Thursday 13th July 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 13th July 2017

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

AngryAsWell wrote:Brexit Bill ‘On Hold’ Until The Autumn Amid Fears Of Tory Rebellion To Back A ‘Soft Brexit’

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/r ... witter.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But.......but.......once Article 50 was voted for "hard" Brexit was set in stone and nothing can stop it!!

(spoiler - this of course isn't actually true, and never was)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
Willow904 wrote:

@Adam @Willow

Well why do you think everyone left?
I know some wanted SpinningHugo banned and some didn't and left over that. My position was that it was up to Refitman.

Other than that, I assume different people have left at different times for different reasons. Corbyn's election as leader has been pretty divisive within Labour and this forum has reflected that, although there wasn't always unanimity over Ed's leadership either.

We disagree over Corbyn and his approach to Brexit but I link and comment on other things that many on this forum are in agreement on and I don't see the problem really. What others respond to leads to discussion. Sometimes people don't respond to links other than to thank because there's not a lot to discuss. It may be the case that you feel I don't acknowledge you much because I am mostly drawn to this site because of the various links and you don't link articles as much as others. And yes, sometimes I vent when I'm frustrated and yes, I accept that it is boring for some, but I don't feel I do so every time I post here and I don't understand why my posts would be felt to be bullying. None of us, as individuals, have much control over the balance of contributors.
I think you still misunderstand me. Please feel free to ignore all my posts ;-)

But EVERY time you post that Brexit is "all Labour's fault" without a qualifier (that IMHO may seem trite, but make a LOT of difference to some of us) you will upset me and a lot of other people, because we've taken the time and trouble to engage with this and discuss it with you (and with others).

Your arguments (and Hugo's) rest, understandably, on a highly legalistic view of the post-referendum world. My view, as evidenced by the shenanigans around the Lisbon treaty, is that the EU can and probably will be extremely flexible about Article 50 and the legal niceties can largely be ignored if the UK government engages positively around the mess we are in. Labour are quite capable of this. The Tories are not.

I'm very interested in your insights into the legal aspects of Brexit. I'm glad you post them. But can't you see that a narrow legal interpretation of Brexit probably falls short of reality? I can't quite remember the sorry story after Lisbon, but didn't some countries just keep voting until they got the right result?
I have never said Brexit is "all Labour's fault". What I've been saying is that I feel hugely let down by our parliament as a whole and struggle to trust the judgement of any MP who actively voted for a poorly drafted referendum or, as I discovered yesterday, voted to prematurely withdraw from Eurotom.

As for the idea that I'm being narrowly legalistic, I'm not sure what you mean. The reason why being in the single market means accepting the four freedoms is because the benefits of the market are partially as a result of those freedoms. I don't think the EU are bluffing when they say we have to accept them to benefit from the kind of access everyone is saying they want. So when Corbyn says things like he's not "wedded to the idea of freedom of movement" I take that as an indication that he is moving to a position of not remaining in the single market. When Ed Miliband said he thought we should put single market membership before curbing immigration that indicated to me the opposite. I'm basing my opinion on what people say. If you can show me things Corbyn has said that indicate he prefers to stay in the single market then I will believe it, but in the absence of him saying as much I don't really see how I can know what he favours or, as AK suggests, that EU membership is not important to him. How can I know these things if he doesn't clearly say them?
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

ephemerid wrote: The reason why the whole sorry performance is confusing is because this whole thing is incredibly complex. Labour's position reflects that, IMHO; it's the stupid simplicity of Davis and Co's approach that is causing confusion.
Exactly.

@willow, on JC personally not sharing your vision of Europe, I'm not sure that's entirely right, his reservations seem to be on economic/neoliberal issues and he spoke out in support of freedom of movement at an early stage. Then agreed to keep quiet on it for the reasons set out so clearly by PfY and ephe, I suspect.
I'm not far from that position myself tbh.

@ephe, Good luck with the PIP.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

adam wrote:
Willow904 wrote: It's said as if we can leave the EU without leaving Eurotom. He doesn't talk of the possibility of a new relationship with Eurotom but of membership and I think that misleading. It misled me, anyway. I did say he was right about the ECJ. I also said the Repeal Bill and Labour's reaction to it will hopefully be more robust.
I think the point about leaving Euratom from the government's perspective is that one of their bugbears self-harming intents lunatic core ideas is that we must end up outside of the jurisdiction of the ECJ and we can't be both in Euratom and outside the ECJ's jurisdiction.
It would have been clearer if he'd said that the Tories opposition to the ECJ would prevent us from reaching any kind of new agreement with Eurotom once we've left. It was the implication May only chose to leave it because of the ECJ that confused me when I later discovered we have no choice in the matter if we leave the EU. But I'm starting to get my head around it now.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Vote on Heathrow third runway postponed again, possibly until June 2018 (Politics Live, Guardian)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Great repeal bill' human rights clause sets up Brexit clash with Labour
Government says it will not bring charter of fundamental rights into UK law, which would mean failing one of Starmer’s ‘six tests’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ith-labour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:
Vote on Heathrow third runway postponed again, possibly until June 2018 (Politics Live, Guardian)
Strong and stable, strong and stable.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

'Great repeal bill' human rights clause sets up Brexit clash with Labour

Government says it will not bring charter of fundamental rights into UK law, which would mean failing one of Starmer’s ‘six tests’ (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ith-labour
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Brexit Bill ‘On Hold’ Until The Autumn Amid Fears Of Tory Rebellion To Back A ‘Soft Brexit’

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/r ... witter.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But.......but.......once Article 50 was voted for "hard" Brexit was set in stone and nothing can stop it!!

(spoiler - this of course isn't actually true, and never was)

The Repeal Bill has been published today, though, as expected.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ith-labour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Looking through the bill, Section 6 effectively strikes ECJ case law out of the UK's common law.
I still believe in a town called Hope
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well done on 1000 posts, sir :)
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Well done on 1000 posts, sir :)
I usually get Miss....sir.
I still believe in a town called Hope
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40589510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brexit: Repeal bill published by the government
I can't find much detail anywhere yet. Is everyone still reading it?

I seems the Henry VIII powers are in, though.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Afternoon all. Good to read posts from those that have been around less recently, hope you all stay. And PfY, don't even think about leaving, we need plenty of good posters and I consider you as one.

Newsthump on the money once again.

'Speaking to the BBC, the prime minister spoke of her disappointment, and how the emotions triggered certain physiological effects to prove those emotions were real.

She told interviewer Emma Barnett, “Small amounts of saline liquid were secreted from the tiny holes at the side of my front-facing human eyes. Not a huge amount, or enough for me to require replacement moisture from a perfectly normal source like the tap, but enough to demonstrate how my emotional state had deviated from the norm due to negative external stimuli.

“Just like we humans are wont to do.”

The revelation has convinced many voters who were on the fence about May’s leadership that she ‘really cares’.

Simon Williams, who considers himself left of centre politically but can’t bring himself to vote for the party that is left of centre, told us, “No-one who can cry when they realise they have fucked up in a massively public way can be all bad, can they?'

http://newsthump.com/2017/07/13/theresa ... human-eye/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Willow904 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40589510

Its in this link I posted earlier
Scroll down to
"European Union (Withdrawal) Bill"

Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -brexit-eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brexit: Labour threatens to defeat Theresa May over 'great repeal bill'
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

David Davis resists pressure for rethink on Euratom and confirms Britain will set up its own nuclear regulator
Set up in 1957, Euratom is responsible for regulating the nuclear industry across Europe, disposing of waste and carrying out nuclear research

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 39076.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

AngryAsWell wrote:
Willow904 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40589510

Its in this link I posted earlier
Scroll down to
"European Union (Withdrawal) Bill"

Thanks, but I'm waiting for other people to read it for me. I don't think I'd be able to make much sense of it myself. :)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

@Willow

Thread
David Allen Green‏ @davidallengreen 1h1 hour ago

Read through the Bill. Only 19 clauses over 14 pages. The rest of the 60 odd pages are schedules.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Faisal Islam‏Verified account
@faisalislam

FMs Nicola Sturgeon & Carwyn Jones issue a joint statement saying they will refuse legislative consent to the the Repeal Bill, as it stands

Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

AngryAsWell wrote:@Willow

Thread
David Allen Green‏ @davidallengreen 1h1 hour ago

Read through the Bill. Only 19 clauses over 14 pages. The rest of the 60 odd pages are schedules.

That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, thanks.

And this is very interesting:
David Allen Green @davidallengreen
·
1h

Looks like the government is seeking to get away with broad powers by saying they will be only for two years.
The very same two extra years Theresa May sought to buy herself by holding a snap general election.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Not going down well...

Ben Bradshaw‏Verified account @BenPBradshaw 57s57 seconds ago

May's EU Bill gives Ministers unprecedented Henry Vlll powers for years to come. Totally unacceptable. Must be opposed by all democrats
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AngryAsWell wrote:Faisal Islam‏Verified account
@faisalislam

FMs Nicola Sturgeon & Carwyn Jones issue a joint statement saying they will refuse legislative consent to the the Repeal Bill, as it stands

What larks.

David Allan Green has said he loves this stuff, legal/political messes, he's like a pig in shit.

Most of us would prefer a government that knew what it was doing.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

StephenDolan wrote:Afternoon all. Good to read posts from those that have been around less recently, hope you all stay. And PfY, don't even think about leaving, we need plenty of good posters and I consider you as one.

Newsthump on the money once again.

'Speaking to the BBC, the prime minister spoke of her disappointment, and how the emotions triggered certain physiological effects to prove those emotions were real.

She told interviewer Emma Barnett, “Small amounts of saline liquid were secreted from the tiny holes at the side of my front-facing human eyes. Not a huge amount, or enough for me to require replacement moisture from a perfectly normal source like the tap, but enough to demonstrate how my emotional state had deviated from the norm due to negative external stimuli.

“Just like we humans are wont to do.”

The revelation has convinced many voters who were on the fence about May’s leadership that she ‘really cares’.

Simon Williams, who considers himself left of centre politically but can’t bring himself to vote for the party that is left of centre, told us, “No-one who can cry when they realise they have fucked up in a massively public way can be all bad, can they?'

http://newsthump.com/2017/07/13/theresa ... human-eye/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Newsnight played a clip of her at the Maidenhead count the other day, the first time I'd seen it, she looked completely wrecked.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

For those with an enthusiasm for my thoughts on the law

https://spinninghugo.wordpress.com/2017 ... awal-bill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

SpinningHugo wrote:For those with an enthusiasm for my thoughts on the law

https://spinninghugo.wordpress.com/2017 ... awal-bill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There doesn't seem to have been a rush yet ;-)

But thanks!
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 1.html?amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Viscount who offered money for killing of Brexit campaigner Gina Miller jailed for 12 weeks
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Willow904 wrote:I have never said Brexit is "all Labour's fault". What I've been saying is that I feel hugely let down by our parliament as a whole and struggle to trust the judgement of any MP who actively voted for a poorly drafted referendum or, as I discovered yesterday, voted to prematurely withdraw from Eurotom.

As for the idea that I'm being narrowly legalistic, I'm not sure what you mean. The reason why being in the single market means accepting the four freedoms is because the benefits of the market are partially as a result of those freedoms. I don't think the EU are bluffing when they say we have to accept them to benefit from the kind of access everyone is saying they want. So when Corbyn says things like he's not "wedded to the idea of freedom of movement" I take that as an indication that he is moving to a position of not remaining in the single market. When Ed Miliband said he thought we should put single market membership before curbing immigration that indicated to me the opposite. I'm basing my opinion on what people say. If you can show me things Corbyn has said that indicate he prefers to stay in the single market then I will believe it, but in the absence of him saying as much I don't really see how I can know what he favours or, as AK suggests, that EU membership is not important to him. How can I know these things if he doesn't clearly say them?
Yes states have to agree to a form of freedom of movement as part of the single market. But there isn't even complete freedom of movement now is there? One of the few things that Dave did manage to negotiate was the laughable "emergency brake" - remember that?

So my point is these things are negotiable, to a point. Ultimately the EU is a political beast and, if the politics allow it, it can happen.

Do you see what I mean?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

The other thing I have observed, but which gets very little discussion, in the potential evolution of the EU during the Brexit negotiation period. It may well look very different by the time we are on the verge of leaving. Remember the "Alice" comment about the door not being closed?
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
Willow904 wrote:I have never said Brexit is "all Labour's fault". What I've been saying is that I feel hugely let down by our parliament as a whole and struggle to trust the judgement of any MP who actively voted for a poorly drafted referendum or, as I discovered yesterday, voted to prematurely withdraw from Eurotom.

Yes states have to agree to a form of freedom of movement as part of the single market. But there isn't even complete freedom of movement now is there? One of the few things that Dave did manage to negotiate was the laughable "emergency brake" - remember that?

So my point is these things are negotiable, to a point. Ultimately the EU is a political beast and, if the politics allow it, it can happen.

Do you see what I mean?
Oh yes, absolutely. But surely you have to be in the single market or at least express an interest in remaining in it in order to negotiate and benefit from any reforms to it?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Willow904 wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

Do you see what I mean?
Oh yes, absolutely. But surely you have to be in the single market or at least express an interest in remaining in it in order to negotiate and benefit from any reforms to it?
So Corbyn has said he wants "tariff free access" to the single market.

We can get bogged down in the technicalities of what that means. Or we can hear what he is saying. Corbyn will get a sympathetic audience when he travels to Brussels. Good luck to him. He may just come back with a decent plan ;-)
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

Do you see what I mean?
No emergency brake was agreed. The other member states refused. As they will again.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... estigation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Student Loans Company chief suspended pending investigation
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

SpinningHugo wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

Do you see what I mean?
No emergency brake was agreed. The other member states refused. As they will again.
Yes you know that as a certainty of course. Having had a quick chat with Guy Verhofstadt and Michel Barnier when you saw them the other day?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

@Hugo

BTW I'm SURE you are correct but can you link me the "other states refused" stuff please?
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

gilsey wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Faisal Islam‏Verified account
@faisalislam

What larks.

David Allan Green has said he loves this stuff, legal/political messes, he's like a pig in shit.

Most of us would prefer a government that knew what it was doing.
Can't see the devolved parliament/assembly getting far with this. The SG were kicked back in their Supreme Court case over A50:
Meanwhile, the Scottish government was also represented in the Supreme Court case, with Lord Advocate James Wolffe arguing Holyrood's consent should also be sought due to the "significant changes" Brexit would have on devolved powers.
Lawyers for the UK government rejected this, saying the argument was "fatally undermined" by the fact that powers over foreign affairs are reserved to Westminster.
The judges unanimously rejected Mr Wolffe's arguments, saying that the principle of legislative consent "does not give rise to a legally enforceable obligation".
It seems to me that even if the devolved governments refuse consent, Westminster can legally ignore them.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Hope the PIP thing went okay Ephe.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

refitman wrote:Hope the PIP thing went okay Ephe.
Seconded.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

The outrage over this dull Bill is misplaced.

The stupid decision was taken months ago when Parliament voted to trigger Art 50. This is just the inevitable tidying up.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

More patients waiting too long in A&E despite it being NHS priority

Performance has declined since Jeremy Hunt (Guardian)
I don't feel that it's necessary to go any further.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... target-nhs
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:@Hugo

BTW I'm SURE you are correct but can you link me the "other states refused" stuff please?
A 10 second google would do it for you. He got a concession on in-work benefits, but no brake at all on immigration numbers

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... hat-he-got" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He did a tour of the other EU leaders, surely you remember? Merkel said no, and that was that,
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Good evening

I see the old Brexit discussion has been started again

I have some sympathy with PfY because there seems to be a certain unwillingness to accept what has happened over the last two months

Take us back to beginning of June

Tory majority heading towards 3 figures
Labour predicted to be low 20s%
Labour going to lose loads of seats
Labour going to be battered because of their EU policy

All this was commonly held to be true - some clearly being much more vocal than others

If we now come back to the present where we have a hung Parliament with a weak Tory Party. The ability to deliver a Tory Hard Brexit is much diminished and Labour are being taken seriously with a strong negotiating team in place

However, reading some on here you would think that the situation was unchanged....some still giving the impression that Labour's position on Europe was and is completely wrong, and that they should have followed the advice of those on here in voting against A50

I am sorry to say that those who were saying that were wrong as I am pretty sure that approach would have led to a much stronger Tory majority and led to a bigger Tory majority. The fact is that by luck or design Labour's position has given us the best opportunity to row back and get something out of this difficult situation

It is that lack of humility that has been a tad annoying - I am not saying that I am definitely right and will continue to be - things may go wrong still but at the moment supporting Corbyn, his SC and policies was the right call, against Owen Smith and those who tried to overthrow him. This includes the European policy

Onto Brexit now

If Labour were in charge we would be further along (why are things so slow?) - the EU citizens would be sorted, Corbyn has said today all legally required dues will be paid and I am sure also the NI question would be a bit clearer. The idea Labour are the same as the Tories - a favourite theme of one particular poster - is not backed up by the facts

Remember Labour is a Remain Party - it has three strong negotiators and it also has an approach that seems to resonate with the electorate at the moment - whether that will continue only time will tell

The final deal between the UK and the Eu has not yet been defined and anyone who says that they know what it will look like are either psychic or full of shit

The EU would like the UK to neatly take the EEA deal I am sure (although there will be a separate agreement needed on the CU) but that may not be in the UK's best interests. There is also the option of a complex bilateral agreement as Switzerland has but that would be a pain for both sides I am sure and not desirable

There is no reason why the UK cannot negotiate a bespoke deal based on the EEA but more suited to the interests of both sides and including the CU. There will be the need to meet the 'four freedoms' as well but there is some more to these than is normally reported. I am in a country that has to comply with free movement for example but I do not have the right to indefinitely stay without a job and be in receipt of social security.

There is still the possibility that a Labour team could find a way to have a deal which complies with the freedoms but is sellable to the voters - but avoid the complexity of the Swiss deal

For reference, Switzerland is not in the EEA and it does not have complete access to all aspects of the single market

As I have been saying for a while, the Single Market is not an organisation so 'membership' does not seem to be the appropriate phrase. What is more accurate as I see it is that the UK will negotiate an access to the market and the CU for which there will be a price

The best deal would be for the UK to stay a member of the EU club as that is the only way to have full access tot he market as well as the ability to influence the rules - but the referendum rejected that option....it just didn't then tell us what we wanted in the future
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Oh dear...
FT World News‏Verified account
@ftworldnews
Follow
More
Britain concedes it will have to pay EU exit bill
It's all going terribly well...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Meanwhile my other half who'd been coughing, short of breath, and was tired all the time was diagnosed as having fluid on the lung whereupon they carried out a chest drain and extracted about a litre and a half of liquid. Back home now and feeling a lot better although it's still a bit painful.

I went off to the library yesterday leaving her to go the GP, and returned to an empty house. Phone call a bit later saying "I'm still at the hospital...". Oh, that's where you got to!
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Oh dear...
FT World News‏Verified account
@ftworldnews
Follow
More
Britain concedes it will have to pay EU exit bill
It's all going terribly well...

And they ain't just whistlin' Dixie . . .
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@Roger sorry to hear that.I hope she continues to get better and lose the pain.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

NHS stats referred to

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/2 ... -may-2017/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

PF not putting youtube link,if that's your game,missus,miss,ms

Joke.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

RogerOThornhill wrote:Meanwhile my other half who'd been coughing, short of breath, and was tired all the time was diagnosed as having fluid on the lung whereupon they carried out a chest drain and extracted about a litre and a half of liquid. Back home now and feeling a lot better although it's still a bit painful.

I went off to the library yesterday leaving her to go the GP, and returned to an empty house. Phone call a bit later saying "I'm still at the hospital...". Oh, that's where you got to!
Good to hear its not as bad as it might have been, if you get my drift.

Best wishes to both of you.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Thanks all - yes, could have been worse. I was quite worried last night.

When we spoke earlier I said I'd go swimming and then go in to see her. When I got there, the nurse came in almost immediately and said she was being discharged. perfect timing.