Monday 12th March 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
adam
First Secretary of State

Re: Monday 12th March 2018

Post by adam »

Willow904 wrote:
HindleA wrote:http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/free-sch ... verty-trap

The free school meals poverty trap
There's always been the problem with a cliff edge. Not just free school meals, but dental care and prescriptions similar issue.

FWIW the free prescriptions cut off is £15,276 for people receiving child tax credits, nearly double what is being proposed for free school meals (although there is no published information I could find on the equivalent cut off for prescriptions for Universal Credit, which appears to be a bit of a mystery). Also am struggling to find a free school meals cut off for non-UC. It's almost as though they don't want people comparing and contrasting.
Receipt of FSM was also a passport to discounted HE fees - I can't find anything about this now (when you search you just find stats about numbers of pupils on FSM going into HE generally) but I hadn't heard that this had been cut.
I still believe in a town called Hope
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

citizenJA wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Anybody there.......?
Aye
Good to hear :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA