Wednesday 20th June 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Wednesday 20th June 2018

Post by HindleA »

...morning
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 20th June 2018

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018 ... ional-park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Welcome to Brumbria: should the West Midlands become a national park?
Could a plan to turn the West Midlands into a national park transform the Black Country’s unlovely reputation, asks Wolverhampton native Stuart Jeffries
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... l-november" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Electrification of north-west railways delayed until November
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

morning.
https://amp.theguardian.com/society/201 ... nding-plan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Hammond 'ordered NHS chief to back health funding plan'"
The chancellor made it clear in tense eleventh-hour negotiations that Simon Stevens had to publicly welcome the funding deal or he would not give NHS England as much money as Theresa May announced.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

tinybgoat wrote:morning.
https://amp.theguardian.com/society/201 ... nding-plan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The chancellor made it clear in tense eleventh-hour negotiations that Simon Stevens had to publicly welcome the funding deal or he would not give NHS England as much money as Theresa May announced.
Now that's out there he's free to say what he actually thinks. And Hammond can resign.
I still believe in a town called Hope
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... hority?amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Cannabis, not Brexit, best illustrates Theresa May’s near-total loss of authority"
For Tory MPs, this is yet more evidence of what they see as May’s greatest weakness: an inability to think dynamically or nip developing problems in the bud. One sums it up particularly bluntly: “She can't take decisions.”
Yes she can, just probably shouldn't.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-morning, everyone
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

tinybgoat wrote:https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... hority?amp
"Cannabis, not Brexit, best illustrates Theresa May’s near-total loss of authority"
For Tory MPs, this is yet more evidence of what they see as May’s greatest weakness: an inability to think dynamically or nip developing problems in the bud. One sums it up particularly bluntly: “She can't take decisions.”
Yes she can, just probably shouldn't.
"" Two cases involving young boys with epilepsy who are medicated with cannabis oil – Billy Caldwell, 12, and Alfie Dingley, 6 – have sent the question of legalising and regulating the drug for medicinal purposes to the to the top of the news agenda. May’s flat-footed response to the row has kept it there for much longer than necessary: her spokesman has now had to reveal that she has never smoked the drug""

Alfie's mother met TMay two months ago,*** and then suffered typical HomeOffice stonewalling , crazy ! That passes the message to all that even going to see her is a waste of time .

Javid did the right thing and profited, while also assuming the garbage that all 'marijuana' is equal, as tho skunk is the same as the weed we smoked in the Sixties and the related industrial feedstock hemp that was banned worldwide following the similar Moral Panic in the early 20th Century .

/how-hemp-became-illegal-the-marijuana-link/

https://www.collective-evolution.com/20 ... uana-link/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You still need a special licence to grow industrial hemp .

*** edit -- received assurances from her,
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... l-november

Electrification of north-west railways delayed until November
"" Brown said this meant the timetable needed to be planned in just 16 weeks rather than the typical period of 40 weeks. He said Northern had asked for the national timetable change to be postponed so the previous schedule would continue, but this was turned down.""

That vital point wasn't strongly made in the HoC debate yesterday ?
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

@frog222
as tho skunk is the same as the weed we smoked in the Sixties
I'm fairly sure I didn't, except possibly passively. (although may well have toddled into some fields of wheat) ;)
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/06/r ... a-may/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Ruth Davidson’s potshot at Theresa May"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Having a series of power cuts which sends the alarms off ,every time I nod off woken up with a jolt.I blame the Tories,particularly my MP.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/j ... boundaries" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Christopher Plummer: 'Why not bring me in to play Roseanne for the next season?'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... ending2017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Effects of taxes and benefits on UK household income: financial year ending 2017
Analysis of how household incomes in the UK are affected by direct and indirect taxes and benefits received in cash or kind, and the changing levels of income inequality over time.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Ind ... f1c103c3d3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Debate on Government's response to the UN report on the convention on the rights of persons with disabilities
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

So its far from impossible that May could be saved on the "meaningful vote" amendment today by the likes of Caroline Flint.

Utterly glorious.

(and of course the usual suspects will blame Corbyn for this if it happens, even though Labour MPs are being whipped to support it)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.parliament.uk/business/comm ... ence17-19/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Following last week’s excoriating NAO report on Universal Credit and the DWP’s failure to assess its impact or prove its claims for the policy’s benefits, the Committee this week continues to take evidence in its inquiry on benefit sanctions, the “only major welfare reform introduced after 2010 that has not been evaluated”.

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/a ... 0ba07587db" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Also perhaps interesting to note that Labour are allowing their MPs a free vote on Heathrow expansion. Puts pressure on the Tories to do the same.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... d-12744613" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Plans to build houses locally are being opposed by the local Labour Councillors subject to getting views(after saying they are opposed to it),not for the first time and no doubt not the last, I may well be at variance,subject to further investigation.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Suddenly too many after ours" I find a strange psychology/disconnect.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Apparently there used to be donkeys where I live,some would say there still is..
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Of course my house didn't detract/cause problems but the NEXT ONE WILL.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

tinybgoat wrote:@frog222
I'm fairly sure I didn't, except possibly passively. (although may well have toddled into some fields of wheat) ;)
As some wits said yesterday, what if we all misheard and it was actually "fields of weed"? :D
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukraini ... eu-market/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Chicken Kiev baron beats Brussels
Yuriy Kosyuk has found a cunning and completely legal way to bypass tough EU import restrictions."
Under the EU’s 2016 trade deal with Ukraine, Kiev won the right to export an obscure, bony cut of chicken tariff-free to the bloc: breast with a piece of wing bone attached. European farmers complain that the Ukrainians are exploiting this loophole to skirt tariffs. This bony cut is sent to EU plants, but the bone is then sliced out and sold as prize chicken breast.
Hmm, would negotiating zero tariffs for trojan horses, solve anything?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

To be fair I could be described in general terms "at variance".It's tough but perhaps,I don't know any different and counter intuitively a source of security.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Communication"at work is by the thumbs up,my right one is strained,I should have used alternatively,you live and learn.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

If you are in a "vehicle" by the sound of the horn.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

tinybgoat wrote:https://www.politico.eu/article/ukraini ... eu-market/
"Chicken Kiev baron beats Brussels
Yuriy Kosyuk has found a cunning and completely legal way to bypass tough EU import restrictions."
Under the EU’s 2016 trade deal with Ukraine, Kiev won the right to export an obscure, bony cut of chicken tariff-free to the bloc: breast with a piece of wing bone attached. European farmers complain that the Ukrainians are exploiting this loophole to skirt tariffs. This bony cut is sent to EU plants, but the bone is then sliced out and sold as prize chicken breast.
Hmm, would negotiating zero tariffs for trojan horses, solve anything?
Breast with a piece of wing attached is the classical on-the-bone cut of breast you should be serving if learned how to do it at catering college.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
tinybgoat wrote:@frog222
As some wits said yesterday, what if we all misheard and it was actually "fields of weed"? :D
I thought a lot of the BTL discussion yesterday on the papers' blogs suggested people thought they were thinking about decriminalising recreational cannabis use. I look forward to the next generation of pub lawyer saying that if you use THC rich oil there's nothing they can do about it because it's legal.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Confining myself to pump trucks and scrubbing machines, though I even crash them."It was only a couple of tonne of chicken"
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

adam wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
I thought a lot of the BTL discussion yesterday on the papers' blogs suggested people thought they were thinking about decriminalising recreational cannabis use. I look forward to the next generation of pub lawyer saying that if you use THC rich oil there's nothing they can do about it because it's legal.
Coincidentally, the Canadian parliament has just voted to legalise cannabis. Its a question of when rather than if in the UK as well IMO.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... d-12744134" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(40's,equally some recognition of contributions in housing terms,facillitation of cost saving accounting for change of circumstance,added to the fact you cannot move for five years without breaking DFG agreement/adapted homes/paucity.of suitable/chang/ed/ing social/health policies/practices.)

Plus interest and admin charges.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

If the extra costs allowances met the actual.extra costs...to remove both the bespoke supplement and the ability to boost income a tad via work is beyond misanthropy and of course the deliberate creation of debt whether to State or borrowing from friends as the impact assessmebt blithely mentions.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

By no means the only income reduction in real and actual terms,the "protected" from the freeze weren't completely,CT etc.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

But necessary to be fair to those on £100,000 a year who are well,struggling to get a morgage five years before we even contemplated it who need help.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/carers-week ... h-support/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would argue not the stress of caring as such but the constant "justifying" in general when none of you should have to.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

And even after the bastards are saying we were "unfair".
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I suppose it depends on perspective,some would say going far too early when you made the World a better place just by being in it,is a tad "unfair".
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Another "win" for Corbyn at PMQ's it appears, for what that is worth (not very much, really)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Re the "meaningful vote" vote -

Lewis Goodall

@lewis_goodall

Jeremy Corbyn spokesman confirms that the Tory whips are refusing to vote through “on the nod” Labour MPs in the palace (prob in ambulances) but too ill to get to the voting lobby in person.
1:18 PM - Jun 20, 2018

“Nodding through” is the practice of bringing a sick MPs[sic] into the Commons in a car or even an ambulance, but not insisting they walk through the division lobby because a whip from the other side will vouchsafe that they are there. (Politics Live, Guardian)

Edited - tidy up
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

John Prescott, the Labour former deputy prime minister, claims the government decision not to “nod through” sick MPs is unprecedented in his long experience.
n

So despite a supposed climbdown by the government on the meaningful vote (I haven't heard Grieve's verdict yet on David Davis' latest contortion & whether it's worth the paper it's written on) I assume they're still expecting some rebellion, but will it be enough?
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

adam wrote:
tinybgoat wrote:morning.
Now that's out there he's free to say what he actually thinks. And Hammond can resign.
Without being 'experts' our common reaction would surely have been no more positive than "better than nothing" ? It's common knowledge that there is a backlog due to Austerity to be made up, plus that closer to 4% steady growth is needed .

"" “The deal was explicitly done on the basis that Stevens was required to support it. The chancellor said that if he was going to be pushed up [to a 3.4% increase] there would need to be a warm and effusive welcome for it. Stevens was in the room at the time Hammond said that”, one well-placed source disclosed.
... ... ...

Other chief executives, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that patients’ waiting times for A&E care and planned operations in hospital would continue to lengthen despite the extra money, a lack of beds and staff would see the service continue to struggle to cope with fast-rising demand and operations were highly likely to be cancelled again next winter. ""

Very damning of both Hammond and Stevens . One adult telling another what to say is not acceptable behaviour, and a senior exec doing what he's told in that manner is very very weak. .
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I noticed (PMQs) that Theresa May kept referring to Justine Greening as "Rt Honourable".

Theresa May doesn't seem to have a grip even on the state of her own Party.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Alan Sugar in nasty shit shocker!
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Kudos to Lisa Nandy on her work to expose the full scale of the Northern Rail fiasco.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

refitman wrote:Alan Sugar in nasty shit shocker!
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, I'd been wondering what he'd said this time. He's losing it imo.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Another "win" for Corbyn at PMQ's it appears, for what that is worth (not very much, really)
Unusually, it may be more important than you think today.

Just imagine you were a Tory MP (sorry!) wondering whether or not to vote against May later.

I think the mood around the PM does matter on these occasions. What she needed was a gutsy, principled stand on the big issues of the day.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Ah - no Tory rebellion following a new concession.

Anyone know about it?
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Paul Waugh
@paulwaugh
·
3m
Grieve CAVES. Says in view of Govt statement, my judgement is 'having finally obtained obvs acknowledgement of sovereignnty of this place' i'm prepared to accept the Govt's difficulty and accept the amendment it wants.
This is pretty much the last point at which the Commons is going to have any say at all in Brexit by the looks of it. Beyond the ultimate option of a vote of no confidence in the govt , which would require a lot of Tory support so is pretty unlikely, they will have no ability to influence govt from this point. If Gove or Boris pull off a leadership coup after this, they'll be firmly in the driving seat. This is not good.
Last edited by Willow904 on Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb