Tuesday, 3rd April 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Tuesday, 3rd April 2018

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday, 3rd April 2018

Post by HindleA »

:
Attachments
zWJq0In.png
zWJq0In.png (32.45 KiB) Viewed 5417 times
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.

This pretty much sums up the latest "row".
David Schneider
‏Verified account
@davidschneider
10h10 hours ago
More
“Boo! Corbyn needs to get out and meets some Jews!”

[Corbyn spends Passover with some Jews at Jewdas]

“Boo! Not those Jews!”
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Morning all.

This pretty much sums up the latest "row".
David Schneider
‏Verified account
@davidschneider
10h10 hours ago
More
“Boo! Corbyn needs to get out and meets some Jews!”

[Corbyn spends Passover with some Jews at Jewdas]

“Boo! Not those Jews!”
That really is all there is to it, isn't it? Especially since these aren't the only Jewish people Corbyn has met in the past week, or will do so in the near future.

Could this be another case of his enemies overplaying their hand? Strange how often that happens.......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://schoolsweek.co.uk/labour-launch ... sultation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Morning.

http://ir.net/news/politics/128259/thin ... blow-mind/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a very long, technical article that brings together all the Trump/Russia connections that are currently in the public domain in one place. It's a real tour de force. This is what Mueller is dealing with and why his investigation is and will take such a frustratingly long time. It's worth going through, if you have some time on your hands, not least because it details some of the Ukrainian connections and money laundering accusations against Manafort and Gates that have lately made the news in relation to Mueller's indictments.

Tucked away in the detail, though, is something I didn't previously appreciate was a possible connection at all:

Going back to Magnitsky, he was arrested for his efforts on trumped-up charges, and, once in custody, was beaten by guards and denied medical care in Russian prison, dying from his wounds and deliberate lack of medical attention in 2009. Magnitsky’s death turned Browder into a crusader to expose 2.) PUTIN and his operatives and to honor Magnitsky’s memory; in 2012, when a Russian whistleblower named Alexander Perepilichnyy who had already moved to the UK to escape persecution in Russia began working with Browder to help, he mysteriously died while jogging near his home, almost certainly the victim of a Kremlin operation, with an investigation into his death still underway. This mirrored the death and murder of Alexander Litvinenko, a former K.G.B./F.S.B. operative who turned on PUTIN and the Kremlin when he began speaking out against them and exposing some of their dirty deeds; in particular, he elaborated on tape about 2.) PUTIN’s “good relationship”with 3.) MOGILEVICH, about whom Litvinenko “knew too much;” because of this, in part, he was poisoned by radioactive polonium-210 by Kremlin agents in November 2006and died later that same month; he and Perepilichnyy are just two of fourteen suspected hits by Russian government operatives on UK soil in recent years alone.

The reason this caught my eye is because of the fact that the Tories have been resisting bringing in a "Magnitsky amendment" in the UK, but in the aftermath of the Skripal poisoning Corbyn raised the amendment in parliament and Theresa May seemed to indicate the government was finally considering it. Certainly, it has become harder for the government to justify not passing this amendment given recent events. And yet I suspect they will. They are both compromised by Russian money and afraid of Russian repercussions. The smiley relief on May's face when she won support from the EU for her tiny stand against Putin was noticeable in contrast to her usually strained demeanour. Every new discovery seems to underline just how much the Tories since 2010, with cuts to military and defence spending and with their lax attitude to dodgy money flowing through the City of London, not to mention Brexit, have put the security of our country at risk. It's hard to see where all this is going to lead, but it seems clear that as long as Mueller keeps investigating these intricately linked people and events, questions about just how various Tories and Brexit campaigners are caught up in all of this aren't going to go away.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Whoops I'm still on holiday so had been merrily posting on the weekend thread until AK kindly pointed out my mistake :oops:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Don't think I was saying much of importance.

But I will flag again that I find it amusing that Labour, as well as the Brextremists, are able to attack the government over the De la Rue and the blue passports, siding with Unite over protecting jobs in the North East :lol:
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Inequality and poverty
http://stumblingandmumbling.typepad.com ... verty.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the bottom decile has done really badly. Its real incomes after housing costs haven’t grown at all since 2000 whilst median incomes have risen over 27%. And since 2011-12, the bottom decile’s real incomes have fallen 6.3%. This is consistent with reports of an increased intensity in poverty such as increased use of foodbanks and child malnourishment.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Twitter buzzing with the news that Porton Down, unsurprisingly, are unable to say where the nerve agent was made.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Still on holiday!!! Some of us never had them,harrumph.To be fair,barring remuneration the working/not working distinction in my case is very much debatable.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... rities-say" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Twitter buzzing with the news that Porton Down, unsurprisingly, are unable to say where the nerve agent was made
Interesting contrast with the 1000% certainty of one or two we could mention.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Great reply.
Toni Brisby #FBPE#WATON

@ToniBrisby
4h4 hours ago
More
Replying to @lizrawlings @Andrew_Adonis
My problem with the BBC isn't that it reports on politics I don't like - that's its job - but that it doesn't report on politics that I do like, which is also its job.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Those comments are generally pretty damning, but will anybody at the BBC listen?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Gary Spedding
‏Verified account
@GarySpedding

Both @angelasmithmp & @JWoodcockMP have been had complaints sent in about them to the Labour Party and the cases have, I can confirm, been passed to the Labour Chief Whip office for review.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukip-sa ... im-leader/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"UKIP ‘safe’ from financial ruin, says interim leader"
:(
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

tinybgoat wrote:https://www.politico.eu/article/ukip-sa ... im-leader/
All together now --- Bugger!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Boris Johnson appears before MPs to answer questions on Skripal case

Last edited by ohsocynical on Tue 03 Apr, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

ohsocynical wrote:
tinybgoat wrote:https://www.politico.eu/article/ukip-sa ... im-leader/
All together now --- Bugger!
What's a few roubles between friends ?
Bonnylad
Committee Member

Post by Bonnylad »

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -san-bruno" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Evening.

I'm trying to work out why my Twitter feed is getting so excited about the Porton Down statement.

Theresa May told Parliament that the nerve agent used to poison Skripal was Novichok and that it was highly likely the Russian state, either directly or indirectly, was responsible.

I can't see anything in the recent info from Porton Down that contradicts that, so wondering why my Twitter feed thinks it's important.

Is this about something our idiot of a foreign secretary has said? I try not to pay attention to Johnson if I can help it. Is it too much to hope he's made a gaffe too many and finally has to go?
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Johnson should have already gone for this, of course.

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-04-02/naza ... nian-jail/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The husband of British woman who is in prison in Iran has said he is disappointed in the failure of Boris Johnson's efforts two years on from her arrest
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... doubt/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Whitehall 'chaos' puts the UK's Brexit trade strategy in doubt"
Quite good for the telegraph.