Mon 13 Nov, 2017 2:05 pm
There has been an admin discussion going on in private messages about trolling and banning. For the moment, this is what we think...
1. The 'report abuse' button on every post is always available to bring an issue to the attention of admin. It is very helpful (for which read 'pretty much essential') to explain exactly what you are reporting and why.
2. If the concern is about, for want of a better word, trolling - "The art of deliberately, cleverly and secretly pissing people off, usually by the internet, using dialogue" (Urban Dictionary) then please report to admin rather than engage with the trolling. There is an argument that when you engage with trolling it stops being trolling and becomes discussion.
3. If admin think it's necessary they will raise the issue with the poster concerned. This could involve 'formal' warnings (which are built into the forum's structure)
4. Members can moan at admin privately or publicly (but preferably privately) if admin decide not to follow something up, and will get a response. Admin are not the big decision makers - the board is more generally - but there may be cases where somebody has to make a short term decision about (for example) the content of a particular post.
5. A continued pattern of conduct considered trolling could lead to a poster being banned from the board, but this would not happen without an open discussion on the forum.
There always has been, and still is, a fundamental principle here that moderation is entirely reactive - it responds to raised concerns rather than jumping in to uphold some kind of code of conduct.
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 4:53 am
Thank you for sharing the information. I am new to this forum. It will be really helpful for me to participate here.
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 8:18 am
Помогло бы мне перевести его на русский?