Tuesday 20th March 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 20th March 2018

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Re the above posts, exactly the same thing happened when McNicol took over as Gen Sec. A turnover of personnel in these circumstances is totally natural and normal.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Re the above posts, exactly the same thing happened when McNicol took over as Gen Sec. A turnover of personnel in these circumstances is totally natural and normal.
Exactly.

It's hardly Labour "crumbling" is it?

:lol:
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

What I love about this Facebook/Cambridge Analytica thing is only a complete and utter moron would post stuff like photographs, details of where they have been, their music tastes, their political views on a public forum.

When will these idiots ever learn?

Seriously though you can live your life online through a VPN for example to try to mitigate all this shit, but then you have to trust that VPN because they know everything you've done online, there are free ones like Hola that have been used to launch DDOS attacks using people's computers who thought getting something for free wasn't suspicious at all, or you can pay and trust some random company to know more about you than Google and still be beneficent.

There is no 'safe' or 'right' way to use the internet anymore.

Let's face it, if the internet was to manifest itself physically as some kind of path, would you recommend anyone step on it?

I sorted my Dad out with email last year but there's absolutely no way I'm setting him up on the internet. He'd be clueless and that would make him and his money prey.

Can't we just go back to arguing about sci-fi on Newsgroups?
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer man, part the whatever...

Nicolas Sarkozy in police custody over Gaddafi allegations
The former French president Nicolas Sarkozy has been taken into police custody to be questioned over allegations that he received millions of euros in illegal election campaign funding from the regime of the late Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi.
I still believe in a town called Hope
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I've tried to explain the internet to my Dad.

I said to him 'Imagine every loony, scumbag and fraudster were given a massive playground to do what the hell they wanted. That's the internet'.

Yet he's insistent he still wants to be part of it.

Maybe make him open an account with just a couple of hundred quid in he could use online.

That might work.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

adam wrote:Couldn't have happened to a nicer man, part the whatever...
'We must stop these North African migrants but not their suitcases with money in them'.