Wednesday 13th December 2017.

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 13th December 2017.

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Aaaaannnddd...here she is.
Julia Hartley-Brewer‏Verified account
@JuliaHB1
Follow Follow @JuliaHB1
More
As a Brexiteer, I didn't vote to bring back power from the EU to the British Parliament. I voted to bring back power to the British people.

MPs don't get the final say. We, the people, do.
I guess Brendan O'Fuckwit's contribution will be along in the morning.

No matter how mad the left get, they will always get outdone by the frothing right.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Aaaaannnddd...here she is.
@JuliaHB1

So she's for another referendum on the final deal? Interesting. (Can we tweet that to her?)
I still believe in a town called Hope
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

adam wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Aaaaannnddd...here she is.
@JuliaHB1

So she's for another referendum on the final deal? Interesting. (Can we tweet that to her?)
Done.

Took a while - my "superfast broadband" *cough* is utter shite and has been for a week. Shouldn't have to wait minutes to be able to see latest tweets!
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Rob Ford‏
@robfordmancs
3h3 hours ago
More Rob Ford Retweeted Tim Montgomerie ن
Tory commentators: Momentum are angry fanatics aggressively pursuing anyone who dares deviate from their ideological doctrine

Also Tory commentators: DESELECT BREXIT SPLITTERS
Quite.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote: I don't think it matters.

The art 50 process means we leave in March 2019 unless the other EU27 agree to delay the process, regardless of Parliament. They took the important decision age ago, Labour supporting the government.

The effective decision then will be a no deal Brexit, or the deal the government has agreed. As the latter will be better than the car crash of the former, that will be that.

Politically, I also think this bad news for Labour. It will be a re-run of the art 50 vote. Either Labour backs Brexit or it doesn't. There may be a few doughty rebels, as there were last time, but I'd expect Corbyn and McDonnell to whip again for Brexit. For two reasons. First that is what they want. Second it is Labour's tactic to be ever so slightly more Remain-y than the government. So, as the government moves an inch away from Hard Brexit, Labour moves an inch further. Electorally, it has been a triumph. Just a disaster for the people Labour purports to represent.

The real fight is, no doubt, still about to start.

Vote Green.
This is NOT a campaigning site. It's not OK to come here with your 'Vote Green' propaganda. Please take it elsewhere.
Is there a forum rule about this that I am unaware of? Or is it just that you don't like it?
I don't like it. I don't think anyone else likes it. So whether there's a rule or not I think you should desist.

My dictionary says a Forum is "an Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board".

This is a Forum. I don't think "Vote Green" is either a comment or a reply.[/quote]

What about,, say "you should vote Green because on this easily the most important issue, they're right and the two Brexit parties wrong." Would that be better? Surely that is a comment?
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

No, it's a taunt.
(Imho,oh and don't call Paul, Shirley)

edited to add: Imho, qualification.