Tuesday 14th November 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 14th November 2017

Post by PorFavor »

Brackets. (Please see above edit.) Of course, I could be lying through my teeth . . .
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Terrific news about Farage and HnH.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Terrific news about Farage and HnH.
He's being a dick about it though. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/bl ... 06ce8c90d9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Home Secretary Amber Rudd has suggested Britons could only book a holiday abroad if they went through the Foreign Office before Margaret Thatcher came to power, in a speech at a centre-right thinktank. (Politics Live, Guardian)
I think it was rather more than a suggestion if the following quote (same source as the one above) is accurate:
“I remember my father, who set up a business, saying to me that if you wanted to get a telephone line in your business it could take months, it could take years,” she told the guests at the launch, in previously unreported remarks.

Those were extraordinary days then, if you wanted a sandwich on British Rail you had to be pretty hungry. If you were going on holiday, you booked it through the FCO rather than through Thomas Cook or Booking.com. Those were such different days and most of us, until very recently, thought that those days had gone for good.

Edited - typo
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

PorFavor wrote:
Home Secretary Amber Rudd has suggested Britons could only book a holiday abroad if they went through the Foreign Office before Margaret Thatcher came to power, in a speech at a centre-right thinktank. (Politics Live, Guardian)
I think it was rather more than a suggestion if the following quote (same source as the one above) is accurate:
“I remember my father, who set up a business, saying to me that if you wanted to get a telephone line in your business it could take months, it could take years,” she told the guests at the launch, in previously unreported remarks.

Those were extraordinary days then, if you wanted a sandwich on British Rail you had to be pretty hungry. If you were going on holiday, you booked it through the FCO rather than through Thomas Cook or Booking.com. Those were such different days and most of us, until very recently, thought that those days had gone for good.

Edited - typo
Amber tinted Glasses. (Similar to Rose tinted, but more Sepia) edit: I haven't worked out if she thinks days returning is good or bad)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@tinybgoat

Yes - I had trouble with that, too. Good old days? Bad old days? Must have confused and conflicted a lot of "Brexiters" who read the article.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@citizenJA

Night night.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Russia used 419 fake accounts to tweet about Brexit, data shows

Researchers find that accounts run from a St Petersburg troll farm tried to sow discord between Britons over the referendum (Guardian)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.