Tuesday 13th June 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 13th June 2017

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Image of Boris (thanks for that) - trouble is I can easily see that happening
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

That's a sore point for me,the Tory placard despoiler of village has horses which weekly shit at various places around my estate,to be clear I have nothing against horses or owners,but in symbolic crapping on the rest of us in Lord of the fucking Manor style it irks.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Image of Boris (thanks for that) - trouble is I can easily see that happening
Well indeed.

On which, what was that story about a huge effigy of May atop the cliffs? Was I dreaming?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.kentlive.news/an-enormous-st ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Giant TM flicks Vs at Europe
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

It was so strong and stable it fell down when someone ten miles away did a fart,I believe.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

@TC2 @HindleA

Thank you both for making me grin from ear to ear ;-)
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
there is zero chance that we will have left the EU when the two years are up. Zero.

Thanks for the reply. Are you accepting my bet?
Right, so since the chances are zero, you'll offer me some good odds then presumably? Corbyn-esque in length? 300-1? I don't think the chances of still being in are zero, but not great.

NB, staying in the EEA or somesuch as a transition is not staying in the EU (unless you're a Brexiteer loony).

One of the oddities of this is that on the left there are some who match the Brexiteers for reckless over-optimism and a naive expectation that 27 other countries will unanimously agree to what the UK asks for.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:sensible brexit means no dressing gowns

YOU WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!etc
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I know
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

SpinningHugo wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
there is zero chance that we will have left the EU when the two years are up. Zero.

Right, so since the chances are zero, you'll offer me some good odds then presumably? Corbyn-esque in length? 300-1? I don't think the chances of still being in are zero, but not great.

NB, staying in the EEA or somesuch as a transition is not staying in the EU (unless you're a Brexiteer loony).

One of the oddities of this is that on the left there are some who match the Brexiteers for reckless over-optimism and a naive expectation that 27 other countries will unanimously agree to what the UK asks for.
Brexit, Trump, Corbyn (twice), Hung Parilament...

Forgive me, but your opinion is as useless as stale smegma under a monkey's foreskin, but just as malodorous.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

SpinningHugo wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

;-)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@Tem How do you know...on second thoughts don't answer that.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Imagery level raised to 7
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

If you want to understand why your arguments are so dismissed I suggest you look at the tone with which you write things and compare it to the other contributors on here

If you look you will see that there is weakness and doubt in us all - we have views, sometimes passionate, sometimes angry, sometimes over the top and sometimes caring, some times funny, sometimes whimsical

There are relationships and cliques, friends and foe - people we would want to have a pint with and some we wouldn't

In fact just like real life.....in a virtual way

You, however, never seem to show the traits that make you someone to engage with. You assume you are right, tell us we are wrong whilst never admit you are. Sneer at people's true held views - try to maintain your are an expert in many areas and create circular arguments that never satisfy - possibly just to amuse yourself. Call people 'useless' and various other disparaging names. I know people that give me the same feeling from my days in academia and at work.......and they never really seem to influence anybody - smug and self-absorbed but not really taken any notice of. And you are in that same club., although you combine it with being wrong with virtually every prediction you make

It gets to a point that no-one really listens to your arguments anymore......

The main issue I have with your posts is that you see everything in a clinical, sterile way - it seems that the societal and human side of things are forgotten. The reason Corbyn has done well and the reason why some think that Brexit will not come to pass has nothing to do with laws and rules....it has to do with the frailty and capriciousness of people. People change their minds and believe white from 5 years ago is the black today

By 2019 the population will have changed, will have had different experiences, will have different opinions and will probably have a different view on Brexit from what they had in 2016 and have now.

The same human characteristics brought Martin McGuinness and Ian Paisley together as the 'Chuckle Brothers', that led Labour to lose 40 out of 41 seats in one election...and all the many unpredictable events that happen in the world of politics

If Europe have kept the door open then, if the people want it to happen, someone will walk through it.......don't look at what they say and do today...that can change. All your focus on the differences between 'access' and 'membership' just exemplifies why we happily ignore your arguments as we see it as being completely irrelevant

I just cannot believe you are a lawyer with such a view of the world...if you are I would not want you to be involved in anything that affects me. Oh, and being a 'lawyer' is not something that impresses people on this board

We can come back in a few years to see who is right but I think that PfY will be more right than you are.

As I said, however, the door may be open but it needs someone to walk through it - I doubt strongly that this Tory Party have the ability, the will and the support to do so - but, as I said, the world changes quickly and we may all be shocked. I think though a Labour Party with Starmer leading negotiations will be much more able to take any hand of friendship that arises

Our 'punishment' will be the damage that the next few years will bring us - but that is what was decided at the referendum and we cannot ignore it at the moment....thanks to Cameron and the newly popular Osborne for that
Last edited by howsillyofme1 on Tue 13 Jun, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

HindleA wrote:@Tem How do you know...on second thoughts don't answer that.
Travel in India for any length of time and you discover these things. They throw smeg, piss, spit and shit around with wild abandon and little conscious thought - a bit like Hugo really, figuratively speaking, of course.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Grieving families that receive money from an £11m fund for victims of the Manchester Arena bombing will not have their benefits slashed, the government is expected to announce.

The rule change is set to ensure that injured survivors, and the relatives of the 22 victims who died, will not have their benefit payments cut if they receive financial support from the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund.

The move is designed to avoid a row that broke out after the 7/7 London bombing when it emerged that some seriously injured survivors had their benefits cut after receiving compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ter-attack
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

howsillyofme1 wrote:If you want to understand why your arguments are so dismissed I suggest you look at the tone with which you write things and compare it to the other contributors on here

A bit harsh on Paul that one.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

SpinningHugo wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:If you want to understand why your arguments are so dismissed I suggest you look at the tone with which you write things and compare it to the other contributors on here

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Right I have a beer date with and old friend and Lib Dem :twisted:

Bye
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@Tem thanks for reply,glad my overactive imagination on this occasion was proved wrong.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

SpinningHugo wrote:

ahhh an attempt to be funny

About as convincing as Theresa May's efforts
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:That's a sore point for me,the Tory placard despoiler of village has horses which weekly shit at various places around my estate,to be clear I have nothing against horses or owners,but in symbolic crapping on the rest of us in Lord of the fucking Manor style it irks.
(cJA emphasis)

I had to live it in order to understand exactly what you mean. Yes. It irritates me too.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Night night.
Goodnight, PorFavor
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

David Cameron calls on Theresa May to embrace ‘softer’ Brexit

Former PM says his successor should ‘listen to other parties’ over how to leave EU

https://www.ft.com/content/7c7d51b8-503 ... 19572361bb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Diane Abbott reveals illness and hits out at 'vicious' Tory campaign
Labour frontbencher reveals that type 2 diabetes forced her to take break and expresses disappointment at Theresa May for ‘negative’ campaign

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... SApp_Other" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

First posted this just after election, now its in the Telegraph

Oh no, not again... there's a plausible legal argument that Britain has not actually invoked Article 50

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06 ... nComponent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Matthew Scott‏Verified account
@Barristerblog

Was PM's Art 50 Notification valid? Senior barrister David Wolchover is convinced it wasn't. My @telegraph piece. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06 ... nComponent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

I've read half a dozen 'soft brexit' articles today, this is best of them imo, it seems quite comprehensive.
Soft, Hard, Jobs, Open Brexit? A reality check
Kirsty Hughes | 11 June 2017
https://www.scer.scot/database/ident-2540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What much of this increasingly confused debate does not face up to is that there are, in fact, just a few limited options for the UK (should it be able to get any of those through Westminster). Nor does it stop for long to consider what the position of the EU27 is nor to consider what can be achieved before the 30 March 2019 Article 50 deadline. So what does it look like from the EU27 point of view?
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Well this is excellent news.
Tom Newton Dunn‏Verified account @tnewtondunn 13m13 minutes ago
More
Excl: Theresa May’s Tory party is "on death row" and could face “years of opposition” - sacked minister Rob Halfon;
:D
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Here's that vote Labour be first for redundancy item again, this time in the Independent

Election 2017: Boss tells staff 'Labour voters will be made redundant first' if Corbyn wins

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 86211.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Email was sent, but was just "banter" evidently, on the day before the election. Yhea, right
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Hands up if you regret calling a snap General Election

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Not at all embarrassing.
The bloke behind looks well impressed.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

In the Scum:
Tory MP Rob Halfon says the Conservatives must make dramatic changes including switching their name to the 'The Workers Party’
How about: The Serfs
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

AngryAsWell wrote:Here's that vote Labour be first for redundancy item again, this time in the Independent

Election 2017: Boss tells staff 'Labour voters will be made redundant first' if Corbyn wins

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 86211.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Email was sent, but was just "banter" evidently, on the day before the election. Yhea, right
I remember well our company secretary and general counsel telling us that we should never put in an email anything you wouldn't want to see on the front page of the FT the next morning.

As true now as it ever was.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

tinyclanger2 wrote:In the Scum:
Tory MP Rob Halfon says the Conservatives must make dramatic changes including switching their name to the 'The Workers Party
How about: The Serfs
Pretty sure I remember him saying this once before. It was fairly risible then.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Not a massive fan of Crace but what the hell
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... eprecation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the Supreme Leader rose to address the nation. She began by congratulating Bercow on his re-election. “At least someone got a landslide,” she said. Even with “SELF-DEPRECATING JOKE” clearly marked in capitals in the margins of her speech, she couldn’t quite manage to coordinate the words with a genuinely warm smile.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Am developing a jacket aversion of late
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

:lol:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ign=buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ukip MEP resigns amid investigation into alleged misuse of funds
Roger Helmer, known for controversial views on climate change, rape and homosexuality, will stand down in July
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... oid-format" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guardian and Observer to relaunch in tabloid format
Newspapers to move to smaller size and outsource printing to Trinity Mirror as part of three-year cost-saving plan
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

HindleA wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ign=buffer

Ukip MEP resigns amid investigation into alleged misuse of funds
Roger Helmer, known for controversial views on climate change, rape and homosexuality, will stand down in July
Misuse of funds by a UKIP MEP?

Surely not! i can scarce believe it.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://nhaswsurrey.wordpress.com/2017/ ... y-hunt-mp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The facts don’t lie, and nor do I – An open letter to Jeremy Hunt MP
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

472174.jpg
472174.jpg (81.58 KiB) Viewed 10696 times
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

UKIP may well hold the record for the biggest proportion of cheats and liars per head of elected representatives of any political party there has ever been.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Here's that vote Labour be first for redundancy item again, this time in the Independent

I remember well our company secretary and general counsel telling us that we should never put in an email anything you wouldn't want to see on the front page of the FT the next morning.

As true now as it ever was.
Our school ICT policy says 'always remember that the audience for an email can be widespread, unintended and unexpected'. We still then managed to set 'reply all' as the default on our system for the first week of term.
I still believe in a town called Hope
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

RogerOThornhill wrote:UKIP may well hold the record for the biggest proportion of cheats and liars per head of elected representatives of any political party there has ever been.
Luckily for them, as an MEP standing down they can just get the next cheat and liar candidate on the list to take his place.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Talking of email, we once had a dawn raid by HMRC who managed to dig up some emails where some our traders exchanged emails joking about the fact that we'd somehow got away with not being charged duty that was due. And it was a lot. As was the fine.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Was this Tory MP caught looking at scantily-clad showgirls on his mobile in Parliament?
Conservative MP Anna Soubry tweeted a picture – since deleted – of the session captioned: "is this the first parliament where everyone thinks they're a winner when in fact we're all losers except the DUP."

However, one aspect of the photo in particular caught the eye of social media.

The photo looked over the shoulders of fellow Tory MP Jonathan Djanogly, capturing what appeared to be a graphic image on his smartphone.
From the yahoo news feed.