FlyTheNest

A haven
It is currently Wed 17 Oct, 2018 1:45 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline
First Secretary of State

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 3211
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 5547 times
Is it really a problem of the 'left' or how certain parties have lost their identity and seem to be devoid of principle?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline
Speaker of the House

Joined: Mon 23 Feb, 2015 8:23 am
Posts: 2006
Has thanked: 13322 times
Been thanked: 4054 times
https://www.politico.eu/article/davos-uk-slips-on-ice/
"UK slips on Davos ice
There’s little love for Brexit and its backers in the Alps this week."
Quote:
The unity is deep says Werner Hoyer, the head of the European Investment Bank. “Nobody has ever brought the Europeans closer together than [David] Cameron and Trump,” he said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 6:19 pm 
Online
Foreign Secretary

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 1491
Has thanked: 4743 times
Been thanked: 2178 times
Crace -- https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... eyond-help

Lighten up :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 6:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6143
Has thanked: 2140 times
Been thanked: 10137 times
frog222 wrote:

Excellent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:04 pm 
Online
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15243
Has thanked: 84133 times
Been thanked: 13698 times
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
frog222 wrote:

Excellent.
Yeah, Crace is wonderful
I'm very concerned about our futures though
Depressing day


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:19 pm 
Online
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 8043
Has thanked: 804 times
Been thanked: 17044 times
tinybgoat wrote:
https://www.politico.eu/article/davos-uk-slips-on-ice/
"UK slips on Davos ice
There’s little love for Brexit and its backers in the Alps this week."
Quote:
The unity is deep says Werner Hoyer, the head of the European Investment Bank. “Nobody has ever brought the Europeans closer together than [David] Cameron and Trump,” he said.


Mind you, quite a few will see Davos - or rather, the typical attendee - as part of the problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:46 pm 
Online
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15243
Has thanked: 84133 times
Been thanked: 13698 times
Quote:
UK job vacancies and numbers employed both hit record highs
Shortage of skilled staff helps raise pay but wage growth still lags behind inflation, official figures show
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... since-1971
The wages advertised for some doctors, for example, isn't enough to fulfil Home Office minimum pay rates for non-EU nationals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 8:05 pm 
Online
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 8043
Has thanked: 804 times
Been thanked: 17044 times
RIP Mark E Smith :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 8:28 pm 
Online
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15243
Has thanked: 84133 times
Been thanked: 13698 times
Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 9:58 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 16 Feb, 2015 1:22 pm
Posts: 4211
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 2277 times
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
RIP Mark E Smith :(



Cut up about this

https://twitter.com/SpinningHugo/status ... 2527252486


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 7364
Has thanked: 4490 times
Been thanked: 17049 times
Think more and more people are realising that Spiked have only one position - that of the contrarian. It becomes very predictable after a while.

Quote:
Hugo Rifkind
‏Verified account
@hugorifkind
5h5 hours ago
More
Am convulsed with anticipation waiting for the Spiked article about how badly the groping millionaires have been treated by Twitter.

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 10:18 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 7364
Has thanked: 4490 times
Been thanked: 17049 times
For some reason I never got into The Fall at the time - I was always more a Wire/Magazine man; and I did see the Witch Trials and Dragnet recently where I go to gigs (they have a record rack or three which is very tempting...) but never did pick them up.

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 10:25 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 3298
Location: Wombwell, United Kingdom
Has thanked: 891 times
Been thanked: 5950 times
RogerOThornhill wrote:
Think more and more people are realising that Spiked have only one position - that of the contrarian. It becomes very predictable after a while.

Quote:
Hugo Rifkind
‏Verified account
@hugorifkind
5h5 hours ago
More
Am convulsed with anticipation waiting for the Spiked article about how badly the groping millionaires have been treated by Twitter.

Ta-da! https://twitter.com/spikedonline/status ... 6194982912


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 10:42 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:35 pm
Posts: 5851
Has thanked: 10499 times
Been thanked: 7246 times
SpinningHugo wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
RIP Mark E Smith :(



Cut up about this

https://twitter.com/SpinningHugo/status ... 2527252486


"I've always thought of us as more a Salford band. Simply Red have some good tunes though."

Don't know about the band but he was born in Prestwich. (Actually Broughton Park, I think, which fell under Prestwich at that time - dam boundary changes!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018 10:47 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:35 pm
Posts: 5851
Has thanked: 10499 times
Been thanked: 7246 times
AngryAsWell wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
RIP Mark E Smith :(



Cut up about this

https://twitter.com/SpinningHugo/status ... 2527252486


"I've always thought of us as more a Salford band. Simply Red have some good tunes though."

Don't know about the band but he was born in Prestwich. (Actually Broughton Park, I think, which fell under Prestwich at that time - dam boundary changes!)


Wrong!
Just looked it up, born Broughton (not Broughton Park) and move to Prestwich early in life (Thank you Wikipedia)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adam, Bing [Bot], citizenJA, Exabot [Bot], frog222, gilsey, Google [Bot] and 47 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group