Wednesday 14th June 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 14th June 2017

Post by citizenJA »

In 2016, the then housing minister, Gavin Barwell, who lost his seat last week and is now the prime minister’s chief of staff, promised a review of fire regulations. It has yet to take place. One of his predecessors, Brandon Lewis, somewhat implausibly told MPs that it was for the fire industry, rather than the government, to encourage the installation of fire sprinkler systems; imposing their installation “may affect housebuilding,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ever-again" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Having reenacted Mick Jones dislocated arm,the part of Hunter played by my brother,walk up the steps to the royal box at Wembley to receive medal,when they opened it up for a "run",a mere 15 years later,most of my ambitions have been realised.I am very fortunate.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

citizenJA wrote:
In 2016, the then housing minister, Gavin Barwell, who lost his seat last week and is now the prime minister’s chief of staff, promised a review of fire regulations. It has yet to take place. One of his predecessors, Brandon Lewis, somewhat implausibly told MPs that it was for the fire industry, rather than the government, to encourage the installation of fire sprinkler systems; imposing their installation “may affect housebuilding,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ever-again" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brandon Lewis
Tory MP for Great Yarmouth

Minister of State (Home Office) (Policing and the Fire Service) Jul 2016 - Jun 2017
Minister of State (Communities and Local Government) Jul 2014 - Jul 2016
Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Communities and Local Government) Sep 2012 - Jul 2014

Currently
Minister of State (Home Office) (Immigration) Jun 2017 -

https://www.parliament.uk/biographies/c ... lewis/4009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/official- ... -1-5061915" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Official complaint after disabled grandma blocked from voting in Hampstead and Kilburn
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Disgrace of course,happens regularly.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Night night.
Goodnight, PorFavor
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

citizenJA wrote:
HindleA wrote:http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1618154 ... r-stunning
Labour Press
If correct, this is potentially another stunning U-turn from a weak and wobbly Prime Minister - Rebecca Long-Bailey

Rebecca Long-Bailey MP, Labour’s Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, responding to news that senior Conservatives are urging a u-turn on their energy price cap manifesto promise, said:
I'm still trying to figure out our energy statement
So is Mr citizen
The last country I lived in, we used the energy first then given notice of our account debit for the month
I'm not happy about an entire years' worth of estimated energy costs I've not used yet is sitting in a EnergyRUS account
I really sympathise with this. We have shared experience. Elsewhere I was always billed for what I had used. (I used to be amazed at how sensible and practical the other nations nationalised energy provider was.) After several years of the weird payment arrangements here and building up a quite enormous amount of credit as a result, this year had a smart meter installed, was not given a choice. My apparent consumption trebled and am now paying well over a quarter of my pension a month for enerygy, apparently so my account can be cleared by July. I do not understand any of this, my usage has not increased, if anything we turned the heat on later last year, kept it lower because Being bedbound next to a radiator is no fun, and turned it off at the end of April, sod the May is out stuff, I have still not cast the clout. A whole weeks pension, every month year round, and more leaves me with a huge hole, and this could sensibly be spread till october, but British energy companies are no approachable where their cruddy payment schemes are concerned. And I can get no answers about the smart meter. But have the tiniest of homes, most of which I cannot use, and you'd think I had a bloody mansion if you saw the bills.

If politicians are using energy as a way of backing down it shows they know the whole industry is as bent as nine bob.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 583bf0430a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://jacobinmag.com/2017/06/grenfell ... ty-housing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Very Political Tragedy
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

#Mick (fireman)
You know it's not going to be good when your told to write your name on you helmet before you go in!

#The Sun Picture Desk

Hi Mick, can we use this image on our site please?

#Mick

Nope... Not in in your shitrag