FlyTheNest

A haven
It is currently Mon 23 Apr, 2018 5:05 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon 02 Apr, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 19749
Has thanked: 16655 times
Been thanked: 29359 times
Tarquin generally deals with such things,I am protected.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 02 Apr, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 19749
Has thanked: 16655 times
Been thanked: 29359 times
No bus but the snow has appeared to have largely melted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 02 Apr, 2018 3:36 pm 
Online
Lord Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 674
Has thanked: 3204 times
Been thanked: 1266 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlLIf6fotbA



Very witty, very pointed !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 02 Apr, 2018 4:03 pm 
Online
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 14365
Has thanked: 79892 times
Been thanked: 13307 times
HindleA wrote:
If force was used against you?

I don't know


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 02 Apr, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline
Home Secretary

Joined: Mon 23 Feb, 2015 8:23 am
Posts: 1727
Has thanked: 12173 times
Been thanked: 3668 times
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/eco ... 6?mode=amp
"May has plans for ‘customs partnership’ to solve Border dilemma"
Quote:
The UK prime minister Theresa May is stepping up plans to tackle the Irish Border question in Brexit talks through an audacious customs scheme once described as “magical thinking” in Brussels .
The scheme, which will be discussed with EU officials this month, would see the UK act as the external frontier for the EU, collecting tariffs and carrying out other checks on imports, but it could take many years to introduce.

So not magic, just so advanced and futuristic technology that it appears to be magic, and um, sometime in the future?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 02 Apr, 2018 5:17 pm 
Offline
Home Secretary

Joined: Mon 23 Feb, 2015 8:23 am
Posts: 1727
Has thanked: 12173 times
Been thanked: 3668 times
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/eco ... 7?mode=amp
"Brexit dividend for NHS is just another UK government lie"
Quote:
The unity of the Brexiteer response is, in a way, impressive. Their strategy is clear: just hold your nerve for another year, get Britain out at the end of next March and the job will be done. It’s like watching Mourinho’s Manchester United : win the next match in the ugliest way possible and don’t worry about the longer-term consequences.
That the strategy condemns you to never really win anything important is beside the point. It will be somebody else who eventually has to clean up the mess. Brexiteers really are like members of the old Soviet politburo pretending that communism delivers both economic prosperity and social progress.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 02 Apr, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline
Home Secretary

Joined: Mon 23 Feb, 2015 8:23 am
Posts: 1727
Has thanked: 12173 times
Been thanked: 3668 times
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ade-lurgan
"Police attacked during dissident republican parade in Derry"
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... 2?mode=amp
"‘England’s Brexit difficulty is Ireland’s opportunity,’ participants at rally told"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 02 Apr, 2018 6:45 pm 
Online
Lord Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 674
Has thanked: 3204 times
Been thanked: 1266 times
tinybgoat wrote:
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/may-has-plans-for-customs-partnership-to-solve-border-dilemma-1.3448056?mode=amp
"May has plans for ‘customs partnership’ to solve Border dilemma"
Quote:
The UK prime minister Theresa May is stepping up plans to tackle the Irish Border question in Brexit talks through an audacious customs scheme once described as “magical thinking” in Brussels .
The scheme, which will be discussed with EU officials this month, would see the UK act as the external frontier for the EU, collecting tariffs and carrying out other checks on imports, but it could take many years to introduce.

So not magic, just so advanced and futuristic technology that it appears to be magic, and um, sometime in the future?

"If the goods were staying in the UK, Britain would apply tariffs depending on its own free trade deals.

The plan rests on the development of tracking technology to identify the final destination for goods, and it is still widely regarded in Brussels as fanciful and probably unworkable."

There is currently a dispute with the EU, where the UK did NOT apply the correct tariffs which cost the EU a few €Billions ...

I wouldn't trust the UK HMRC /Border Force with anything serious, one would have to check up all the time ... . OTOH the same must apply to many of the other 'frontier' states today , one of the weaknesses of the EU :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 02 Apr, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline
Home Secretary

Joined: Mon 23 Feb, 2015 8:23 am
Posts: 1727
Has thanked: 12173 times
Been thanked: 3668 times
frog222 wrote:
tinybgoat wrote:
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/may-has-plans-for-customs-partnership-to-solve-border-dilemma-1.3448056?mode=amp
"May has plans for ‘customs partnership’ to solve Border dilemma"
Quote:
The UK prime minister Theresa May is stepping up plans to tackle the Irish Border question in Brexit talks through an audacious customs scheme once described as “magical thinking” in Brussels .
The scheme, which will be discussed with EU officials this month, would see the UK act as the external frontier for the EU, collecting tariffs and carrying out other checks on imports, but it could take many years to introduce.

So not magic, just so advanced and futuristic technology that it appears to be magic, and um, sometime in the future?

"If the goods were staying in the UK, Britain would apply tariffs depending on its own free trade deals.

The plan rests on the development of tracking technology to identify the final destination for goods, and it is still widely regarded in Brussels as fanciful and probably unworkable."

There is currently a dispute with the EU, where the UK did NOT apply the correct tariffs which cost the EU a few €Billions ...

I wouldn't trust the UK HMRC /Border Force with anything serious, one would have to check up all the time ... . OTOH the same must apply to many of the other 'frontier' states today , one of the weaknesses of the EU :-)

Can't see any problems, as long as everyone promises to be good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 02 Apr, 2018 9:30 pm 
Online
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 7172
Has thanked: 717 times
Been thanked: 15713 times
citizenJA wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
Where was everybody last night, then?
I was reminding myself I'm dedicated to non-violence


Always a useful thing to remind oneself of.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 03 Apr, 2018 12:00 am 
Online
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 6900
Has thanked: 4285 times
Been thanked: 16044 times
John Woodcock getting a good kicking here.

https://twitter.com/JWoodcockMP/status/ ... 5340820480

And rightly so - a Labour MP tweeting Guido Fawkes and a non-Jew deciding which Jewish group is acceptable to meet?

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 03 Apr, 2018 7:14 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 5557
Has thanked: 1881 times
Been thanked: 9289 times
RogerOThornhill wrote:
John Woodcock getting a good kicking here.

https://twitter.com/JWoodcockMP/status/ ... 5340820480

And rightly so - a Labour MP tweeting Guido Fawkes and a non-Jew deciding which Jewish group is acceptable to meet?

Yes very disappointing from Woodcock and Angela Smith too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 03 Apr, 2018 10:48 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 5557
Has thanked: 1881 times
Been thanked: 9289 times
It certainly seems as though Smith and Woodcock have "jumped the shark" here.

It's hard to find reasoned support on Twitter for their position. Andrew Neil's certainly doesn't come across as reasoned!


Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 11.46.42.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 11.46.42.png [ 96.46 KiB | Viewed 172 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 03 Apr, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 5557
Has thanked: 1881 times
Been thanked: 9289 times
Gently amusing to see Labour and Unite supporting De la Rue in their appeal against the decision not to award the blue passport contract to them :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 03 Apr, 2018 11:02 am 
Online
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 7172
Has thanked: 717 times
Been thanked: 15713 times
Psssst, but there's a new thread up for today ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AnatolyKasparov, citizenJA, Exabot [Bot], frog222, PorFavor, refitman, RogerOThornhill, Willow904 and 54 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group