Tuesday 15th August 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 15th August 2017

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

refitman wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Well most of them were speaking (surprise, surprise) on the condition of anonymity. But that it happened is beyond question.

If they didn't exist, then why on earth did Liz Kendall say Labour should aim for a permanent budget surplus in her ill-fated leadership campaign??

You are quite right Balls never said anything as daft as that, and even I have more respect for him than to imagine he would.

That 2014 speech was genuinely hideous and ill-judged though, and should haunt him for the rest of his days. It was a - small - factor in Labour's loss, I have very little doubt.
Again, your memory is failing you. Kendall said no such thing, at least in every quote I can find on Google.

I often feel youvrepeatvthings that you think ought to be true.
Are you sure about that? Are you really, really sure?
Quite certain. Nothing in there about permanent surplus.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

From the archive as found by someone just now...
Andrew Lilico‏
@andrew_lilico
Follow
More
FWIW (not much) my guess is Trump will win over the British public quite quickly now & become fairly popular here. (Doesn't mean he's right)
6:44 PM - 27 Jan 2017
Yeah, not sure that's gonna happen really...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/15/16153094/ ... e-premiums" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CBO says Trump's Obamacare sabotage would cost $194 billion, drive up premiums 20%
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 56182.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Liz Kendall: Labour should promise a budget surplus to regain voters' trust"
Labour should pledge that it would always run a government budget surplus in good times in order to regain voters’ trust on the economy, Liz Kendall has said.
maybe, kind of semi-permanent, then,
but hard to see how you could avoid having a budget deficit in 'bad times', really.
Last edited by tinybgoat on Wed 16 Aug, 2017 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... SApp_Other" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More on Learndirect
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

We got what AK meant,SH argues the toss over the correctness of "fascist" description of Trump and appropriateness of using "facistic intended" with regard to harmful policies overwhelmingly or only directed at the sick/disabled repeatedly found to be discriminatory.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Which is his right of course.