Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th September 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th September 2017

Post by HindleA »

Lenny learning Italian.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@HSOM -on a more sensible wavelength,perhaps.
Last edited by HindleA on Sat 23 Sep, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

It was to Howsillyme because I linked and quoted from last night but here it is again.

https://notthetreasuryview.blogspot.co. ... -keep.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

The Parents and teachers for Excellence "conference" (well, half a day) is going on and this bit...
Summer Turner‏
@ragazza_inglese
Follow
More
Aims: @PTE_Campaign @lehain
Celebrate not shame, build broad coalition, polite Twitter debate &break the Westminster bubble #PTE17
Interesting that this teacher now works for Inspiration trust whose founder said this:
Too often the education debate in this country has been conducted by elites in Westminster and Whitehall.
Yes, that really is Dame Rachel De Souza who works for a trust whose founder was a non-executive director at the DfE...

:roll:

And as I pointed out yesterday, Justine Greening is speaking later - damn those Westminster elites in their bubble!
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@HindleA and howsillyofme1

Thank you.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

HindleA wrote:It was to Howsillyme because I linked and quoted from last night but here it is again.

https://notthetreasuryview.blogspot.co. ... -keep.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw that comment

I just assumed that she was being inept and had forgotten what her policy actually was.....or lying. She is a Tory after all so either could be applicable

Pity that Barnier is quite clever....not that he needs to be though to be honest
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

PTE‏ @PTE_Campaign 5m5 minutes ago
More
.@JustineGreening discusses how important teachers are to lifting up our whole education system. #PTE17
Amazing - I bet no-one's thought of that before!

No, from what I've seen so far it hasn't been any better than this...
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

PorFavor wrote:@HindleA and howsillyofme1

Thank you.
Your thanks are gratefully received....even though I have no idea what I have done to deserve them apart from managing to be polite for two consecutive posts (couldn't manage three as I was rude about the PM in my last one)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

(Obviously started on the gin and trying to get a threesome)
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

HindleA wrote:Armed gorillas was another one.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.publicsectorexecutive.com/Pu ... rite=false#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Councils falling short of preventive care obligations
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Antony Little‏
@antonylittle
Follow
More
A blast from @fox_claire saying "stop whinging about the lack of cash" #PTE17
That's the well-known expert on schools and school finances talking there...

tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

https://www.conservativehome.com/platfo ... ition.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So, has all the posturing about the Brexit bill has been in vain?
The Prime Minister’s Florence speech was a horrible, corpse-like stumble into the waiting arms of Michel Barnier. He won’t be giving her a helping hand, though; he’ll be reaching into her pocket to grab her purse and then giving her a bit of a shove to help her on her fall.
The Brexiteers have a huge advantage: the way Article 50 works means that, if the Government does not give them what they (and the majority of the country’s voters) want, then they can impose a hard Brexit by bringing it down.
Not entirely happy then.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Suddenly gone quiet in here.......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Suddenly gone quiet in here.......
It's all that end of the world business.

hxxp://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/857846/end ... anada-live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note to those which this might present a Problem For - I have x'd out the beginning of the address because I don't want to put a live link to the express. You have to copy and paste the link and then change the xx to tt. Apologies if this is bleedin' obvious.
I still believe in a town called Hope
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
Antony Little‏
@antonylittle
Follow
More
A blast from @fox_claire saying "stop whinging about the lack of cash" #PTE17
That's the well-known expert on schools and school finances talking there...

Yeah. It's not like staff are walking out over this or anything.

Oh hang on.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
HindleA wrote:It was to Howsillyme because I linked and quoted from last night but here it is again.

I saw that comment

I just assumed that she was being inept and had forgotten what her policy actually was.....or lying. She is a Tory after all so either could be applicable

Pity that Barnier is quite clever....not that he needs to be though to be honest
Yeah, I think she forgot the policy too. I don't know why she's being taken seriously.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

If the UK doesn't have appropriate trade agreements and customs arrangements in place when necessary, lives and businesses are in a tough spot, isn't that the case? I'm not catastrophising for sport, I'm trying to understand. I'm unhappy with all the noises current Tory government have made thus far and wonder what they're playing at. The UK is one country, an economy its prosperity depends on being connected to other nations' economies. Other nations aren't facing catastrophic breakdown should the UK be unavailable for buying or selling.

I'm uncomfortable with the bombastic arrogance of this government. They don't care if people don't have enough to eat.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:

I saw that comment

Yeah, I think she forgot the policy too. I don't know why she's being taken seriously.
If we're talking about EU nationals already here, then we're talking about a finite number of people - not exactly a big deal in the grander scheme of things to get things moving. She's already done the obvious of accepting the four freedoms for the transition. It's possible she's doing the obvious with this, too.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

If we're talking about EU nationals already here, then we're talking about a finite number of people - not exactly a big deal in the grander scheme of things to get things moving. She's already done the obvious of accepting the four freedoms for the transition. It's possible she's doing the obvious with this, too

Not prepared to give her any benefit of the doubt on this based on the appalling incompetence she has shown in all aspects of Brexit........

She has shown she cannot deal with unscripted and uncontrolled exchanges and I am on Tubby's page that she has just not understood the implications of what she said

Even if you are right are you sure those who will be frothing at this will accept that EU UK residents will have more rights that UK citizen residents?

I am not so convinced she has accepted the four freedoms either for the transition - it appears she has but with the ineptness of the Tories until Barnier has confirmed it has been agreed in the negotiations then I will refrain from heaping praise on her
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

@howsillyofme1
I don't trust her either for the reasons you've listed
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not just a case,like Cameron repeatedly did,prior to,through process and after enaction of maintaining a line of "the disabled are exempt" when they weren't when faced with the question/evidence contrary to regarding the bedroom tax,in robotic fashion.It was clear it was a lie and easilly seen to be absolute bollox on two seconds investigation but it "stuck" as a phrase in the minds of far too many?As an example.
Last edited by HindleA on Sun 24 Sep, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/ ... sen-review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So They Call You Pisher! by Michael Rosen review – Communism, Clive James and attitude.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Lenny's hygiene much improved,even cleans up after himself.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
If we're talking about EU nationals already here, then we're talking about a finite number of people - not exactly a big deal in the grander scheme of things to get things moving. She's already done the obvious of accepting the four freedoms for the transition. It's possible she's doing the obvious with this, too

Not prepared to give her any benefit of the doubt on this based on the appalling incompetence she has shown in all aspects of Brexit........

She has shown she cannot deal with unscripted and uncontrolled exchanges and I am on Tubby's page that she has just not understood the implications of what she said

Even if you are right are you sure those who will be frothing at this will accept that EU UK residents will have more rights that UK citizen residents?

I am not so convinced she has accepted the four freedoms either for the transition - it appears she has but with the ineptness of the Tories until Barnier has confirmed it has been agreed in the negotiations then I will refrain from heaping praise on her
It's hardly "heaping praise" to suggest when push comes to shove it's possible she's being forced to bend to the EU's will. Rather the opposite, actually.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

RogerOThornhill wrote:The Parents and teachers for Excellence "conference" (well, half a day) is going on and this bit...
Summer Turner‏
@ragazza_inglese
Follow
More
Aims: @PTE_Campaign @lehain
Celebrate not shame, build broad coalition, polite Twitter debate &break the Westminster bubble #PTE17
Interesting that this teacher now works for Inspiration trust whose founder said this:
Too often the education debate in this country has been conducted by elites in Westminster and Whitehall.
Yes, that really is Dame Rachel De Souza who works for a trust whose founder was a non-executive director at the DfE...

And as I pointed out yesterday, Justine Greening is speaking later - damn those Westminster elites in their bubble!
It's just been pointed out that this conference with all of its talk about getting away from the Westminster bubble actually took place...in Westminster.

You really couldn't make this stuff up...
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not sure.I didn't view it as on the hoof response,she must have known it would come up/anticipated.The brief question/answer session looked a bit contrived to me.Not saying she knew the questions beforehand but would have rehearsed them if x was asked etc.She would know the "take" from the people she invited quesions from.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Really "annoying",elections/votes, recently.I think I should become the acknowledged supreme being of the known and unknown Universe and sort it out.As long as tobacco and tea levels are maintained I am usually benign.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

What was the venue called "The Bubble" ?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.dw.com/en/how-does-the-germa ... a-37805756" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How does the German general election work?

http://www.dw.com/en/top-stories/german ... n/s-100649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

[youtube]xi49yirJiEA[/youtube]
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rce-crisis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Brexit rules ‘could lead to unskilled workforce crisis’

A weird concept of unskilled(to me,anyway)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Everbody else's job is easy until you try it.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Well this is good news...

Growing speculation academies minister Lord Nash is preparing to quit the DfE

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news/br ... g-quit-dfe
One leading advocate of school autonomy said: "This is concerning news. John Nash is among the last of the old school of Gove-era ministerial education reformers. It is imperative that his replacement is someone equally determined and committed to the cause of academies and system autonomy."
Which basically translates as "Give us the money and then bugger off and leave us alone."
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Any views on possible replacement?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

And where are PF and CJA's good nights',slackers.Really isn't good enough.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Everbody else's job is easy until you try it.
'unskilled work' is called that to justify paying crap wages
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:And where are PF and CJA's good nights',slackers.Really isn't good enough.
Goodnight, HindleA
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-41372373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anas Sarwar relinquishes shares in family firm
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Goodnight cja.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Night o.PF.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not the IDS Easterhouse Conversion bollox again.

This example from eight years earlier

http://benefitscroungingscum.blogspot.c ... h-for.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Trouble is with any myth,if you combat it,it maintains credence to the extent of needing to be combatted;if you leave,it retains.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Well this is good news...

Growing speculation academies minister Lord Nash is preparing to quit the DfE

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news/br ... g-quit-dfe
One leading advocate of school autonomy said: "This is concerning news. John Nash is among the last of the old school of Gove-era ministerial education reformers. It is imperative that his replacement is someone equally determined and committed to the cause of academies and system autonomy."
Which basically translates as "Give us the money and then bugger off and leave us alone."
Nick Gibb might not feel too flattered. Isn't he a Gove-era "reformer"?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Nick Gibb might not feel too flattered. Isn't he a Gove-era "reformer"?

Yeah but Sam Freedman said that Gibb was always more interested in curriculum and assessment.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Hopefully tinyclanger2 sleeps occasionally.Speaking as a zombie dishevelled brain frazzled warning of not doing.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I have kips.Funny,how you think you have had a few hours when it is about twenty minutes sometimes and reverse.
Last edited by HindleA on Sun 24 Sep, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

[youtube]Q4OEGQGCFiM[/youtube]
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

:sleep: :rofl:
Last edited by HindleA on Sun 24 Sep, 2017 2:00 am, edited 5 times in total.