Saturday September 27th & Sunday 28th September 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday September 27th & Sunday 28th September 2014

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:Stat from Ashcroft's polling, apparently the Tories can afford to lose 24 seats to Labour, I am assuming that is because they are confident of picking up a few stray LibDem seats, anyway out of those 24 they trail Labour in 22 of them.

I read somewhere this week Labour have dedicated teams in place already in 100 marginal, if true, that's excellent.
They also have a dedicated organisation..
Movement for Change

Code: Select all

We were founded in 2010, but our origins go back more than 100 years to the earliest days of the Labour Movement, when vibrant politics was built by passionate people working together to change their neighbourhood, their community and their country. 

We believe that there are people on every street, in every community who will step up to take action on the issues that matter to them.

To date, we have trained more than 2,000 people in local communities across the UK and abroad, to take action on issues that matter to them. Movement for Change activists have run award-winning campaigns on issues as varied as access to fair credit, the Living Wage, poor conditions in the private rented sector and improving bus services.
http://www.movementforchange.org.uk/what_we_do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Membership Options
Your signing up for membership implies agreement with the following statement:
I support the aims, values and objectives of the Labour Party. I confirm that I am not a member of any political party other than Labour and Co-operative parties.

:fight: :fight:
Edited to ask:
Mods - any idea why the quote bit has gone tiny weeny green?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

So, any Labour defectors to Lib Dems or Tories likely?

Blah, blah, Ed Miliband has left me behind.

The media would love it. And doubtless various people would make it worth their while.

Talking of defections, Shapps handled it incredibly badly. Reckless he said, lied. No fan of Reckless, of course, but the lie seemed to be that he said he wouldn't join UKIP- it would have been worse if he'd given a running commentary, so that's pretty much a white lie.

Being called a liar by Grant Shapps must be like being called boorish by John McCrirrick.

I remember when Quentin Davies defected, IDS was smart enough when he was interviewed to say "one of those things, had him in my team, bit of an eccentric decision". Stephen Dorrell, I recall, handled questions about Alan Howarth well too.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Mark Reckless, the ex-Conservative MP that defected to Ukip on Saturday, looked to have cancelled a planned walkabout to celebrate his move with leader Nigel Farage after a negative reaction in his Rochester constituency.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 60917.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

ohsocynical wrote:
ephemerid wrote:
refitman wrote: They need to be copied over one by one (we can't copy them all at once). I'll see what I can do, if anyone else can help it would be appreciated.

Thank you - I'd offer but I have no idea what to do.

Some of them are a bit out of date, though. Perhaps it might be an idea to ask everyone if they want them or not?

Maybe it might be better to do a little precis of the changes so far (I could do it when I get some time) rather than have some poor dab copying them all over?
Good idea!
Too late, I have copied everything over. :roll:

If anything is so out of date it wants removing, let me know.

Also. If anyone else wants to help copy anything from the previous site (Troll Busters, Temulker's fantastic essays etc...) please feel free.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AngryAsWell wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:Stat from Ashcroft's polling, apparently the Tories can afford to lose 24 seats to Labour, I am assuming that is because they are confident of picking up a few stray LibDem seats, anyway out of those 24 they trail Labour in 22 of them.

I read somewhere this week Labour have dedicated teams in place already in 100 marginal, if true, that's excellent.
They also have a dedicated organisation..
Movement for Change

We were founded in 2010, but our origins go back more than 100 years to the earliest days of the Labour Movement, when vibrant politics was built by passionate people working together to change their neighbourhood, their community and their country. 

We believe that there are people on every street, in every community who will step up to take action on the issues that matter to them.

To date, we have trained more than 2,000 people in local communities across the UK and abroad, to take action on issues that matter to them. Movement for Change activists have run award-winning campaigns on issues as varied as access to fair credit, the Living Wage, poor conditions in the private rented sector and improving bus services.
http://www.movementforchange.org.uk/what_we_do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Membership Options
I support the aims, values and objectives of the Labour Party. I confirm that I am not a member of any political party other than Labour and Co-operative parties.

Edited to ask:
You hit the 'Code' button, not the 'Quote' button (they are next to each other). I have fixed the original post.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Someone post something - I've only 1 more thanks to give to make it to 100

:lol!:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

refitman wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote: They also have a dedicated organisation..
Movement for Change

Membership Options

Edited to ask:
You hit the 'Code' button, not the 'Quote' button (they are next to each other). I have fixed the original post.
Right on que - thank you :) :lol: :lol: :lol:
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AngryAsWell wrote:Someone post something - I've only 1 more thanks to give to make it to 100

AAW, you're lovely. :mrgreen:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

refitman wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Someone post something - I've only 1 more thanks to give to make it to 100

AAW, you're lovely. :mrgreen:
:hug: :hug:
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Always knew there was a reason I liked that bloke! He's pretty much summed up my feelings there.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

AngryAsWell wrote:Mark Reckless, the ex-Conservative MP that defected to Ukip on Saturday, looked to have cancelled a planned walkabout to celebrate his move with leader Nigel Farage after a negative reaction in his Rochester constituency.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 60917.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ha. ha.

So solid, blue collar, Tory Kent is just like those rabid Scots as well.
After a photo opportunity with both men sitting down to have a drink, they had a private conversation, according to Sky News. Soon after, they each left, with Farage exiting in a car and Reckless escaping through a side door.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

They do look a bit indoctrinated in the blue sweat with union flag logo.....

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Mark Reckless, the ex-Conservative MP that defected to Ukip on Saturday, looked to have cancelled a planned walkabout to celebrate his move with leader Nigel Farage after a negative reaction in his Rochester constituency.
Ha. ha.

After a photo opportunity with both men sitting down to have a drink, they had a private conversation, according to Sky News. Soon after, they each left, with Farage exiting in a car and Reckless escaping through a side door.
I love the 'UKIP? You prick' on the bus stop. Perhaps that nice Mr Farago might be tempted to stop the triumphalism next time a Tory (and let's face it, it's always a Tory) decides to bail out of the sinking ship.

Please god, let this right wing ratfight continue to well beyond May 2015, and I might even start believing in you.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Ha. ha.

I love the 'UKIP? You prick' on the bus stop. Perhaps that nice Mr Farago might be tempted to stop the triumphalism next time a Tory (and let's face it, it's always a Tory) decides to bail out of the sinking ship.

Please god, let this right wing ratfight continue to well beyond May 2015, and I might even start believing in you.
Mind you, a Kate Hoey jump (or Graham Stringer) would not surprise or shock me.... :(
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

SLATUKIP ‏@SLATUKIP · 14m
EDL turn up outside the #UKIPconf14 to chant abuse at anti-UKIP protestors, complete with Israeli flags.

Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Difference is that Labour MPs (outside of perhaps Rotherham, where Sarah Champion seems to have a decent personal following) are dead if they go to UKIP.

A retiring "eccentric" would be the only realistic prospect.
So I suppose those two and Field are the only possibles I can imagine.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Lib Dems will soon be wondering if their moment in the sun was really worth it, the rose garden, the shy, easy laughs, the baggsying of offices and jumped up titles, amongst them will be Lynn Featherstone, Labour due to overturn a 13% lead..

http://electoralcalculus.co.uk/cgi-bin/ ... od%20Green
Last edited by refitman on Sun 28 Sep, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Admin: URL fixed
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Peter Hale ‏@petervhale · 4m
BBC News - Two Tories go Independent in Teignbridge - http://bbc.in/1sGk9Mz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Two Devon Tories go Independent
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Difference is that Labour MPs (outside of perhaps Rotherham, where Sarah Champion seems to have a decent personal following) are dead if they go to UKIP.

A retiring "eccentric" would be the only realistic prospect.
So I suppose those two and Field are the only possibles I can imagine.
True, and I hope they don't as press would make far more of it.
Who was the other one we thought of the other day?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

A PROPOSAL to house a handful of teenage girls in a youth detention centre alongside hundreds of boys has been denounced as “dangerous” and “frightening”.
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/new ... 464600.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is he mad?
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

AngryAsWell wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Ha. ha.

Mind you, a Kate Hoey jump (or Graham Stringer) would not surprise or shock me.... :(
I have said it before, throw in Danczuk and Abbot and I will send Farage a donation. Anything to be rid of three disgusting Tories and an embarrassing muppet.

With respect to Stringer and Danczuk why the hell haven't their local party deselected them.
Release the Guardvarks.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

I'd chuck something into the pot to get rid of Abbot too, how my foot hasn't karate chopped the tv when she's been on is anyone's guess.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PoliticsHome ‏@politicshome 5m
Policies designed to tackle climate change “may be causing more damage” than global warming, Owen Paterson has said. http://polho.me/1oor59Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Friends of ours - very Green friends - have just announced they are moving to Ludlow, Shropshire. I wonder if they realise who their MP will be ...?

I'm not a really really nasty person - but for Patzy I can't think of a more fitting end than thinned ice cracking away from underneath him to quickly dispense him into the depths. Anyone see the end of Fargo and Lester's demise?
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Sun 28 Sep, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Working on the wild side.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

I don't often hope Dan F Hodges is telling it like it is, but...
If the Tory party wants to turn its back on modernisation, fine. If it wants to marginalise issues like the environment and push Europe to the fore, great. If it thinks that Douglas Carswell and Mark Reckless’s vision of the future of Conservatism is superior to that of David Cameron and his Downing Street “clique”, good luck with that. Ed Miliband and Labour will win the next election, and the one after that, and the one after that, and all the other elections that follow.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

refitman wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
ephemerid wrote:
Thank you - I'd offer but I have no idea what to do.

Some of them are a bit out of date, though. Perhaps it might be an idea to ask everyone if they want them or not?

Maybe it might be better to do a little precis of the changes so far (I could do it when I get some time) rather than have some poor dab copying them all over?
Good idea!
Too late, I have copied everything over. :roll:

Also. If anyone else wants to help copy anything from the previous site (Troll Busters, Temulker's fantastic essays etc...) please feel free.

Oh dear I am sorry. :hug:

If you show me how, I'll help if I can.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

55DegreesNorth wrote:I don't often hope Dan F Hodges is telling it like it is, but...
If the Tory party wants to turn its back on modernisation, fine. If it wants to marginalise issues like the environment and push Europe to the fore, great. If it thinks that Douglas Carswell and Mark Reckless’s vision of the future of Conservatism is superior to that of David Cameron and his Downing Street “clique”, good luck with that. Ed Miliband and Labour will win the next election, and the one after that, and the one after that, and all the other elections that follow.
I think he must have found his lost suitcase. He seems a happy bunny.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AndrewSparrow ‏@AndrewSparrow 46m
Paterson says US/EU free trade deal (TTIP) could "founder on feta" coz of cheese rights row - http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... b1d5b67320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Good. I'd like to see the Greeks winning out over something like that.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
55DegreesNorth wrote:I don't often hope Dan F Hodges is telling it like it is, but...
I think he must have found his lost suitcase. He seems a happy bunny.
Good night PF
:sleep:
Wrong place.... :oops:
Last edited by AngryAsWell on Sun 28 Sep, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

HughSykes ‏@HughSykes · 21m
#Reckless is a 'gluttering snodgrime' voter tells @MichaelLCrick in #Rochester; @nigel_farage hints at another defection b4 #Cameron speech.

'gluttering snodgrime' 'gluttering snodgrime' - I like that :lol:
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Paterson says US/EU free trade deal (TTIP) could "founder on feta" coz of cheese rights row - http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... b1d5b67320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
This is the same Owen Paterson who his colleague James Paice, the previous farming minister, said mucked up the CAP negotiations?

Does he think you never get sticking points in treaty negotiations? People usually manage to agree something.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Challenged about the cancelled walkabout by a tv reporter (BBC or Sky, watched both...) Reckless declared, in a cross between piqued and embarrassed, "We did it earlier! We went to Rochester Castle and the Cathedral."
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Michael Savage ‏@michaelsavage 23m
I thought Michael Gove was meant to be the minister for the TV? Today, shortly after the political shows, he was spotted in Birmingham Boots
:lol:

I don't know why I think that's funny - but I do - I really do.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

ephemerid wrote:
refitman wrote: Too late, I have copied everything over. :roll:

Oh dear I am sorry. :hug:

If you show me how, I'll help if I can.
Visit the old site and find a thread you want to copy over.

Go to the same place over here (we should have all the same forums) and start a new topic, with the same name.

You will need to copy the contents of each post one at a time (click, hold and drag over the text) and then paste it into the comment box over here.

You can then put the entire post in a quote, so you can attribute it to the original author - you will need to add ="author name" in the first quote tag. For example, if I was copying one of your posts, I would make the opening quote look like this:[code][quote="ephemerid"][/code]
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
This is the same Owen Paterson who his colleague James Paice, the previous farming minister, said mucked up the CAP negotiations?

Does he think you never get sticking points in treaty negotiations? People usually manage to agree something.
Probably not him though. More used to getting his way because he says so and if he decides on something that's what's going to happen - no matter how daft, how destructive or downright nasty.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

AngryAsWell wrote:HughSykes ‏@HughSykes · 21m
#Reckless is a 'gluttering snodgrime' voter tells @MichaelLCrick in #Rochester; @nigel_farage hints at another defection b4 #Cameron speech.

'gluttering snodgrime' 'gluttering snodgrime' - I like that :lol:
And here it is, rats fighting in a sack comes to mind.

http://blogs.channel4.com/michael-crick ... ester/4425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I'm sitting here putting off the point when I have to go and work out yet another way of presenting courgettes for dinner to Mr Riots. This eating seasonal stuff is damn challenging sometimes ...
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Are you really sure this won't make us look like a fascist party in a dystopian novel?"
"Yeah, sure,don't worry

AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

rebeccariots2 wrote:I'm sitting here putting off the point when I have to go and work out yet another way of presenting courgettes for dinner to Mr Riots. This eating seasonal stuff is damn challenging sometimes ...
Courgettes - hummm, a veg I always find challenging, the texture (when cooked) is to slimy for me :(
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AngryAsWell wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:I'm sitting here putting off the point when I have to go and work out yet another way of presenting courgettes for dinner to Mr Riots. This eating seasonal stuff is damn challenging sometimes ...
Courgettes - hummm, a veg I always find challenging, the texture (when cooked) is to slimy for me :(
Slice length-ways, oil & season and then griddle (preferably BBQ). Get them to where they start to char. Yum.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Michael Savage ‏@michaelsavage 23m
I thought Michael Gove was meant to be the minister for the TV? Today, shortly after the political shows, he was spotted in Birmingham Boots
:lol:

I don't know why I think that's funny - but I do - I really do.
If Gove believed it, it's even funnier still.

"Michael, you're shit on TV. Want you to be Minister for TV. No salary, of course. No contract either."
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Sun 28 Sep, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Pasta with grilled courgettes in a lemon juice/olive oil/grated parmesan "sauce". It's a winner.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

refitman wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
Slice length-ways, oil & season and then griddle (preferably BBQ). Get them to where they start to char. Yum.
Thank you refit. I can see we're going to have to invest in a griddle. (We're antiques us.)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Pasta with grilled courgettes in a lemon juice/olive oil/grated parmesan "sauce". It's a winner.
Now that sounds ace and right up Mr Riots street.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Council finds larger home for disabled couple… then stings them for bedroom tax
http://www.disabledgo.com/blog/2014/09/ ... ChVuPldVqU
Kafka had nothing on todays twisted system.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Courgette dinner decision is on hold as one of the dogs has gone AWOL and Mr Riots is off across the fields in a panic with a torch. She would have to do this just at dusk ... and after she's been taken to the beach for a long walk and been fed a tasty dinner.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

refitman wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
Tried them like that but the middle - squishy bit - sets my teeth on edge.
The only way I can eat them (so far) is sliced v thin and pan fried with garlic and onions till crispy (some would say burnt)

I never could eat jelly as a child either - still can't
:lol: :lol: