Wednesday 1st November 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Re: Wednesday 1st November 2017

Post by tinybgoat »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"@ lisanandy
3 yrs ago, I asked Theresa May to act on evidence that Whips had covered up sexual misconduct. Today at #PMQs I asked her again to act."
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

There is nothing more political than attempting to providing a place/avenue or discussion,advice,offloading,relaying of information/support through difficult times either in individual or more general terms etc there are numerous ways people choice to do that.If not,what is the purpose.But with that comes responsibilty,I suggest you try some.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

SpinningHugo wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:I do, genuinely, like the moderation by Paul here. What is allowed, and what is not, and by whom, is entertaining.
I'm not a moderator.

This place works because we set our own ground rules. The Admin here try and sense what those are and apply them. You knew that to be a provocative comment when you posted it, so why do it? It's been pointed out before that it's upsetting to other posters here, not in a political discussion sort of way, but in a more personal, emotional, well-being sort of way.

If you want I'll resign as Admin. But if the others do the same the Forum is gone, which may be your aim of course.

Now PLEASE leave it and keep the discussion to politics rather than fellow posters.
I see. And so calling another poster a cunt or a twat or a troll isn't provocative?

TBH, I think I'm not the main culprit when it comes to straying off politics.

But, as I say, I enjoy the moderation.
OK that's OUT OF ORDER

If anyone complains to me (or the other Admin) about offensive comments such as you mention it WILL be dealt with I assure you. Similar issues HAVE been dealt with in the past. It's not all about you.

Personally, I'm not going to tolerate any more of this. ONE MORE comment directed at me personally (or another poster) and it has to be trouble Hugo. I absolutely welcome a diversity of voices, but these personal attacks have no place here.

[Edited to say. SpinningHugo if you are not happy with any of this, you can message me and/or other Admin and deal with it offline. Thanks.]
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... referendum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Electoral Commission to investigate Arron Banks’ Brexit donations
Watchdog to consider whether leave campaigner broke campaign finance rules in run-up to EU referendum
Interesting, and irrelevant I'm sure, factoid I've just discovered is that Arron Banks has a Russian wife called Katya. It is, indeed, a small world, is it not? ;)
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

If you don't approve of the moderation here, you can always not post. Just saying like.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

1. I am VERY happy with the moderation. I hope it continues in *exactly* the same way.

2. In the spirit of help and assistance

https://www.grammarly.com/m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by SpinningHugo on Wed 01 Nov, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I am aware of my use of colloquial English in the above post. It wasn't unintentional :)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -proposals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Official review backs 'Hillsborough law' proposals.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

PfY

I have just deleted a post which falls foul of your (fair) last comment

Just to say though I have frequently found some of Hugo's comments unacceptable and offensive and responded in that way - I do not believe blocking or ignoring his provocation is the right response.....leaving his comments unchallenged and pointing out that many, if not all, of us do not subscribe to his view of the world is a valid response.

The only way to get around this is having a banning/strong moderation and removal of posts but I do not think you or Dan want this to be the cae - which I agree with

I have been responsible for personal attacks in the past - sometimes unfairly, and I have tried to make amends for that where possible (for example Tubby and I have buried some differences in the recent past). My views of Hugo though are very clear and I stand behind my comments about him

I would suggest that unless there is a strong moderation or banning policy then we should be able to response strongly to any of his provocations, simplistic arguments or misrepresentations - trying to do so politely has clearly not worked in the past

In the end it is up to the admin's to set the required standards and if my behaviour falls foul of that then, as AK says, it is up to me to adapt or leave.....it is not a right to be here
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

In the spirit of helping: HindleA

"pool",is a well worn and used camouflage tactic of eugenists,in the context of what was being discussed,extreme carelessness at best.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

howsillyofme1 wrote:PfY

I have just deleted a post which falls foul of your (fair) last comment

Just to say though I have frequently found some of Hugo's comments unacceptable and offensive and responded in that way - I do not believe blocking or ignoring his provocation is the right response.....leaving his comments unchallenged and pointing out that many, if not all, of us do not subscribe to his view of the world is a valid response.

The only way to get around this is having a banning/strong moderation and removal of posts but I do not think you or Dan want this to be the cae - which I agree with

I have been responsible for personal attacks in the past - sometimes unfairly, and I have tried to make amends for that where possible (for example Tubby and I have buried some differences in the recent past). My views of Hugo though are very clear and I stand behind my comments about him

I would suggest that unless there is a strong moderation or banning policy then we should be able to response strongly to any of his provocations, simplistic arguments or misrepresentations - trying to do so politely has clearly not worked in the past

In the end it is up to the admin's to set the required standards and if my behaviour falls foul of that then, as AK says, it is up to me to adapt or leave.....it is not a right to be here
In my view you say what you say within the ground rules in the top ribbon. If people don't like what you say, they can alert Admin. That's how this place tends to work.

Anyway I have the day job to do. Play nicely friends ;-)
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

[youtube]v-j11mksGic[/youtube]
"What you do, with what you've got" - Si Kahn
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Sorry some have to work today!

Toussaint here and so am having a day of leisure
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"The first recorded All Saints’ Day occurred on 13 May 609 CE when Pope Boniface IV accepted the Pantheon in Rome as a gift from the Emperor Phocas. The Pope dedicated the day as a holiday to honour the Blessed Virgin and all the martyrs.

In 835 CE, during the reign of Pope Gregory III, the festival was moved to 1 November and was expanded to include the honouring of all saints. It is likely that 1 November was intentionally chosen to replace the pagan feast of the dead, Samhain. The night before Samhain was a time when evil spirits roamed the land looking for humans."
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... arina-hyde" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keys, Gray and Allardyce talk football, or are they talking about something else?
Marina Hyde
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... or-workers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

News story
New sleep-in shift pay compliance scheme launched to support social care sector and identify back pay for workers
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 01 Nov, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.communitycare.co.uk/2017/10/ ... ealth-act/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DoLS reform to take account of planned Mental Health Act changes
Government 'carefully considering' Law Commission proposals to reform Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, says minister

(Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Since it was mentioned by Mr.Skinner.The village of Newton.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton,_Derbyshire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.social-policy.org.uk/50-for- ... ld-policy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why the two-child policy is the worst social security policy ever
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... by-muslims" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Inquiry rejects press claims about 'Christian' girl fostered by Muslims
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

This is very interesting. A plan so cunning.....

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Willow904 wrote:It does seem to be a major part of the Tory voting personality to be completely unable to consider why things had previously developed in the way they did, preferring to believe petty reasons behind things which are inconvenient for them.

So speed cameras are deemed always to have been installed to make money out of innocent drivers and not at all in response to the death of someone at the hands of a speeding driver. Although it is also an idiom that it will take a death to convince the council to put in speed cameras or traffic lights or whatever they would like to see happen.

Still, can't quite work out the petty, malicious reason why lone disabled people came to be given more money that needs to be "corrected" by UC. And if it was on purpose, which I presume it was, then taking it away must surely deserve an explanation as to reasoning for why they don't need it any more.
Something needs to be done. This is a thing. I am going to do this.

I believe this is the thought process.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Really, what is there left to say?

howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:This is very interesting. A plan so cunning.....

I know not everyone has been impressed by all the decisions Labour has made regarding Europe but since the election Starmer seems to be running things very impressively

How we could do with him in charge of the negotiations now!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

True but a bicycle pump called Cyril would be an improvement.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Evening all. Library day today and the internet connection was horrendous.
Faisal Islam‏Verified account @faisalislam 6m6 minutes ago
More
Government will have to release the impact studies now - or else risk Contempt of the House
Excellent.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.jrf.org.uk/blog/how-can-pol ... ign=buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How can politicians win back low-income voters?

JRF
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Wow.

Laura Kuenssberg‏Verified account @bbclaurak 10m10 minutes ago
More
BREAKING- Michael Fallon has resigned as Defence Secretary, admitting his behaviour in the past may have ‘fallen short’
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

THE FIRST DOMINO.......??
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@RogerOThornhill

Crikey Moses!
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Right, meeting now.

Maybe the 2nd one will have gone by the time I return...
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

howsillyofme1 wrote:

I know not everyone has been impressed by all the decisions Labour has made regarding Europe but since the election Starmer seems to be running things very impressively

I don't know. He could perhaps make an excellent job of delivering BINO. (I believe the 'Norway option' doesn't solve the Irish border problem so it has to be CU as well.)

On the other hand, if staying in the EU is what's desired, the tories are much more likely to deliver such a complete shambles that public opinion turns round before the end of next year. A high risk strategy for Remainers.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... esearchers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Resistance to changes in grammar is futile say researchers
Linguists say that random chance plays a bigger role than previously thought in the evolution of language
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ss-toaster" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kitchen gadgets review: Bacon Express – this toaster for bacon is the abomination we deserve
This looks like a clutch bag for meat, and left my house smelling like Gloucester Old Spot for a week
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.scottishhousingnews.com/1807 ... er-people/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Older people will have greater access to affordable homes with the introduction of greater flexibility to shared equity schemes, housing minister Kevin Stewart has announced.

For the first time, older people will be able to access a range of home ownership schemes offered by the Scottish Government.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

:-
Attachments
IMG_20171101_200908.jpg
IMG_20171101_200908.jpg (144.79 KiB) Viewed 13043 times
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

gilsey wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:

I don't know. He could perhaps make an excellent job of delivering BINO. (I believe the 'Norway option' doesn't solve the Irish border problem so it has to be CU as well.)

On the other hand, if staying in the EU is what's desired, the tories are much more likely to deliver such a complete shambles that public opinion turns round before the end of next year. A high risk strategy for Remainers.
Good thinking there ! And thankyou for BINO :-)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2017/11/ ... redit-docs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DWP fights to block publication of Universal Credit Documents
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://labour.org.uk/about/sexual-harassment-policy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Labour's sexual harrassment Policy.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Defence Secretary?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Keir Starmer delivers the Beano? Well I never.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

[youtube]0H27pAYM7X4[/youtube]
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Julia Hartley-Brewer has been speaking on the 'phone to Sky TV News. She thinks that if he's resigned over her knee thing it's ridiculous, but said that she hears that there are other rumours swirling around about Michael Fallon. She sounded very jolly about it all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Ha ha ...
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2017/11/ ... redit-docs

DWP fights to block publication of Universal Credit Documents
The sting is in the tail of the article --
Universal Credit is in every jobcentre and UC claimants are moving into work faster and staying in work longer than under the old system. These documents fall under the exemption that allows staff to have free and frank discussions to explore, develop and come up with solutions in the conduct of public policy.”
So 'staff' pointed out the obvious weaknesses of UC, the consequences of which have inexorably come to pass ?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:Julia Hartley-Brewer has been speaking on the 'phone to Sky TV News. She thinks that if he's resigned over her knee thing it's ridiculous, but said that she hears that there are other rumours swirling around about Michael Fallon. She sounded very jolly about it all.
According to the BBC, not the case.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Evening all.

Have successfully induction cooked spaghetti bolognese :dance:

So we're sticking to tradition I see. With Labour it's money, with the Tories it's always sex. We still haven't learnt anything new of note, though, as far as I can tell. Least scandalous scandal so far. Where are the revelations?
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well, I'm not alone in starting to suspect this list was actually a decoy......
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@Willow904

Congratulations!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09bxk9d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PTO.
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 01 Nov, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.