Saturday 22nd July & Sunday 23rd July 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Re: Saturday 22nd July & Sunday 23rd July 2017

Post by howsillyofme1 »

citizenJA wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:Perhaps if you and your wing of the party had...
Please don't talk to another Labour party member this way.

Tubby is not a member of the Labour Party....he has spent most of the last year telling us why he will not be voting for them
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:
Sky'sGoneOut wrote:I see Corbyn has come out and made it clear why I can never vote for Labour again under him.

He's come out with the same shit as the Tory Brexiteers. "Being in the Single market means being in the EU".

Erm no Jeremy, it really fucking doesn't.

I voted Labour because amongst other reasons I thought they may offer some sane alternative to what the Tories were offering in regards to Brexit. But no, we're getting the same deluded nonsense from Corbyn as we're getting from Tory backbenchers.

It's all very well spouting off on the stage at Glastonbury soaking up the adulation but how do you think your youth vote is going to feel when they realise you've sold them out for the puposes of political gain?

I never expected Corbyn to suddenly transform into an ardent remainer but for fuck's sake, something like 80% of those who support him want despereately to stay in the single market and to stay in Europe. Ok that may be a pipe dream now but he could at least acknowledge that and properly explain why he's going against their wishes.

I think you are wrong....can I call you deluded to?

I am pretty clear that EU membership is the only way that you can be said to have unfettered access to the SM....everything else comes with restrictions and conditions.

Who elected you to speak on behalf of the youth vote? How do you know they voted for him on this issue?

This is the same argument the Tories are using by lying about what he said regarding existing student loans - he has never said we would stay in the EU which you say 80% of people who voted for him desperately wanted him to do apparently

The six tests set out by Starmer are there and that is what I am basing my support for Labour on this issue on, not taking too literally what Corbyn says whilst trying to sit on the fence
You can call me whatever you like. I'm not talking about trivialities like student loans despite having one myself.

The simple fact is Corbyn today has alienated those remainers who voted for him.

Now I accept the political realities he and the Labour party are facing, and I accept he himself has long been an opponent of the European project. Some of his objections I agree with, some I don't.

But as I said, the vast majority of those who voted for him and the Labour party want to stay in the EU. And at the very least staying in the single market is, as they say, a red line.

And yet there isn't the slightest hint of compromise.

Why?

Stop saying he has isolated a large number of voters...you speak for yourself but no-one else

If you are right then labour will slump in the polls but I have a feeling they won't

If you disagree then so be it...but doesn't mean you have any right to be more correct than those of us who think differently

My view agrees with his....the Single Market is an EU entity....others outside it can get to participate in it but it is based on specific agreements and so has to be negotiated.

Do you want an EEA agreement with no CU or currently passporting for the banks and with agriculture/fisheries excluded?

Or how about all the complex Swiss bilateral agreements with even less scope than the EEA?

If no then we will have to negotiate something different....

As I keep saying not one country outside the EU is 'in' the Single Market to the extent EU members are...not one. The EEA members aren't and neither is Switzerland. It is not also called 'the internal market' for nothing

Whatever the Uk gets will be based on its own negotiations....and if Labour are in power my belief is that they will keep to their six tests...or do you think Starmer is lying?

And finally, we see the age old Tory and Blairite argument from you that 'Corbyn is anti-EU really' - he campaigned for Remain, and did a bloody sight more than Alan Johnson or Theresa May, and was honest about his concerns about the EU, which probably resonates with a good deal of people who voted Remain
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

How can he be a wing of a party he isn't a member of ?He did vote(Welsh) Labour.

I am on no side beyond Tarquin for PM in 2022,the first lawnmowing turtle,as far as I know..
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/ ... 10000-each" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

State pension changes will cost 7 million people £10,000 each
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... ctors-warn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heavy drinking will kill 63,000 people over next five years, doctors warn
Doctors urge government to introduce minimum unit pricing for alcohol as research reveals extent of liver disease

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/scharr/sect ... /alpol/faq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/scharr/sect ... earch/sapm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ias.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1542 ... ref=twtrec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ruth Davidson faces fresh criticism over Tory rape clause

"This reform ensures people on benefits have to make the same choices as those supporting themselves solely through work. "

A Fascist statement,pure and simple.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Eugenicism never far below the surface.