Tuesday 19th September 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 19th September 2017

Post by HindleA »

The Conservative twitter thing had typical Labour in power etc referring to '73,the other day.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

(I remember that bloody year particulary well.)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Jo Maugham is doing a good job on demolishing Rees-Mogg using he self-same report that JRM gleefully cited on the 6th best manufacturer...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

including this.
Jo Maugham QC‏Verified account
@JolyonMaugham
Following
More
70% of EEF members thought remaining in the EU was important or business critical. But you didn't mention that, did you @Jacob_Rees_Mogg? /4
:D
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:I may have said this before, but I'd love to see SpinningHugo tell Angela Rayner that she's some kind of left wing nutter :twisted:

Would you? Why? Do you think she'd bedazzle me with her arguments?

I am not sure I get why Rayner is so well thought of. Her backstory is great. I know the area she grew up in well as it is very close to where I grew up too, She clearly has a lot of drive and determination to have made it to where she is.

But, and I am sorry there is a but, I haven't actually heard her say anything interesting yet. That may be that I've missed it. RoT follows Education far more closely than I do, and so perhaps she has said something of interest.

One of the problems for Labour is that the shadow cabinet is absolutely dire. It can't not be as Corbyn has recruited only from the loyal: which excludes around 70% of the PLP. The party is not (sadly) awash with talent anyway, and so it has never been this bad, not just in my lifetime but ever I think. (Amd yes, the Tories are terrible too, but they are at least recruiting from across their party). I think that is where Rayner is getting attention.

As for "nutter", I don't think Cotbyn is a nutter. I don't think he has, politely, a very flexible or agile mind, but that doesn't make him a nutter. One of my colleagues, a very able man, is a member of the Provisional Committee of the CPGB. I think he is deeply misguided, but not a "nutter".
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Jo Maugham is doing a good job on demolishing Rees-Mogg using he self-same report that JRM gleefully cited on the 6th best manufacturer...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

including this.
Jo Maugham QC‏Verified account
@JolyonMaugham
Following
More
70% of EEF members thought remaining in the EU was important or business critical. But you didn't mention that, did you @Jacob_Rees_Mogg? /4
:D

I've met both of these men. One of them is able. The other is not.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I thought it was the Labour Party members that had a problem with women.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

HindleA wrote:Debating whether to do an MSc(Forensic Psychology,I like the name always,a good basis) with the OU,as I have done for the last decade or so.I'll have to be quick for to start this year,or maybe too late.
We get a lot of kids wanting to do forensic this that and the other degrees. I warn them that in order for half the people doing forensics degrees to get jobs in forensic science, the other half are going to have to become serial killers.
I still believe in a town called Hope
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Maybe look in a mirror,as to inflexible mind.Not being facetious,but genuinely.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not to advance career (either option) clarification,but I did step.on a couple of cornflakes this morning.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Pm doesn't work. And I'm not talking Theresa May.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

HindleA wrote:I thought it was the Labour Party members that had a problem with women.

Quite happy to cast doubt on the abilities of Burgon, Starmer, or Gardiner if you like. Indeed, they're a bit easier as they've said some things.

I do think McDonnell is very able, for what it is worth. Appalling, but very able.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

PF have sent a test,see if you can reply.

Do you need to free up space?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Happy birthday to extankie,if about/people can pass message on