Thursday 1st March 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Thursday 1st March 2018

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

The quality of critique of Tusk's intervention from the Hard Brexit bunch seems to be marginally less constructive than 'Up Yours Delors'
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:The quality of critique of Tusk's intervention from the Hard Brexit bunch seems to be marginally less constructive than 'Up Yours Delors'
Yes - and it doesn't even rhyme!
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

PorFavor wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:The quality of critique of Tusk's intervention from the Hard Brexit bunch seems to be marginally less constructive than 'Up Yours Delors'
Yes - and it doesn't even rhyme!
Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

[youtube]InjF8xj93LU[/youtube]
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

No periods of intermittent sunshine today, just blizzard conditions for several hours now
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Hardly any snow today (so far) but as cold as I can ever recall it being. For once, that familiar media cliche "Arctic conditions" is fully justified.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Have I Got News For You

Verified account

@haveigotnews
3h3 hours ago
More
The BBC says Nigel Farage’s Question Time appearance will be unaffected by the weather, as he travels with the studio equipment.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"NHS staff have been commended for going the extra mile to ensure they can treat patients, with some sleeping at hospitals overnight. The BBC reported that one cancer surgeon walked for two hours and 50 minutes to operate on a patient.

NHS Million called for people to recognise the efforts made by staff who worked double and triple shifts, slept in hospitals overnight and walked for hours to get to work."
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Linked to in The Spectator from the graun live blog
The Cabinet met earlier today to discuss Theresa May’s big speech on Brexit tomorrow. I understand that in a lengthy meeting most ministers applauded the speech. But there is one particular area of controversy, I hear. Both David Davis and Boris Johnson pushed back against the idea that the UK should make a ‘binding commitment’ to align with EU rules and regulations in certain sectors
Given that there is a pre-rejection of anything of than a binding commitment to align in all areas we want agreements in (in other words, all areas) I'm not sure this should be the main story here.
I still believe in a town called Hope
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@PaulfromYorkshire

Thanks for "Tusk" - I've been itching to link to that all day!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Council tax rises to boost bills by £81 in England
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/ ... in-england" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

gilsey wrote:Have I Got News For You

Verified account

@haveigotnews
3h3 hours ago
More
The BBC says Nigel Farage’s Question Time appearance will be unaffected by the weather, as he travels with the studio equipment.
And I expect the snow is keeping all them immigrants off the Great British highways and byways (which have been treated with red, white, and blue grit to facilitate his journey).
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I'm wearing nearly everything I typically wear outside during winter inside the house
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:
gilsey wrote:Have I Got News For You

Verified account

@haveigotnews
3h3 hours ago
More
And I expect the snow is keeping all them immigrants off the Great British highways and byways (which have been treated with red, white, and blue grit to facilitate his journey).
the road clearing crews have some non-UK citizens staffing operations
we're everywhere
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"We will complete the electoral register, by working to include more of the five million Britons who live abroad.
We will introduce votes for life, scrapping the rule that bars British citizens who have lived abroad for more than 15 years from voting."

- Tory Manifesto 2015
https://www.bond.org.uk/data/files/Blog ... to2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tories got a small majority with this manifesto. A manifesto promise. Some promises are more important than other promises, I guess.
Actually, forget that, they're Tories, they'll do whatever they want.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Oops.

The Sun’s ‘Brexit bargains’ retweeted by Jacob Rees-Mogg has been deleted because it’s nonsense

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2018/03/01/su ... -nonsense/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even if you didn't understand the intricacies of tariffs the basic glaring error in the gross v net calculation could be picked up by a kid at KS2 or younger.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Brutal
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 20.37.54.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 20.37.54.png (968.17 KiB) Viewed 4179 times
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

/2018/feb/28/gps-offered-cash-to-refer-fewer-people-to-hospital

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... o-hospital" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In some places including suspected cancers . WTF ?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Crace -- mar/01/boris-blusters-his-way-around-his-40m-garden-bridge-fiasco

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... dge-fiasco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

I almost feel sorry for Theresa May

She's got to give another of these impossible speeches about sunlit uplands while people are literally freezing to death around the country.

I said I almost feel sorry, but of course it's largely her fault. The White Witch presiding over her very own Narnia.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

frog222 wrote:Crace -- mar/01/boris-blusters-his-way-around-his-40m-garden-bridge-fiasco

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... dge-fiasco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Blusters" could almost be his surname now.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I've had a rather pleasant day today and see no reason to ruin it by indulging a proto-sentient carbuncle like Farage with the attention he so obviously craves so no Question Time for me this evening.

Well maybe a wee glance. Who knows, maybe he's had the guts to face an educated hostile audience?

Oh no wait, it's in Blackpool.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Oh. Remind me how Farage is on QT again?
Rajdeep Sandhu

Verified account

@Rajdeep1
3h3 hours ago
More
BREAKING: UKIP has lost control of its only council - Thanet District Council. It will now be run by a Conservative minority administration.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Night night.
Goodnight, PorFavor
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Theresa May urges Britain to ‘come back together’
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Wow. What a difference an editor makes. The Graun has just washed its hands of Leveson and declares the Tories dropping Part 2 "A good thing".

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... not-behind" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ok couldn't help myself, why is a BBC presenter who I'd never heard of before seeing him presenting the Winter Olympics in the small hours of the morning a guest on a political panel programme?

Oh wait, apparently he was also a Blue Peter presenter.

So that makes sense now.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

That wasn't as bad as I expected.

Let me first admit I really do think Blackpool is a shithole and every person I have ever known who came from Blackpool has been and absolute twat.

Just thought I'd get that out the way.

More interestingly Farage didn't have his own way at all despite Blackpool voting 70% leave. In fact the applause for him amongst his supporters was pretty muted. He blathered on about 'the will of the people' until a question came up about Blackpool council voting against fracking then being overruled by Westminister. Farage supports fracking of course so ended up supporting an anti democratic position and ended up being booed by the audience for being an obvious hypocrite.

To be honest I thought they'd be sacrificing donkeys to him as the brexit god so this came as a pleasant surprise.

As for the rest I've already mentioned the useless BBC presenter who was about 12, and how can I not mention the lovely Michelle Dewberry, a working class lass from Hull who hasn't got where she is today because she's a hot woman from reality TV. And then we're left with Ken Clarke and Owen Smith. They would be the actual politicians. And they both expressed horror at the idea of brexit.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:I almost feel sorry for Theresa May

She's got to give another of these impossible speeches about sunlit uplands while people are literally freezing to death around the country.

I said I almost feel sorry, but of course it's largely her fault. The White Witch presiding over her very own Narnia.
It would appear that it's going to be another pile of nonsense about nothing. Who'd of thought?
“We must bring our country back together, taking into account the views of everyone who cares about this issue, from both sides of the debate”, she will say, addressing her own divided party, as well as the public. She will insist that the EU referendum result in 2016 was “not a vote for a distant relationship with our neighbours”.
You are the person insisting on dividing us further by pandering to your extremes. You are the person setting our red lines that will force us to have a more distant relationship with our neighbours.

Tired of arguing with her party and cabinet she now seems to be arguing with herself.
I still believe in a town called Hope
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Mmm...hmm.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

“We must bring our country back together, taking into account the views of everyone who cares about this issue, from both sides of the debate"
...So I propose that on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays we will be a customs union & single market, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays we will be in an independent Sovereign state, Sundays will be as ever a day for rest, Unicorn petting, and simpering on the Andrew Marr show.