Wednesday 18th April 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 18th April 2018

Post by RogerOThornhill »

"We''l take back control for our Parliament!"
*shit happens*
"Not like that! Abolish part of Parliament"

@spikedonline
Follow Follow @spikedonline
More
No, in voting to stay in a customs union after Brexit the Lords haven’t “inflicted a defeat on the government” — they’ve inflicted a defeat on democracy and the 17.4million people who voted to leave the EU. Unelected Lords defying the public is an archaic outrage #AbolishtheLords
:roll:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

PorFavor wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:In 2010, the decision was taken...

So not 2009 then!
Labour really must improve its research. It's a given that the Conservatives will produce a lie to counter questions to which the correct answer is not to their liking.
A quick google seems to indicate that the National Archives have immigration passenger lists for 1876 to 1960.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help ... assengers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't have an account, so can't see whether the appropriate lists exist - but if they do, I would have thought they would have enough information to prove when someone arrived in the UK, in the absence of landing cards..
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Maybe there ought to be a test before you're allowed to vote - if you don't know what a cabinet secretary is or does, then you're not allowed one...
Henry Zeffman
‏Verified account
@hzeffman
Follow Follow @hzeffman
More
Every living former cabinet secretary voted against the government on the customs union this afternoon (Lords Armstrong, Butler, Wilson, Turnbull and O'Donnell)
and then...
Elizabeth Cornwell
‏@cornwell167
5h5 hours ago
More
Replying to @hzeffman
So?They are all ex ministers & past it!The HoL is well past it’s sell by date,get rid of it!
:roll:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.