Tuesday 24th October 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 24th October 2017

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... sleep-time" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Children’s homes fear closure in face of back pay for carers’ sleep time
Homes believe closure possible if they do not get help with bills after change in interpretation of wage rules for night staff
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

FWIW this is issue has been contentious for many decades.Quite the norm to work an eight hour shift,be there overnight and at least until after breakfast the next day,if not a 24 hr shift.We were salaried had the holidays off and had a fair whack, but other places not so Quite often by the care assistant rather than residential care worker ruse for the same thing..What happened in some places was they broke up the shifts to comply with directives ? and employed separate night staff.Further complicated because of whether categorised as wake-in or sleep-in.Far from the wiping peoples' bums denigration beloved of the sneerers you actually need a variety of skills to do it well the job seems to have become deemed not so by and pun intended arse about face reasoning that low pay means low skilled.The times we were called upon by the teaching or indeed nursing staff (and no offence intended but they didn't know the students as we did)to help with Stephen,for example biting his hand in fear that God is going to punish him for not going to Church and putting his false eye in his dinner Carl deciding he wants to try some DIY by putting his fist through a glass window,persuading Christian not to jump of a bridge and indeed Tim to let go of the engineering teachers testicles were common.We weren't necessarilly "at work" but didn't mind if about (live-in) because respected,reasonably paid and felt valued,part of the team and committed.
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 25 Oct, 2017 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Personally I find MrA's mixture of whimsy and incisive thought a breathe of fresh air

Cuts through the tendency towards self-absorbed seriousness of some of us (and yes, that includes me)

I also never block anyone - in the case of Hugo it would just allow him to continue posting his nonsense unchallenged if we all did the same and make occasional visitors think, God forbid, we passively agreed with his pathetic nonsense

His occasional interesting posts are hidden away......and actually not worth all the rest
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Being serious,I accept bollox,stupidity and "playing "with things eg.a you tube link from a poster's word or PF being a gin-soaked chain smoker(when the truth is far worse)It is not for me to say if that is boring but I can't see banal as in unoriginal.