Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th February 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th February 2018

Post by HindleA »

You were.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

From my experience, this is just a symptom of a much larger change in the membership. Perhaps not reflected in all CLPs, but certainly in mine.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/734e ... cf9f50529e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

A whole week late to this, but it is clearly right

http://www.labourfirst.org/copy_of_councillors_letter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

SpinningHugo wrote:A whole week late to this, but it is clearly right

http://www.labourfirst.org/copy_of_councillors_letter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
none of your business - you have no connection to the Labour Party

I am a member and I completely disagree with the behaviour of Haringey Council and their leadership in this matter

If you want a say join the party - tell me if you are planning though and I can try to block your membership application as you would be a clear entryist
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Good interview with kober on Marr I thought. Good *because* she was robustly challenged with the kind of points people on here would want put.

I wonder if front rank politicians are given an easier ride because it is feared they wouldn't otherwise come back?
Last edited by SpinningHugo on Sun 04 Feb, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

SpinningHugo wrote:Good interview with Lover on Marr I thought. Good *because* she was robustly challenged with the kind of points people on here would want put.

I wonder if front rank politicians are given an easier ride because it is feared they wouldn't otherwise come back?

I watched the same interview - she made a lot of accusations but I have seen stuff many times from her wing of the party allegations that turn out not quite to have been as suggested. Look at the JRM accusations early in the weekend - if you did (just a little) deeper then you find not all the seems

It was a typical Marr interview - rather shallow and I did not see her being 'robustly challenged' at all

It does not seem he does any real preparation any more - the only decent question I have seen him ask anyone was around his own experience on the NHS.

I personally prefer debates between two people who know the detail of something rather than an 'interviewer' who does not know enough to challenge the claims made
Last edited by howsillyofme1 on Sun 04 Feb, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

SpinningHugo wrote:From my experience, this is just a symptom of a much larger change in the membership. Perhaps not reflected in all CLPs, but certainly in mine.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/734e ... cf9f50529e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So you extrapolate a "larger change in the membership" from a single CLP that I thought you were no longer a member of?

Would you like to retract this claim?
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

and to add to my previous post and she has clear evidence of stalking threats and clear evidence of anti-semitism is she, by not reporting them, aiding this type of behaviour

She said it was councillors inmate council meeting for the former so she should, surely, have plenty of witnesses and should have gone to the police or the party?
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:From my experience, this is just a symptom of a much larger change in the membership. Perhaps not reflected in all CLPs, but certainly in mine.

So you extrapolate a "larger change in the membership" from a single CLP that I thought you were no longer a member of?

Not at all. See the report. Reflects my own experience.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

SpinningHugo wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

Not at all. See the report. Reflects my own experience.
Do you want to give those of us without access to the Times a hint?
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

The gist is at the top
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Needlessly rude arse
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Ah yes, the completely unbiased objective and facts devoted Times/ST :D :D :D

A crude propaganda rag no better than the Sun and Mail, just with some lingering - and these days wholly false - pretensions to proper journalism.

But of course, YOU believe everything in it unquestioningly.

Sad!
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... 0s-germany" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leading Brexiters who accuse civil servants of sabotaging Britain’s exit from the EU are adopting dangerous tactics similar to those of rightwing German nationalists between the two world wars, a former head of the civil service has warned.

In a stark assessment of the acute tensions developing over the issue, Andrew Turnbull, who led the civil service under Tony Blair, said that Whitehall officials had become the victims of “pre-emptive scapegoating” by Brexiters who feared they were losing the argument.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Of course without knowing the constituency or indeed the veracity of actual experience or not there is no basis of reasonable good faith discussion.I have turned into a rabbit,not everybody has,prove me wrong.Rabbit changing deniers!
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I really thought we'd cracked it the other week.
But no.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Thousands of Universal Credit claimants unable to use Gov.uk Verify to apply for benefits
http://www.computerweekly.com/news/2524 ... r-benefits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“To apply for UC, claimants must first create a Verify account online, which proves their identity. While this account is useful for accessing a range of government services, it can create challenges for those claiming UC,” said the report.

UC is not the only service where Verify has been struggling. The Verify completion rate has been below 50% for most of its live use since June 2016 – meaning that less than half of all people who attempted to set up a Verify user were able to do so. The current success rate at the time of writing is only 54%.
:wall:
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Google "needlessly rude arse"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Computer says "fuck off and die,preferably quietly"
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

HindleA wrote:Of course without knowing the constituency or indeed the veracity of actual experience or not there is no basis of reasonable good faith discussion.I have turned into a rabbit,not everybody has,prove me wrong.Rabbit changing deniers!
Anybody can pray unverifiable anecdote in their aid.

Contrary to what SH asserts, the above (propaganda) piece does not reflect what has happened in my CLP nor any others that I have some knowledge of.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/for ... 90686.html
Goodbye grid girls – there is no place in sport for sexual objectification anymore
I am genuinely puzzled by the gender equality movement. If I understand correctly, only certain types of women are allowed now? Not those who want to be, say, cheerleaders? And where are Madonna and Miley Cyrus on this spectrum. Aren't they objectifying women?

I do recall the discussion around the first female Dr Who about how she wasn't going to be tramping around a field wearing stilletoes and getting someone to help her with her sonic screwdriver - but why not? Some women do wear stilletoes and some aren't into DIY. Is that not allowed now?
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

When did you leave the Labour Party then Hugo?

Must have been a while ago as you have been bragging about opposing Labour for as long as I can remember

A Labour member exhorting others to vote Green at every opportunity?

Your stories never seem to lack consistency - whatever the route you take seems to be about blaming Labour for something or another.
Last edited by howsillyofme1 on Sun 04 Feb, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Anger over glut of ‘posh ghost towers’ planned for London

Councils in capital have approved thousands of £1m-plus flats despite crisis in affordable housing, new figures show (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... ers-london
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Good morfternoon ;-)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

And the various unsubstantiated assertions of Kober this morning are already being dismantled on social media. Still, THE NARRATIVE is all that counts eh?
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

Ah yes, the completely unbiased objective and facts devoted Times/ST :D :D :D

A crude propaganda rag no better than the Sun and Mail, just with some lingering - and these days wholly false - pretensions to proper journalism.

But of course, YOU believe everything in it unquestioningly.

Sad!

FIne. Attack the source. Do you think it factually inaccurate, if so how?

We saw the same thing with Ian Lavery. Some were content to say "it is the Sunday Times, forget it." Looking at the Northumberland Minerworkers Union accounts I think that is just hopeless.

We still await Lavery's promised legal action.

I think the Times a perfectly reasonable paper. I think the FT the best by far, but the Times isn't bad. Certainly on a par with the Guardian, and much better than the Telegraph.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

You purposefully haven't linked the full article.Suspending critical faculties according to ascribed "reasonableness" of source is ridiculous.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@tc2 A bit of a minefield.I sometimes get into robust discussions about the fact that just under half of carers are male and my dislike of the "giving up" something thing.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

SpinningHugo wrote:The gist is at the top
There's a hard-left infiltration of all the CLPs, forcing out all the moderate supporters to install a Marxist MP?

Am I close? Because your reply was less than helpful.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

refitman wrote:
There's a hard-left infiltration of all the CLPs, forcing out all the moderate supporters to install a Marxist MP?

And this is verified by SH's experience of his local CLP that he hasn't presumably attended in the years since he resigned

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Perhaps time to change the subject?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Goodbye grid girls – there is no place in sport for sexual objectification anymore
I am genuinely puzzled by the gender equality movement. If I understand correctly, only certain types of women are allowed now? Not those who want to be, say, cheerleaders? And where are Madonna and Miley Cyrus on this spectrum. Aren't they objectifying women?

I do recall the discussion around the first female Dr Who about how she wasn't going to be tramping around a field wearing stilletoes and getting someone to help her with her sonic screwdriver - but why not? Some women do wear stilletoes and some aren't into DIY. Is that not allowed now?
This may be read completely wrong, so I apologise in advance for putting over the wrong impression.

My view is that grid-girls and darts valets and the like are just there to provide something to look at. They could be replaced by a sign on a pole and all you would lose is the T&A.

Cheerleaders/Madonna/Miley are actually doing something that requires skill (is that the right word) and they do something that can be separated from how they look.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42935058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amber Rudd hits back at Tory Brexiteers
Last edited by HindleA on Sun 04 Feb, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

refitman wrote:

No. That would be a ridiculous and untrue thing to say.

The actual claim is that a number of those expelled from Labour, for supporting proscribed groups or expressing anti-semitic views, have now been readmitted.

Did you not read the top?

I think Creasy's comments on Peston were extremely moderate on this point, but seem to have attracted the usual social media outrage (from many of those similarly outraged by Kober). She is clearly and obviously in the wrong party. I know she thinks it her duty to fight, but she has obviously lost.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Perhaps time to change the subject?
I did have a stab at it.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

refitman wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:

This may be read completely wrong, so I apologise in advance for putting over the wrong impression.

My view is that grid-girls and darts valets and the like are just there to provide something to look at. They could be replaced by a sign on a pole and all you would lose is the T&A.

Cheerleaders/Madonna/Miley are actually doing something that requires skill (is that the right word) and they do something that can be separated from how they look.
Well indeed. It's odd isn't it that there are no grid boys?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

tinyclanger2 wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Perhaps time to change the subject?
I did have a stab at it.
I know ;-)
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

And BTW despite repeat visits to the Fenton I still haven't seen any clangers!
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

If what you've got is glamour, why not earn a living from it?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:And BTW despite repeat visits to the Fenton I still haven't seen any clangers!
You will.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Genuine choice/control.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Absolutely. But I don't (currently) assume that no grid girl or darts girl (or model) actually wants to be one.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I find the shift from the "women should be looking after the home/children" to expected to work at an ever decreasing age of children interesting,and similarities with the appropriation of the State's to own ends of the sick/disabled desire to participate/work/be equal citizens.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@tc2 on their terms?To be clear I get your point.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

tinyclanger2 wrote:Absolutely. But I don't (currently) assume that no grid girl or darts girl (or model) actually wants to be one.
I think it's the overall image of what success looks like that I find worrying.

Where are the millionaire women Formula 1 drivers surrounded by hunky men?

Where are the openly gay Formula 1 drivers surrounded by, well who would you surround them with?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Off to buy carrots.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

I mean this is quite funny, but also not really....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 13.17.21.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 13.17.21.png (578.67 KiB) Viewed 6910 times
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

According to the article I read at the Express (yeuch), Mike Sivier has NOT been readmitted to Labour because he declined to accept the requirement that he would undertake training on anti-semitism.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

And now for something completely different . . .