Friday 2nd March 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 2nd March 2018

Post by HindleA »

@cja from World leader back to looking elsewhere for guidance,was my point ie.,more progressive attempts under a fascist.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... s-too-high

Profit-hungry firms are gambling on social care. Are the stakes too high?
"Private equity firms have amassed huge debt buying up care homes. If they collapse, older people will be the losers"
it's held together by decent people, cooperative and giving, it's not good though, it's charity, too many gaps
care workers giving their time to those who'll suffer without help
the NHS surgeon getting to their patient walking in the snow
I'm not being sentimental
Our civilisation is held together through good will taken for granted and regular people exploited
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I walk seven miles,(there and back)though I am hardly saving lives.
Last edited by HindleA on Fri 02 Mar, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:@cja from World leader back to looking elsewhere for guidance,was my point ie.,more progressive attempts under a fascist.
I wrote my thoughts your post inspired, I understand you were in another direction
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:I walk seven miles,though I am hardly saving lives.
You probably are saving lives
It doesn't get televised
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Give over,apart from "Rocket Man" amusement my contribution is minimal.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://thebristolcable.org/2018/02/ser ... s-bristol/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Further cuts and restructures to adult social care services in Bristol are on the table this week. Here we recap what’s happened so far, what changes are afoot and what impact people are seeing.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"It’s early days for the service redesign, known as the Better Lives Programme, which basically aims to ensure people have access to advice or more hands-on help if they need it, while keeping as many of them as possible away from expensive long-term packages of care."(false economy)

Speaking on condition of anonymity, several people receiving direct social care payments say that while they have managed to maintain their existing packages, reviews carried out by the council have featured excessive levels of scrutiny.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Choice and control"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Better Lives Programme, "

"Shorter lives let's make it harder"
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Despite the weather, still four local council byelections this week:

Solihull - Tory hold with three quarters of the vote, a major advance from just over half at the previous election in 2016. This can be explained by the non-appearance of the local Residents, who won this ward in 2012 and polled strongly in 2014 as well as two years ago - it is no coincidence that the most recent occasion they did not stand in 2015 also saw a massive Tory win. Labour got the very distant second place, though also up modestly on last time, whilst the LibDems stood for the first time since 2012 and scored 10% - a long way from when they took 2 of the three seats here back in the 2004 all-outs (though their only subsequent win was in 2007)

Basingstoke and Deane DC - Tory hold of what has always been a strong ward for them since they easily returned 3 councillors in the 2008 post-boundary change elections (and indeed in its similar incarnation going back to 2002) though in this instance they saw a 6 point drop in their vote since the most recent 2016 election, to under 60 per cent. UKIP polled decently here then, but in this instance it was Labour rather than the Tories who took advantage of their now familiar absence as they advanced strongly by 12 points to over 30 per cent. LibDems stood now having sat the last election out, but had to be content with just shy of 10%.

East Devon DC - LibDem hold in a quite fragmented contest as their winning score was a modest 28%, little changed on the last 2015 contest when this ward split 2LD/1C having voted in 3 LibDems in the previous contests this century (2003 and 2007 quite comfortably, 2011 was a bit closer) The main challenge this time, though, did not come from the Tories - who dropped back modestly - but an Independent candidate, not a massive surprise given that this parliamentary seat saw a strong second place for high profile Indie candidate Claire Wright. They finished just behind the Libdems despite a standing start now, and as well as the Tories there were also falls for the Labour and Green candidates - the latter more than halving to under 11% and last place, meaning that also declining Labour still leapfrogged them.

Clackmannanshire - the first vacancy in Scotland's smallest council since STV was introduced saw an SNP hold in a division that split 2Nat/1Lab/1C last year (one of the SNP councillors elected then had been voted in as an Indy in 2012, and in effect the Tories "gained" their seat in 2017) despite a modest dip in their first preference support. Tories pushed them hard this time, advancing by 7 points to over 30% of the vote and overtaking Labour who had a similar dip in support to the SNP - the fact SNP control of the council was effectively at stake in this byelection may have spurred Tory efforts. LibDems also dropped to 4%, a new low from when they won a seat here back in 2007. Greens just behind in last place, little changed.

Next week is a bit busier, with eight contests - is it too much to hope for somewhat better weather as well?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Thankyou
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I've just seen a Blue Labour Leaver describe May as "an incredibly strong PM"

I despair...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

A meeting with Rees-Mogg...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doesn't surprise me at all.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/h ... ting-lives" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/b ... audiences/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Even with the cost savings of purposeful neglect/waiting for a strong enough economy before carrying out basic State responsibility it pales into insignificance with the expense of making people unnecessarilly vulnernable/more vulnerable policies.
Last edited by HindleA on Sat 03 Mar, 2018 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"An ageing population" as if we start off old and get younger.All perfect nonsense of course.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Italian Election on Sunday

http://bruegel.org/2018/02/the-italian-elections/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... ed-to-know" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... t-populous" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Photos of 1968 Birmingham show life in 'ghost streets