Thursday 2nd November 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 2nd November 2017

Post by HindleA »

?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

#Paul Lewis

Govt has quietly announced that Class 2 self-employed NICS of £148 a year will NOT now be abolished from April 2018 but from April 2019.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

And here I am. Glad someone can be depended upon . . .
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"someone"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"OOOH hark at 'er"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"What did you last slave die of?"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I didn't know your cat played the clarinet.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

HindleA wrote:I didn't know your cat played the clarinet.
That's an oboe, I'll have you know.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Has the cat got a name or would it rather remain anonymous/on the run for tax evasion etc?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/l ... -mps-hear/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Local NHS is blackmailing service-users into accepting unsafe care, MPs hear

research by disabled campaigner Fleur Perry showed that more than 40 clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) appeared to be willing to move disabled people with high-cost support packages into residential or nursing homes against their wishes
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

HindleA wrote:Has the cat got a name or would it rather remain anonymous/on the run for tax evasion etc?
Her name's Constance (although I suspect it's an alias - she's very reticent on that).
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

That was sister's middle name,as it happens.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"She knows we are talking about her"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Natural blonde or dyed?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

HindleA wrote:Natural blonde or dyed?
She's gone for the long-haired dark and light tabby for the winter. Or were you asking about me? Even so, I've gone for the same although my tail's nowhere near as luxuriant. You need to clean that lens . . .
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I always go for the windswept and non interesting look,never fails.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

My mum was housekeeper for Pym for a bit.Met him a couple of times,nr Sandy,Bedfordshire.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Just after booted out of Cabinet,still MP "Centre Forward" etc.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

HindleA wrote:My mum was housekeeper for Pym for a bit.Met him a couple of times,nr Sandy,Bedfordshire.
My mother's friend's sister (you following this?) was David Owen's housekeeper (his Limehouse gaff).

Your turn . . .
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

My dad's warrant had Pym's signature on (as defence secretary)within in a few years he was living on his estate.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

One of my aunties went to singing classes with Vera Lynn (without the same outcome, it must be said).
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Whilst playing the board game Westminster,he made a visit,when being informed the Communists were in power,he said "excellent",although that seemed his preferred response/word.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

We had amahs,as previously stated.We had "staff" working in our home,doing domestic stuff.I am actually conflicted over the overnight payment thing,particularly over the coverage,what it does do is highlight complexity of real life,rather than easy fit ie employer v employee.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Gavin Williamson profile: an ambitious 'chop-your-head-off type of man' (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ype-of-man
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Ie "bad" employer v "exploited" worker.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Funnily enough there were trying to take the piss/advantage employees,shocking I know.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

Evening, folks,
Just foaming at this:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... ils-to-pay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Those useless gits at Crapita are supposed to be in charge of teachers pensions and they are hopeless. Now they are screwing trainee GP’s. Please Jeremy, end all this outsourcing shit as a matter of priority.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Body battery very low,need recharging.

Good nigh
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

t
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@HindleA

Night night.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Body battery very low,need recharging.

Good nigh
Goodnight, HindleA
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

PF can you ask Constance to turn her oboe down a notch,cheers.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@citizenJA

Night night.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

55DegreesNorth wrote:Evening, folks,
Just foaming at this:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... ils-to-pay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Those useless gits at Crapita are supposed to be in charge of teachers pensions and they are hopeless. Now they are screwing trainee GP’s. Please Jeremy, end all this outsourcing shit as a matter of priority.
It's outrageous that this demonstrably useless outfit is paid for by the taxpayer.

Edited to add -

I had to deal with them over my civil service pension. Arse\elbow piss-up\brewery. And they seemed to think that it was somehow only to be expected and not at all unacceptable.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Ears prick up.I also receive a Civil Service Pension but I don't have an oboe playing cat,as far as I am aware.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

HindleA wrote:Ears prick up.I also receive a Civil Service Pension but I don't have an oboe playing cat,as far as I am aware.
Oh, you'd be aware, alright! Is the volume better now? (You've ruined recital night
(every Thursday), incidentally.)
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:McVey's appointment has given some rightwingers the chance to be performatively woke with that quote from McDonnell, though :roll:
What McDonnell said was revolting.

That McVey may also have done horrible things is no excuse at all.

Again, this is the "my party right or wrong" attitude that so disfigures politics. Politics as sport, with no ethical dimension to it.

The ongoing harassment allegations are just one example of that, with the morally bankrupt on each side gleefully taking it as an opportunity to score points as each allegation breaks, one against the other.
Last edited by SpinningHugo on Thu 02 Nov, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The volume of the oboe is o.k. now,it was you ranting in a loud voice about Crapita and your bloody pension that disturbed me,and how the fart was I supposed to know it was recital night for an oboe playing cat.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

SpinningHugo wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:McVey's appointment has given some rightwingers the chance to be performatively woke with that quote from McDonnell, though :roll:

That McVey may also have done horrible hinge is no excuse at all.

Again, this is the "my party right or wrong" attitude that so disfigures politics. Politics as sport, with no ethical dimension to it.

The ongoing harassment allegations are just one example of that, with the morally bankrupt on each side gleefully taking it as an opportunity to score points as each allegation breaks, one against the other.
Don't you get bored of posting the same intellectually bankrupt guff every day? I know I get bored reading it (unlike most of the stuff written on the two blogs I read)

You even had the gall to insult the venerable and learned Mr A a couple of weeks ago!

I don't know what your motives are (well that is a lie I think I have a very good idea actually) but I can tell you that you have never managed to make a coherent enough argument to make me change my mind - and I have had my mind changed on here many times thanks to some of the arguments put forward

Go and take some lessons in influencing and persuasion - you could learn something
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

oh and McVey is an appalling person who was part of the attack on the poor and disabled - she showed very little humanity at all....I have nothing but contempt for her and her politics

Her presence in the house and in a position of power is, in my view, one of the reasons why the Tories are not fit for Government

It seems we are in a world where what one says is considered much worse than what one does.....you are castigated for saying bad things but groping women is not considered as bad!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Nothing to do with party.Anybody whatsoever with a smidgeon of knowledge was appalled by Esther M.being anywhere near the area she was responsible for.An eager rival to IDS in compulsive lying,being atrociously ill-informed and making things up as she went along.Of note of course, is that some on the left and certainly not confined to a particular facrtionhave not dissimilar views of previous Labour ministers,on exactly the same basis,but some here view them differently.The reversal of SH's contention.
Last edited by HindleA on Thu 02 Nov, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

SpinningHugo wrote:

Depends what you read, and what you believe, Hugo.

" Raising a point of order, Mr McDonnell said various allegations had been made.

He told MPs: “Let me make it very, very straightforward - I have never called for any harm to be done to any member of this House or anybody else.

“I have reported statements that were made at a public meeting in the Wirral constituency, not that I agreed with but I reported them"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... hn-8125900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

see Kelvin Hopkins has been suspended by the party for some undefined inappropriate behaviour

possibly won't be the last.....at least the decision was made with no messing about
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

AngryAsWell wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:

" Raising a point of order, Mr McDonnell said various allegations had been made.

He told MPs: “Let me make it very, very straightforward - I have never called for any harm to be done to any member of this House or anybody else.

“I have reported statements that were made at a public meeting in the Wirral constituency, not that I agreed with but I reported them"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... hn-8125900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
see Hugo this is how you post something informative (and AAW and I have not always been on the same page in the past it is fair to say) but this puts it into context

As said, you can have a different interpretation and draw different conclusions from what was said but your interpretation and mine will likely be very different

I am a left-wing Labour supporter and so that will influence my views and my interpretation - I though do try to keep an open mind and be prepared to change it if the facts change - what I do not accept though is your approach of assuming your opinion is correct and mine is wrong
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

AngryAsWell wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:

Yes.

I think McDonnell's "explanation" is laughable. He was clearly joking about lynching her.

And, again, if you think that is excused by McVey's behaviour I don't agree.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

I think McDonnell's "explanation" is laughable. He was clearly joking about lynching her.

And, again, if you think that is excused by McVey's behaviour I don't agree
There you go again using the word 'clearly' when it is anything but

If you want to interpret it as that then you can do and make your decisions based on that but I could just easily say he was 'clearly' reporting on what other people said.

I wouldn't use the word 'clearly' though as it isn't anything of the kind

I find McVey's actions (things she has done and not said) in persecuting people less fortunate as her far more reprehensible
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

@Hugo - (fell foul of the 3 quote rule)

If he had said it I would agree with you, but it seems he did not. It was said in a meeting and he reported hearing it, does that make him "guilty"? Not in my book.
As for McVey - least said soonest mended, though it will take many years to even start to heal the damage she has been party to causing.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@howsilly he blocks me.Obviously my stunning wit,breadth of knowledge and links of information are too much for him.It happens,a cross I will have to bear.