbox identifies this incident as taking place in 2016.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

May actually starting to be percieved by my brain as some kind of evil talking doll come to 'life'
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Incidentally, never mind May's reshuffle or not, do we think that Corbyn ought to have one?

Wouldn't mind betting that there's a few on the backbenchers that would favour moving to the front now...
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Independent LIve blog:
What with the country now being even more ungovernable and an even bigger international laughing stock than before, we must prepare for the possibility that the “period of stability” promised by Theresa May at 03.36am while standing four feet away from an intergalactic spacelord, known as Lord Buckethead, may not come to pass.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Incidentally, never mind May's reshuffle or not, do we think that Corbyn ought to have one?

Wouldn't mind betting that there's a few on the backbenchers that would favour moving to the front now...
Gut rather than knowledge says yes. Two things to do (other than be opposition), develop the new and existing talent in the party, keep the momentum up with the newly engaged 'youth'.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Night night. For now, at least.
Goodnight, PorFavor
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Well, lets hope so.
George Eaton‏Verified account @georgeeaton 4m4 minutes ago
More
Risk for Tories that DUP alliance will further toxify their brand among the young and liberals.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Every single political journalist who watched her conference speech last October and declared it a "pitch to the centre ground of British politics" should be out on their sorry arse right now.

Her true nature and tactics were not in the least bit difficult to read. That was a shambolic abdication of the duty to inform, and thank goodness we drew back from the abyss just in time.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

I agree with all of the things that lots of people, including me, have said and been thinking about the DUP but I also think it's worth adding that it was them, the mad extreme ones, and not the 'mainstream' unionist parties, who stood up and led their community into co-operation and coalition with Sinn Fein. I think there is something good - for the opposition and for the country - in this, and something bad for the government - if they feel that something is necessary they are likely to decide that it is right and they are likely to do it, en masse. I can foresee a range of scenarios where the government come back from talks with the EU and present a very limited range of options for the Irish border and the status of the North in the longer term that would make the DUP back away from supporting them.
I still believe in a town called Hope
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

I will also confess to having a certain regard for Peter Robinson, notwithstanding a great deal of odious politics in his past, partly because of the party's role (eventually) in the peace process but mainly because I think he dealt with a load of very shitty news about his personal life that was not of his making at all with real dignity.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

adam wrote:I agree with all of the things that lots of people, including me, have said and been thinking about the DUP but I also think it's worth adding that it was them, the mad extreme ones, and not the 'mainstream' unionist parties, who stood up and led their community into co-operation and coalition with Sinn Fein. I think there is something good - for the opposition and for the country - in this, and something bad for the government - if they feel that something is necessary they are likely to decide that it is right and they are likely to do it, en masse. I can foresee a range of scenarios where the government come back from talks with the EU and present a very limited range of options for the Irish border and the status of the North in the longer term that would make the DUP back away from supporting them.
Good point -- Paisley and Adams got on very well too, so despite what Jonathan Powell had to say, a possibility that they can be pragmatic .

secondly -- I believe talks with EU are supposed, by them, to start with the € money divorce settlement ?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Continuing TC2 upstream, easier to distribute vids using youtube --

Tory jeers nov2015 at Corbyn on police cuts

MAY on Police Scaremongering ( one of many possibles)

Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Independent Live Blog
Labour have won in Kensington for the first time in the constituency's history. After multiple recounts, the result has finally been declared after Emma Dent Coad won the seat by just 20 votes.
That's a landslide:
Stephen Gethins’s victory in North East Fife was secured with one of the smallest majorities UK electoral history. The SNP’s Europe spokesman won with 13,743 votes – just two more than Lib Dem candidate Elizabeth Riches. Mark Oaten won Winchester by the same margin in 1997, with only two occasions – in 1910 and 1886 when the majority has ever been smaller.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

frog222 wrote:
adam wrote:I agree with all of the things that lots of people, including me, have said and been thinking about the DUP but I also think it's worth adding that it was them, the mad extreme ones, and not the 'mainstream' unionist parties, who stood up and led their community into co-operation and coalition with Sinn Fein. I think there is something good - for the opposition and for the country - in this, and something bad for the government - if they feel that something is necessary they are likely to decide that it is right and they are likely to do it, en masse. I can foresee a range of scenarios where the government come back from talks with the EU and present a very limited range of options for the Irish border and the status of the North in the longer term that would make the DUP back away from supporting them.
Good point -- Paisley and Adams got on very well too, so despite what Jonathan Powell had to say, a possibility that they can be pragmatic .

secondly -- I believe talks with EU are supposed, by them, to start with the € money divorce settlement ?

Paisley and Robinson were extremists by most definitions of the word but were instrumental in making the step with Sinn Fein, although they obstructed the process for many years. The current leader is not of the same quality and any self-respecting Government should stay well away from a deal with such a party.....one which has always had very close links with the UDA. It will also, inevitably, cause tensions within NI

Would people have accepted Corbyn being propped up by Sinn Fein with such a seemingly accepting attitude we have seen today? SF are a far more progressive party than the DUP but I do not think many would find it acceptable

It is such flagrant hypocrisy and double standards that annoys
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

howsillyofme1 wrote: Would people have accepted Corbyn being propped up by Sinn Fein with such a seemingly accepting attitude we have seen today? SF are a far more progressive party than the DUP but I do not think many would find it acceptable

It is such flagrant hypocrisy and double standards that annoys

That's a very good point. I'm not suggesting the DUP are in any way creditable here, just that there are things about them that may make their role supporting the government more interesting.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Yeah, this is pretty funny...
Paul Waugh‏Verified account @paulwaugh 4h4 hours ago
More
So, the Daily Mail HQ is now in Labour seat. Kensington. Just take that in for a minute.