Friday 23rd June 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 23rd June 2017

Post by AngryAsWell »

Keir Starmer‏Verified account @Keir_Starmer 26m26 minutes ago
More
For all concerned about Camden tower block evacuations tonight: update & statement from Camden leader @Georgia_Gould

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Asked to choose between Britain having full control over immigration from Europe or British businesses having free access to trade with the EU people preferred trade by 58% to 42%.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

:lol:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Not just cladding at Camden evacuated block's, lady interviewed on Sky mentioned fire safety check this afternoon found unsafe gas pipes and badly fitted fire doors in the flats
*edit to change "block" into block's
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Was getting a bit worried about Hugo, but his last tweet is

SpinningHugo‏ @SpinningHugo Jun 22
More
Top life tip to all my followers.

Never move house. Ever.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

URGENT STATEMENT - Grenfell Tower residents evicted from emergency hotel accommodation with hours notice

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

On Twitter tonight:

Dan Hodges versus Dawn Foster on Grenfell.

And somehow it is even worse than that sounds. Wretched man.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Indeed.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Jeremy Corbyn will be on the Pyramid Stage @ Glasto, tomorrow at 4pm.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

NonOxCol wrote:On Twitter tonight:

Nearly Legal‏
@nearlylegal
Follow
More
Replying to @DawnHFoster
The bloody fire brigade said to get them out now. Pillock of the first order.
can't argue with that.

Night all.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

NonOxCol wrote:On Twitter tonight:

You can see why the Fail snapped him up.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... inadequate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, has warned Theresa May that the EU will not allow itself to be consumed by the Brexit negotiations, as the British prime minister’s offer on citizens’ rights was dismissed by Europe’s leaders as vague and inadequate.

Emerging from a two-day summit in Brussels, where the issues discussed ranged from tackling the spread of terrorist propaganda on the internet to plans for cooperation on defence, Merkel insisted that her priority was not the Brexit talks, but steering the EU to a better future.
From Cool Britannia, to Utterly 'Ked in one Tory Government.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/andre ... htmlBrexit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;: Andrea Leadsom's calls for broadcasters to be more patriotic branded 'sinister' by Tim Farron
'This isn't a George Orwell book. She needs to apologise for these comments and realise what she said was frankly stupid'
Unfortunately I think there's more than a touch of the Dunning-Kruger's going on with that one.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/opinion/20 ... 870811.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The 52-48 percent vote is now treated almost as holy writ by hardline Brexiters, who regard it as the unalienable "will of the British people", which is in itself a somewhat un-British concept. With the Conservatives and opposition Labour Party both now supporting some version of Brexit, the opposing sides appear to have interpreted the June 8 result as meaning that most voters want a divorce that will do least damage to future relations with the EU.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

While Britain's international partners, both inside and outside the EU, can only look on in wonderment at the mess the country's politicians have landed it in, British voters are invited to put their blind faith in the promise of those same politicians to deliver them "the best possible deal".
Quite.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/gre ... 05586.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why is it that the British state could cope with the Blitz, but cannot deal with Grenfell Tower?
It is disgusting but revealing that the Government has still not withdrawn a press release which is entitled ‘Government going further to cut red tape by £10 billion’
Thatcherism saw off much of the post-war digging-for-victory type spirit. And the Mail makes sure it stays that way. But at the end of the day it is TWOTP (or lack of it) that allows it to happen.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I have to assume this is sardonic:
John Andreas1 hr ago
Brexit is going to put the Great back in GREAT BRITAIN

It will smooth the path to increased contribution from the many workshy, lefty green activist people - the ones who wear balaclavas when they turn up as rent a mob to intimidate the good people in Brighton.

Bring it on
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15367978 ... xit_moans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/ ... aford-mods" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lord Buckethead: 'A pain au chocolat could negotiate Brexit better than Theresa May'
The dark intergalactic leader introduced Sleaford Mods at Glastonbury – and gave the Guardian an exclusive interview afterwards
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Lord Buckethead refused to comment on whether he was the same person who stood in those counts, but added: “I am Buckethead, he had a buckethead, we are legion.”
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Warming to his theme, Lord Buckethead added: “I saw her traipse into a Maidenhead leisure centre – and I would say this, she looked terrible, she looked as if the world was caving in on her shoulders. I just increased my vote share from 1992 to a Lord Buckethead record; she lost her majority. So who should rolling their space eyes at whom?”
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

“My solution would be: one, negotiate in an adult sensible way to create the best thing for Britain economically, not politically for the right wing of the Tory party, and two, I would urge earthlings to think twice because you’re all so small. One minute Britain wants to leave Europe, the next Scotland wants to leave Britain, the next Edinburgh will probably want to leave Scotland. It’s mad, I’ve seen the asteroid that’s coming to hit you all. If I were you I would stick together.”
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

“I think Boris Johnson is a posh, overblown, full-of-himself imbecile, who thinks just because he knows a little bit of classics he has some superiority over the rest of species, but I say flocci non facio, Boris Johnson.”