Wednesday 19th July 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 19th July 2017

Post by citizenJA »

StephenDolan wrote:That's me working another year then. Hurrah!
There's a few with power and money and there's everyone else.
When those with power and money don't share nice, we all have a problem.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@cja

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... arch-shows" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:@cja

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... arch-shows" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yep
saw it yesterday
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Ah o.k.just it was that I was referring to.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Just the usual bollox.being ill/disabled/carers as many are are obviously just twiddling their thumbs.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Ah o.k.just it was that I was referring to.
I thought you were posting it as a companion piece to the ONS report out today people aged 64-74 are dying in greater numbers now. Statistically speaking, making it to 75 increases the chances of living some more.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Bloody hell free TV licences having some effect.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Just the usual bollox.being ill/disabled/carers as many are are obviously just twiddling their thumbs.
It's terrifying, the lack of empathy
disregarding others live in pain and require constant care
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

You can argue the reasons for this,seems pretty clear to me.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Full disclosure could...address the key issue of assessing how the duchy profits correspond to the actual needs of the Queen’s household. This was one of the recommendations of the Public Accounts Committee report which scrutinised duchy revenues in 2005. In a damning phrase, it argued that the income was “an accident of history” stemming from arrangements established in the 14th century which might not be appropriate today.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... nue-estate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Previous DWP advice to me regarding their proposals and my concerns were not possible in situation.They went off at a tangent generalised irrelevences,rather than stating,which was my aim in part, cuts to the "protected"with no way out.On further attempts to admit they were lying,situation/people affected "insignicant numbers",which if you think about in someways worse as justification for policy.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

NHS England 'urgently needs 2,200 more A&E consultants'
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... onsultants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Apprentice A and E consultants"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Previous DWP advice to me regarding their proposals and my concerns were not possible in situation.They went off at a tangent generalised irrelevences,rather than stating,which was my aim in part, cuts to the "protected"with no way out.On further attempts to admit they were lying,situation/people affected "insignicant numbers",which if you think about in someways worse as justification for policy.
bad government policy hurts people
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:John Cleese in the 70s, still true today

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He supported Brexit, mind.
quite. (Mr "London is no longer English")

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/john-fl ... 62852.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Just catching up after a busy day. Must say, I actually missed this "deliberate?!" mistake:
Andy Bell @andybell5news
·
6h

Gov says even with pension age change people can expect on average 22 years on state pension - so life expectancy of 90 #pensions
The Gov displaying a Trumpian relationship with the truth it seems :roll:
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

citizenJA wrote:
Full disclosure could...address the key issue of assessing how the duchy profits correspond to the actual needs of the Queen’s household. This was one of the recommendations of the Public Accounts Committee report which scrutinised duchy revenues in 2005. In a damning phrase, it argued that the income was “an accident of history” stemming from arrangements established in the 14th century which might not be appropriate today.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... nue-estate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's another little anomaly in the royal finances, with regard to Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh:
There was good news for the Queen when she arrived at the Palace of Holyroodhouse at the beginning of the month. A planning application for ten short term letting apartments and an education centre had been approved by the City of Edinburgh Council.

...In 2014-15, Historic Scotland spent £1.25 million for the upkeep and maintenance of the palace. The majority of this (£967,000) was for Historic Scotland staff and for “staff employed by the Royal Household and recharged to Historic Scotland”. The new agency, Historic Environment Scotland, published no information in its 2015-16 annual report. In other words, the Royal Collection Trust, a private charity that is not accountable to Scottish Ministers or to the Scottish Parliament, employs the visitor staff, gets the Scottish Government to reimburse their salaries and keeps all the entrance money (£3.3m in 2015-16 with a further £1m in shop sales). Meanwhile, Historic Environment Scotland is responsible for meeting the costs of maintaining the fabric of the building. Given this strange relationship, did the Royal Household Property Section consult Scottish Ministers over their development for holiday apartments and who gets to keep the income? Why does the Scottish Government pay for staff now employed by the Royal Collection Trust who were previously direct employees of the Scottish Office? Why, when so many Crown properties were transferred to Scottish ministers in 1999, was the palace excluded when it, like the others, has been managed and paid for by Scottish Government funds?
http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/an ... -1-4508470" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

citizenJA wrote:
The pensions minister is facing criticism after suggesting that millions of women in their 60s who are facing cuts to their state pension could take up apprenticeships as a route to re-employment.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/ ... nticeships" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...or become apprentice pensioners?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

McDonnell been standing with disability activists for years now
Ephemerid pointed him out to me, his Early Day Motions
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not personally convinced,only in office rather than rhetoric,may.Relatively easy to oppose and shout ,far more skills required to ensure.I am happy with Abrahams.Her frustration with the big buck zero mention was clear to see.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I don't like your lies, Theresa May
I don't like your miserable Tory party
Theresa May - Tory PM
What I say to Sarah and to those working in the national health service is that we recognise the excellent work they are doing. We recognise the sacrifice that they and others have made over the past seven years. That sacrifice has been made because we had to deal with the biggest deficit in our peacetime history—left by a Labour Government. As we look at public sector pay, we balance being fair to public sector workers, protecting jobs and being fair to those who pay for them. The right hon. Gentleman seems to think it is possible to go around promising people more money and promising that nobody is ever going to have to pay for it. He and I both value public sector workers. We both value our public sector services. The difference is that on this side of the House we know that you have to pay for them.

Jeremy Corbyn - Labour leader
The Prime Minister does not seem to have had any problem finding money to pay for the Democratic Unionist party’s support. The Conservatives have been in office for 84 months, and 52 of those months have seen a real fall in wages and income in our country. In the last Prime Minister’s Question Time before the general election, the Prime Minister said:

every vote for me is a vote for a strong economy with the benefits felt by everyone across the country.—[Official Report, 26 April 2017; Vol. 624, c. 1104.]

Does she agree you cannot have a strong economy when 6 million people are earning less than the living wage?

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2 ... ngagements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Corbyn does good, I like his work here
I can't believe she did this
shameful, disgraceful lies she's telling people and country
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

HindleA wrote:Not personally convinced,only in office rather than rhetoric,may.Relatively easy to oppose and shout ,far more skills required to ensure.I am happy with Abrahams.Her frustration with the big buck zero mention was clear to see.
I've had the pleasure of campaigning for Abrahams and she's excellent.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

we're interdependent
ventures work best everyone voluntarily participating as equals
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

She blamed Labour, people
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

@Eric_WLothian
Secrecy, private assets maintained by public resources, multi-millionaires don't know what's enough and too much
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I hadn't looked at politics earlier
I've come to it a few hours ago
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I'm exhausted
goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/r ... 91156.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.independentage.org/news-med ... pacity-and" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comment on Local Government Ombudsman figures on mental capacity and social care

“It is the mark of a civilised society that we always look to take decisions in the best interests of those who, due to a lack of mental capacity, can’t make these decisions for themselves. Unfortunately, the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) system is not currently fit for purpose and is failing some of the most vulnerable people it is designed to protect. It is extremely concerning to hear some of the complaints, including people being left in care homes where potentially they were deprived of their freedom without the proper authorisation – not just for days, but for years"

http://www.lgo.org.uk/information-centr ... k-practice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thousands of mental health patients spend years on secure wards
Critics condemn ‘Victorian approach’ to treatment after NHS watchdog reveals 3,500 patients are kept locked in