Friday 30th June 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 30th June 2017

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -must-roll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 30th June 2017

Post by SpinningHugo »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:You really are dim aren't you?

Can you tell me where you practice law so I can make sure no-one I know ever makes the mistake of employing you as you do not seem to be able to understand even obvious things never mind the complexities of law

Why do you think that Norway and Switzerland are full members of the Single Market and the Custom's Union?

My neighbour is a wine grower....he is always moaning that he cannot sell his wine in the EU as there is no bilateral treaty covering wine....surely as a member of the Single Market this would not be the case

I am afraid neither Switzerland nor Norway are members of the Customs Union (although both are members of the Single Market)

Even someone as dim as me knows the difference.
This is from the EU Parliament website
While the agreements intensified economic relations, they also created a complex and sometimes incoherent network of obligations, which are not easy to sustain. Unlike the EEA Agreement, the nature of the bilateral agreements with Switzerland is static, given that there are no proper mechanisms to adapt the agreements to evolving EU legislation, nor are there any surveillance or efficient dispute-settlement mechanisms. In order to resolve these problems, EU-Swiss negotiations for a framework institutional agreement were launched on 22 May 2014. The negotiations are aimed at settling the problems stemming from the evolving nature of the EU acquis related to the internal market and at introducing a dispute-settlement mechanism into the current bilateral treaty network. The institutional framework negotiations are crucial, because the Council of the EU is determined not to allow Switzerland any further single market access (e.g. as regards electricity) without this framework agreement. Switzerland is resisting EU pressure about the framework agreement because of sovereignty concerns. Nevertheless the negotiations on the framework agreement still, albeit sluggishly, continue.
Nowhere in the document does it use the word membership of the Single Market for either Switzerland or Norway

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/atyourser ... 6.5.3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You are the one who keeps going on and on and on about Labour using the word 'access' over 'membership' as a reason to say their position is untenable

I can differentiate and manage to live with both but you do not seem to be able to.....
And yet

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/atyourser ... 6.5.3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Switzerland and Norway are inside the EEA. That is what meant by being a member of the single market. That Parliament page is either badly translated or wrong., That and the customs union, of which they are not members.

North Korea has "access" to the single market.