Wednesday 29th November 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 29th November 2017

Post by PorFavor »

[youtube]wwYzAnNRFQU[/youtube]
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -tolerance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tories briefed on new policies after fears about 'compassionless' image
Principles developed after backlash over party’s rhetoric on foxhunting and ivory trade during the general election
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"They were told polling suggests Conservatives are viewed as competent "

WTF would it take?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Have to admit that the Gordon Brown parody in the latest Private Eye is quite good :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Just been reading,as it happens.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"I am not,I hope,remote,offhand or uncommunicative and those who refuse to accept my essential warmth are beneath contempt.This is the message I wish to convey,,not only to my immediate family but to countless millions the world over.So I have asked my office to prepare a draft memo summarising this position,not for my own benefit,but for the benefit of the nation as a whole.
Then I decided to make a cup of tea.Tea is a warm,traditional beverage,best served in a cup or a "mug".In common with a great many people,I find it hugely relaxing when consumed in moderation.Despite what he maintained in public,Tony Blair never learnt to appreciate a nice cup of tea.I feel sure I remember him telling me,as early as March 1992,"I don't like tea one bit.Gordon,I only do it for show,so that I can end up Prime Minister"Out of loyalty,perhaps misplaced,I chose to reveal his chance remark to no one.But later it was to come back to haunt me.
These days,Tony is far from my thoughts.Who cares about him?.No one!I don't think about Tony Blair from one day to the next abd I am certainly not going to start thinking about Tony Blair as I make myself this tea.If it is,Tony's wish to spend his days brooding over his frankly shabby behaviour towards me then it is entirely up to Tony.But I hope he doesn't expect me to think about it !.Frankly,it is of no concern to me what Tony Blair does or does not do-though it may be worth pointing out that my own ability to make a satisfying cup of tea is now widely accepted,whereas Tony's is sadly,very much open to argument.
Yet one question remains.Why did he freeze me out when I offered to make him a cup of tea at 11.05 on the morning of November 12th 1995 and again on the morning of February 9th 1999?...Fortunately these monstrous slights from a man I once counted as a friend are not something I think about.
Last edited by HindleA on Thu 30 Nov, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I use my running machine for three quarters of an hour every morning.It's a useful way to exercise.So at this time of day,I always take my mug of hot tea to the machine and thump my fist hard down on the "on" switch.Then I start jogging as fast as is humanly possible.Needless to say the tea spills over everything,splashing all over my track suit,the floor and the four walls with their photographs of me conversing happily with other heads of state.But at least I'm a much,much better jogger than Tony Blair ever was,not that I ever think about Tony Blair.