Monday 4th December 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 4th December 2017

Post by AngryAsWell »

Ed Miliband‏Verified account
@Ed_Miliband
Following Following @Ed_Miliband

I told you the secret 'giant lava sinkhole' plan was on background and not for use... " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(I can't see what Pickard said as he's blocked me for some reason, never even tweeted him so no idea why)
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Here's Corbyn's reaction.
Jeremy Corbyn‏Verified account
@jeremycorbyn
The reason for today’s failure in the Brexit talks is the grubby deal the Tories did with the DUP after the election. Each passing day provides further evidence that @Theresa_May’s Government is completely ill-equipped to negotiate a successful deal for our country.
I'd be wary in fingering the DUP too much. Say the Tories blocked it. Which is also true. Swap those DUP for 10 more Tory MPs and it's still not going through.
I agree (see above)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@AAW

"hard to think how it could have been more chaotic under @Ed_Miliband unless a giant lava sinkhole opened up beneath all of us"

(re Cameron's phrase)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

#Martin Rowson

Nothing that's happened today has taken away from my deep, burning belief about the urgency in making @conservative party illegal. You know, like heroin & treason. The prospect of 90 yrs in gaol might just save one of these people from themselves. Worth it just for that.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Here's Corbyn's reaction.
Jeremy Corbyn‏Verified account
@jeremycorbyn
The reason for today’s failure in the Brexit talks is the grubby deal the Tories did with the DUP after the election. Each passing day provides further evidence that @Theresa_May’s Government is completely ill-equipped to negotiate a successful deal for our country.
I'd be wary in fingering the DUP too much. Say the Tories blocked it. Which is also true. Swap those DUP for 10 more Tory MPs and it's still not going through.
I agree (see above)
Erm, was the 'deal' really a good one, for everyone except the DUP ?

Or perhaps, really, for nobody...
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

HindleA wrote:@AAW

"hard to think how it could have been more chaotic under @Ed_Miliband unless a giant lava sinkhole opened up beneath all of us"

(re Cameron's phrase)
Thank you :)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Alex Weatherall‏
@A_Weatherall
5m5 minutes ago
More
So anyone saying that MPs had to give their password out to their interns so they could handle their mail doesn't understand how email systems work at all. Nearly all university email systems have this option. It's been a standard feature for decades.
When I was the financial accountant for our division we had a separate email account for the companies in our division to send their accounts to. All of my department plus my boss had access to it so that whoever saw something come in would deal with it. Plus we would stick anything in there that came down from HO rather than sending it to everyone. Really not complicated.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/co ... n#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Martin Rowson on British efforts to get a Brexit-Irish border deal
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

In the last decade, England have been set 350+ to win 15 times. Not only have they never won, they've never got within 100 of the target.

Pah.