Wednesday 9th May 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 9th May 2018

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:
Canadian zoo faces charges after taking bear out for ice cream at Dairy Queen

Discovery Wildlife Park in Alberta faces two charges for failing to notify officials the bear was leaving the zoo (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... am-charges
Sometimes it's the only way keeping them bears tolerable, you know?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

WHERE IS EVERYBODY????
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Not my team but glad that Huddersfield got their result at Chelsea tonight and stay in the Premiership. Feels like they deserve it.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Sorry, I am here lurking - Wednesday is library day and then I had a GB meeting.

I'll make up for it with some good news...

Sunday Telegraph pays damages to mosque chief over Corbyn article

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/ ... sque-chief
In March 2016 the newspaper published an article headlined: “Corbyn and the mosque leader who blames the UK for Isil.” The story tried to connect the Labour leader to extremist views allegedly held by Mohammed Kozbar, who runs the mosque in Corbyn’s Islington North constituency and is also vice-chair of the Muslim Association of Britain.

Kozbar successfully argued that the article was defamatory and the Sunday Telegraph has now removed the article from its website, published a ruling accepting the article was defamatory, and paid damages understood to be in the region of £30,000 to settle the case. This does not include the newspaper’s costs.

“It was not just myself who was the target of this article, it was Jeremy Corbyn,” said Kozbar after the verdict. “The aim was to damage the reputation of Jeremy and make his progress with the Labour party more difficult.”

The piece, by the journalist Andrew Gilligan, claimed the mosque administrator supported the use of violence in the Israel-Palestine conflict and blamed the UK government for the rise of Islamic State.
Bit of a stretch calling him a journalist...not sure he's been one for quite a few years.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

And so...tomorrow's QT. Easiest decision you'll ever have to make is to avoid like the plague.
David Dimbleby presents topical debate from Kettering. Panellists include work and pensions secretary and former TV presenter Esther McVey, Labour MP and pro-EU campaigner Chuka Umunna, CEO of electric car racing championship Formula E and a former MEP for the Spanish conservative party Alejandro Agag, campaign manager at the Tax Payers' Alliance and a member of the Vote Leave campaign Chloe Westley, and BAFTA and MOBO-winning rapper and writer Akala.
:roll:

Yeah, bloody lefties in the BBC...the TPA on again.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Given this nonsense from Trump and the way things have been going I'm just saying you can get a decent tent for £50, add another £50 for a decent sleeping bag, then another for a rucksack to carry them.

As I sat last night looking out towards the shimmering lights of Otley while enjoying a can of McEwans Export I considered what it would be like if civilisation ended. And my conclusion was it would be cold. And this was no comment on the heat death of the universe. I was just fucking freezing until I got into my sleeping bag then everything was good.

Apart from my phone being down to 63% and more alarmingly my ecig being at 56%.